Author Topic: Best Villains Thread  (Read 2580 times)

Mikael Aurelius

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Homepage
Best Villains Thread
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:51:25 PM »
Just creating a random thread to discuss some of the best villains (and their heroic counterparts) to have graced us. Only guideline is that it does not have to be an Anime or Game villain.

As for me, I'd likely say Lezard Valeth from Valkyrie Profile is one of the most interesting (and likely one of the most insane) villains that I have ever had the enjoyment of encountering in a story.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Best Villains Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 07:44:05 PM »
I really ought to get around to beating Valkyrie Profile someday...

Anyway, I'd say my favorite villain is probably Raoh from Hokuto no Ken (big surprise from the guy with the Kenshiro avatar, I know).  His story really touched me, and it's something I think back on a lot.  He appears at first to be a needlessly cruel man consumed by pride, but he's so much more than that.  I almost see his and Raoh's struggles against one another to be a parable of manhood in modern times.  HnK is truly this era's Iliad. 

I'll have more another time.

Mikael Aurelius

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:55:11 PM »
Never saw that anime (yet) but it doesn't take much for me to add it to my list.

As for a bit about Lezard Valeth; he is motivated by his love [obsession] with Lenneth Valkyrie a Norse Goddess, and plays a major role (despite being a villain himself) in the game's A-Ending when you need to use him, Brahms, Arngrim, and Mystina to defeat Hrist and restore Lenneth as Valkyrie.

He creates a number of hommonculi of Lenneth (soulless vessels) while using the Philosopher's Stone to reverse engineer captive elves, in order to create a perfect vessel for Lenneth's soul.

In the prequel, he is the final boss, and has gone so far as to destroy Odin and Freya [Frigga] in his efforts to make Lenneth into his lover.

a bit on the insane and obsessive, but an exceptionally powerful wizard, and probably the most powerful you can get in your party (you can fully recruit him through the Hard-Mode A-ending Seraphic Gate bonus dungeon).

Recruiting him does require defeating him first [if I recall correctly].

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »
I suppose that I always had a soft spot for Loki, Magneto and Dr. Doom. Looking back at their past, made me like them even more.

Now, I also include a few characters that serve their purpose as true villains. Carnage, Apocalypse and Thanos. Their sole purpose is to kill.

Mikael Aurelius

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 07:53:28 AM »
Very nice choices ^,.,^

Loki was definitely up there in my list of villains, as both the BBEG (Final Boss, Big-Bad-Evil-Guy) of Valkyrie Profile [A-Ending Only] but for his role with Thor and the Avengers as well.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 09:11:43 AM »
Thank you. ^_^

Sadly I do not know of Valkyrie Profile besides a game I used to have on PSP, gathering souls and unlocking characters or something like that. It was a looong time ago.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »
Never saw that anime (yet) but it doesn't take much for me to add it to my list.

As for a bit about Lezard Valeth; he is motivated by his love [obsession] with Lenneth Valkyrie a Norse Goddess, and plays a major role (despite being a villain himself) in the game's A-Ending when you need to use him, Brahms, Arngrim, and Mystina to defeat Hrist and restore Lenneth as Valkyrie.

He creates a number of hommonculi of Lenneth (soulless vessels) while using the Philosopher's Stone to reverse engineer captive elves, in order to create a perfect vessel for Lenneth's soul.

In the prequel, he is the final boss, and has gone so far as to destroy Odin and Freya [Frigga] in his efforts to make Lenneth into his lover.

a bit on the insane and obsessive, but an exceptionally powerful wizard, and probably the most powerful you can get in your party (you can fully recruit him through the Hard-Mode A-ending Seraphic Gate bonus dungeon).

Recruiting him does require defeating him first [if I recall correctly].

Interesting.

As for Hokuto no Ken, I'd recommend the manga over the anime.  They kinda mess up his character in the anime adaptation.

Mikael Aurelius

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 05:32:07 PM »
Thanks for the info, will definitely look into it.

SageofTime

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »
My Favorite Villains

Michael Myers (Halloween Franchise)
Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th Franchise)
Freddy Kreugar (Nightmare on Elm Street Franchise)
The Joker (Batman Franchise)
Darth Vader (Star Wars Franchise)
Ganondorf (Zelda Videogames)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Any Tim Curry villain (British actor known for Nigel Thornberry, Frank N Furter, Pennywise etc.)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 04:51:08 AM »
I was also thinking of adding Dark Vader but then I realized how cliche that would be and I don't think that there's anyone that likes Star Wars and doesn't like him.

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
yeah, Dark Vader, a classic...
Johan (Monster)
Muraki (Yami no Matsuei) - enjoyably twisted and crazy
Kars (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - nice fashion sense lol
+Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Ikki (Saint Seiya) - if I count him while he was acting in such a role...

Raoh (Hokuto no Ken) - hate him the most XD

I'm still playing Valkyrie Profile on and off... ^-^