Author Topic: Saint Seiya 30th Anniversary Exhibition  (Read 3137 times)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya 30th Anniversary Exhibition
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
I have never been in a expo outside US so that's useful information for Akiba :)

Thank you so much!

Shunhades

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 11:06:31 PM »
I have never been in a expo outside US so that's useful information for Akiba :)

Thank you so much!

You're welcome, I mean I know my response was probably a little disappointing. But at least you know what to expect 83

Saint Seiya Fan for over 20 years

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 02:28:02 AM »
No not really, I should have expected something like that from the Japanese. They are strict in many things and I don't see why it should be any different for this kind of things. I have been to Japan before so nothing surprises me. Still a bit shocked about their education system though....but that's a different story.

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 03:28:08 AM »
No not really, I should have expected something like that from the Japanese. They are strict in many things and I don't see why it should be any different for this kind of things. I have been to Japan before so nothing surprises me. Still a bit shocked about their education system though....but that's a different story.

It's actually not so much to be strict as it's a matter of safety. People have been harassed for wearing cosplay in public. So it's not because they wanna be a debbie downer or anything like that. It's much easier to have people change at the venues if it's allowed because then they can't get harassed.

Though another benefit to changing at the venue is if you're uncomfortable in your cosplay you have your stuff to change out of it too. Or if something breaks. Etc...

Also another thing I forgot to mention is if they do have a changing area. xD There's no privacy at most places. It's generally a giant room that's segregated by gender. So if you can change into your cosplay, expect this. I don't know if that makes you uncomfortable or anything. But I felt this should be mentioned so you're aware of that too.

If you're lucky, pay lockers will be available for you to put your stuff into. If not, then a suitcase with wheels is your best bet for easy lugging.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »
Right, I knew there was some sense behind this, it always has. xD

No, I understand that a changing room is the most logical idea, if you think about it walking around in public with the Pegasus V5 will make uncomfortable as well and since it's the lightest cosplay I have from Saint Seiya, I will probably take only that one with me and it fits in a briefcase. Worst case scenario if no changing rooms, I will be holding it the whole day...fml...

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
So I heard you some of you got tickets I found this:

If you want some wallpapers here in the official of the 30th:

http://seiya30th.com/

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 08:53:01 AM »
I saw some  pics of SS Golden Age  the art were from of authors of SS, looks like Manga, so what would be? One shot, some are saying will be a novel.

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
Welp, I can't sleep. I'd be lying if I said it was due to excitement, but it's not. I haven't been sleeping well in general.

But atleast I'll be at the exhibition in a few hours. I have decided to wear my Saint Seiya Chibi Gold Saints shirt because I don't feel like putting on lolita. xD

And Seiya, I don't know if you'll see this, but it seems this exhibition is going to be more like a museum showing than a con, so you're probably better off not bringing your cosplay to the venue.

I am hoping to be able to take photos while there, but no promises because when I went to the Pixar exhibition, they didn't allow photos. But if they do, I will be taking many and will most likely post them on my tumblr. xD

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »
I couldn't go but I was able to get these:

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 10:40:49 PM »

And Seiya, I don't know if you'll see this, but it seems this exhibition is going to be more like a museum showing than a con, so you're probably better off not bringing your cosplay to the venue.

I am sorry, I didn't reply as soon as I read this. I was a complete jerk. Thanks for telling me and yeah much better this way, I had more space for my clothing. Anywho, did you have fun?