Author Topic: Soul of Gold 2!! :D  (Read 4618 times)

ZakAttak18

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Soul of Gold 2!! :D
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
Yes, please.
"When did I start waiting for my opponent to make the first move?"

-Chairman Netero

Pisces Aphrodite

• Bronze Saint
  • "that sanctuary is in the hands of all demons"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
I finally found out that the text is just saying that a new Soul of Gold project is in the works. It doesn't specify what kind.

So the pics maybe really do have something to do with the new Soul of Gold? :0 Hmm. Kinda sad cause I really *am* very interested on why they're all holding the Libra weapons and what situation called for it but... you know... toei...

Since they've made a big deal out of bringing back the former Kozo Morishita and other former staff I'll hold out a glimmer of hope for sog's future.

Regulus_Aya

• Regulus no Aya
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »
Cross your fingers we don't get another Wailing Wall moment again. I think they're going to DEFINITELY need a vacation after this, if they do.

I couldn't even finish the Hades arc because my sister ran crying into the bathroom halfway through. I knew if she cried, I would probably end up empathizing and then we'd both never make it through.

I can't say that I loved Soul of Gold, but I did like it...sort of. Enjoyed Sigmund and his voice. And ate up the God Warriors, but really wished there was more of the original God Warriors!!

Where did the scan come from, by the way? I know that Toei planned to do more with the gold saints as well as three series: 3D, Saintia Sho and it looks like a reboot, but SoG 2 is new to me.
Apologies for the young me that was on this forum years ago. Hoo boy.

OphiuchusOdysseus

• Bronze Saint
  • "The reincarnation of Asclepius"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 01:17:40 AM »
I personally loved Soul of Gold but I don't really think that it would make sense for it to have a sequel.

AriesVirgoGeminiPete

• SIEG NEO ZEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »
It would be illogical and forced to have a 2nd SoG.
No use in milking the cow if its udder is dry.

Yuni

• Saint in Training
  • -The Great Detective-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 06:44:57 AM »
If they really make a second season then they should at least give it a decent animation and ofc a happy ending for once! The Gold Saints need a break already after all the shit they've been through. Either give us a happy ending or dont give us a show at all.

"This level of reasoning is possible for Furudo Erika"

ZakAttak18

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »
I felt like they had a happy ending in SOG though...

-Chairman Netero

Regulus_Aya

• Regulus no Aya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 01:15:36 PM »
I felt like they had a happy ending in SOG though...

It was, all other media considered, but it was kind of bittersweet there. They save the day, the gold saints are all together and once again united against an evil! Some of the issues between them get resolved for us....But they still have to go back to the afterlife.

Don't think they could elaborate on that scenario any further than that, since they resolved the whole issue in the show. But if we were talking about something else regarding the goldies...like their training days or prior to Seiya's arc...
Apologies for the young me that was on this forum years ago. Hoo boy.

Fruitify

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 08:29:48 AM »
It all comes down to which they could make merchandise for...this is a multi-facet brand now.
SOG came out with the Anime > PS4 Game > SOG EX Figures

So if I have to guess then maybe they would go with making other God clothes...using the characters they already have...Mariner God Cloth, more Bronze God Cloth, Silver God Cloth or simply new saints who will eventually obtain god cloths.

According to the timeline, the Goldies are stuck in that pillar thing after Hades arc

So maybe they can be free out of that and pardoned by other gods so they can go and fight new god clothes?

Personally I want to see the Mariners more, maybe show them as the hero of the series and give them Poseidon God Cloth to fight with other badass god army... How about Poseidon VS Hephaestus?   The Sea VS Volcano...maybe they could borrow God Cloth Libra Weapons sent via sympathy telepathic wifi from Athena as Poseidon did?

ZakAttak18

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
@Fruitify I agree. However, I don't think think that the Overture movie counts in any timeline (canon or non-canon). I could be wrong, but the reason I say this is because the situation of the classic Gold Saints was never discussed in Omega, and that's the most recent addition to the non-canon timeline. Anyways, as much as I love the Saints, I think it would be better to take a break from them (unless they make an anime of the Age of Myth era; Athena vs Ares, for example). I think they should focus on expanding the universe lore-wise. Make a story about Poseidon and the Mariners or some other gods. That would be epic.

-Chairman Netero

Fruitify

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 04:33:47 AM »
Yup I am bored with the fab five or the bronzied too.
Would be awesome to see Mariners centerstage.

OphiuchusOdysseus

• Bronze Saint
  • "The reincarnation of Asclepius"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 05:32:07 AM »
It all comes down to which they could make merchandise for...this is a multi-facet brand now.
SOG came out with the Anime > PS4 Game > SOG EX Figures

So if I have to guess then maybe they would go with making other God clothes...using the characters they already have...Mariner God Cloth, more Bronze God Cloth, Silver God Cloth or simply new saints who will eventually obtain god cloths.

According to the timeline, the Goldies are stuck in that pillar thing after Hades arc

So maybe they can be free out of that and pardoned by other gods so they can go and fight new god clothes?

Personally I want to see the Mariners more, maybe show them as the hero of the series and give them Poseidon God Cloth to fight with other badass god army... How about Poseidon VS Hephaestus?   The Sea VS Volcano...maybe they could borrow God Cloth Libra Weapons sent via sympathy telepathic wifi from Athena as Poseidon did?

Kurumada actually removed the"Heaven Chapter Overture"movie from the canon timeline because he wasn't pleased with how the movie turned out and got into lots of disagreements with Toei.I don't think that it is part of the non-canon anime timeline either because in Omega the fate of the original Gold Saints wasn't never mentioned at all.
I strongly doubt that we would get see a series in which the Mariners would be the main heroes though because it really would be strange to see a Saint Seiya spin off series that isn't focused around Athena and her Saints.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 01:51:45 PM »
However, I don't think think that the Overture movie counts in any timeline (canon or non-canon). I could be wrong, but the reason I say this is because the situation of the classic Gold Saints was never discussed in Omega, and that's the most recent addition to the non-canon timeline. Anyways, as much as I love the Saints, I think it would be better to take a break from them (unless they make an anime of the Age of Myth era; Athena vs Ares, for example). I think they should focus on expanding the universe lore-wise. Make a story about Poseidon and the Mariners or some other gods. That would be epic.

It's true it's not canon but at the same I don't think it really matters since SoG itself is not canon as well. My question is why on Earth they are plan a sequel? did SoG do that well? personally I wasn't happy about it...sure you get to see the Gold Saints once again but is it really worth it when the story itself is not so great? Sure I am going to watch whatever they serve me because it is Saint Seiya but I don't have to like it right? and it's sad because it seems that they never learn from their mistakes...it Overture, Omega, LoS and SoG all have been a huge fail for me and I hope for the most of us. As for what SoG 2 will have, I am not so sure. TOEI played it safe with something familiar, Asgard and still failed to deliver. Also maybe because I expected so much from it as I am one of the few that actually enjoyed the Asgard Arc what can I say. I am not one of those guys that say, oh it's not canon it's crap or whatever, if it's worth then there's no way to dis it but if it's a disaster...then it's a disaster, plain and simple.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 07:37:44 AM »
They still gotta market the remaining God Gold Cloths Myth Cloths in some way, a new series would be the most effective.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 11:02:49 AM »
If they rehash the Poseidon arc again just with gold saints... ):