Author Topic: Saint Seiya 30th Anniversary Exhibition  (Read 3138 times)

Shunhades

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Saint Seiya 30th Anniversary Exhibition
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:32:50 AM »
OH MY GOD!! I am SOOOOO GOING to this! Even if I have to die trying. xD I'm currently in Japan for college. So it's a great opportunity for me to try to go. I registered for the lottery for an advanced ticket with voucher to get the original color Seiya figure. But if I don't win that I won't care, cause I can still go. xD I get the college student price anyway. But I figured I may as well see if I could win the lottery to get the figure (you have to pay for the figure, the lottery is more, you get the honor of actually being able to get one of the figures they have available). I won't find out til Tuesday if I won or not.

Frankly I don't expect to win the voucher. xD

I SOOO CAN'T WAIT! SOOO EXCITED EVEN THOUGH THIS ISN'T HAPPENING TIL JUNE!

Actual Event is June 18 to the 29th of 2016!

Information here:

http://otakumode.com/news/565ff991395eca5b739a4a20/%E2%80%9CSaint-Seiya%E2%80%9D-30th-Anniversary-Exhibition-Everything-%E2%80%9CSeiya%E2%80%9D-Gathers-in-Akihabara-in-June-2016!?lang=en

Saint Seiya Fan for over 20 years

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya 30th Anniversary Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 07:38:02 AM »
I'M NOT JEALOUS....  :heehee:

You better bring back pictures!

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:44:04 AM »
I'M NOT JEALOUS....  :heehee:

You better bring back pictures!

What kind of fan would I be if I didn't bring pictures?! What do you take me for?! A sailormoon fan?! (XD LOL JKJK).

But yes, I will provide pictures.

I also just realized I narrowly made it in time for registering for the lottery. Apparently registration for it ends today. And in the next 15 minutes. So phew! I managed to register at the skin of my teeth!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
Already registered for this, plus booked a ticket. :)

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:39:32 PM »
Talking about the 30th look at I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaF2b0xzvc

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 06:33:22 AM »
Talking about the 30th look at I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaF2b0xzvc

8/ That was not very good. I mean yes I know it was fan made, but the animation was greatly lacking.

ZakAttak18

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »
8/ That was not very good. I mean yes I know it was fan made, but the animation was greatly lacking.

Still better than Toei, though XD

Lol, I actually enjoyed it. The animation isn't great because the person was using non animated characters aside from the fact that's it's fan made. That didn't really take anything from how awesome it was.
"When did I start waiting for my opponent to make the first move?"

-Chairman Netero

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »

I agree it was horrible...plus there was even Omegacrap...they should be ashamed of themselves for including that one.

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 01:53:04 PM »
I like it, of course doesn't  compare with a normal fanart in deviart, but still I like it for the feeling. This video makes me wonder how far Shoko will prevail.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »

Now that's dedication.

I'm gonna be going to Japan this year, too, but I'm there about a month before this.  I expect detailed panorama photos of every room of the expo, people.

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 06:13:02 AM »
Still better than Toei, though XD

Lol, I actually enjoyed it. The animation isn't great because the person was using non animated characters aside from the fact that's it's fan made. That didn't really take anything from how awesome it was.

I don't think it was better than Toei's works, sorry. But everyone has a different opinion of it. To each their own.

Guess I may or may not be seeing you there. xD

On another note I just checked my e-mail and HOLY CRAP I WON THE LOTTERY! O.O meaning I get to buy that Seiya figure.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »

1. Guess I may or may not be seeing you there. xD

2. On another note I just checked my e-mail and HOLY CRAP I WON THE LOTTERY! O.O meaning I get to buy that Seiya figure.

1. Oh yeah, definitely see you there if we can arrange it. :P

2. Congrats!, what figure are you referring to?

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 05:03:09 AM »
1. Oh yeah, definitely see you there if we can arrange it. :P

2. Congrats!, what figure are you referring to?

1. Okay cool, I'll either be in lolita or wearing my Saint Seiya gold saint Chibi shirt and jeans (shirt being most likely xD, though if I go multiple days I can just do both =P)

2. This figure, Tamashii Nations made it to Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Saint Seiya. It's the manga color edition. It was only obtainable atm through a lottery when registering for advanced tickets.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 11:44:27 AM »
1. Okay cool, I'll either be in lolita or wearing my Saint Seiya gold saint Chibi shirt and jeans (shirt being most likely xD, though if I go multiple days I can just do both =P)

2. This figure, Tamashii Nations made it to Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Saint Seiya. It's the manga color edition. It was only obtainable atm through a lottery when registering for advanced tickets.

1. Hehe, I probably go as Pegasus Seiya V5 (manga version)...it's the most comfortable cosplay I have...I was planning to go as one of the Gold Saints but I don't know how long I will be there so I choose safe.  Not sure how many days I can be there, I want to take advantage of it since my ticket lasts for the whole expo period. We will see. That being said I might pack a few Gold Saints cosplay that I own.

2. Ah this one, pass...it's a non existent Cloth so I am not interested on it. It's a bastard version of manga/anime altogether. :P

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
1. Hehe, I probably go as Pegasus Seiya V5 (manga version)...it's the most comfortable cosplay I have...I was planning to go as one of the Gold Saints but I don't know how long I will be there so I choose safe.  Not sure how many days I can be there, I want to take advantage of it since my ticket lasts for the whole expo period. We will see. That being said I might pack a few Gold Saints cosplay that I own.

2. Ah this one, pass...it's a non existent Cloth so I am not interested on it. It's a bastard version of manga/anime altogether. :P

1. Fair warning, you can't wear your cosplay on public transportation (Though street clothing editions are probably okay without make up and wig), as in Japan it's not considered acceptable to do so. So you can carry your cosplay in a bag or suitcase and possibly change at the venue. But you can't change in the bathroom. You'll have to ask if there's a cosplay changing room on site. If there is not, then that basically means you can't wear your cosplay to the venue.

I say this because if the venue does not allow anyone in cosplay to enter, you will be turned away from the venue. So it's better to carry it in a bag or suitcase that way if they say you can't wear it you're not turned away cause you're wearing normal clothes and just have to keep your cosplay in your bag or suitcase.

And if there is a cosplay changing room, there is the possibility of a fee (it's a small amount) for use of the cosplay changing room.

The only time it's okay to wear cosplay/costumes in Japan in public is during Halloween time. Otherwise, you have to change at the actual venue in changing rooms provided if available (Bathrooms are not allowed to be used for changing into cosplays anywhere, including the venue).

2. You say pass xD But the opportunity to receive it is now gone. LOL.