Author Topic: New To Forum and New To Saint Seiya  (Read 950 times)

Raine

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
New To Forum and New To Saint Seiya
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:00:39 PM »
Hi Guys I have a question regarding collecting the Saint Seiya figures, I know its made by Bandai, but what are these other toy makers by the name king model, speeding models, megahouse etc. are these what I think would be fake? Let me know if its worth buying and the quality, thanks.

ZakAttak18

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: New To Forum and New To Saint Seiya
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:55:18 AM »
Hi Guys I have a question regarding collecting the Saint Seiya figures, I know its made by Bandai, but what are these other toy makers by the name king model, speeding models, megahouse etc. are these what I think would be fake? Let me know if its worth buying and the quality, thanks.

First off, welcome to the community and I hope you have a great time with us! Unfortunately, I've never bought any Saint Seiya figures so I can't give you any input :(
I'm sure someone will come along and help you out, though, so hang in there. Meanwhile, keep on enjoying Saint Seiya!
"When did I start waiting for my opponent to make the first move?"

-Chairman Netero

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »
I can tell you that the ones made by Bandai themselves can have issues, too.  My 10th Anniversary Ed. God Cloth Seiya's kneecap parts pop out constantly.  I don't even put the damn thing on display anymore due to how often they come out.  It kinda poisoned me on the whole SCM line, honestly.

Shunhades

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 04:10:29 AM »
Not all the figures made by other companies are fake. It's more Bandai makes a majority of the figures. Best way to know if they are fake or not is if they don't have a copy right on them.

For instance (and this is true of all figures, not just Saint Seiya), if the bottom of a figure just says made in China, but doesn't have the copyright)

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

For the bandai ones, they have toei stickers on them to show they are authentic. Here's an example of an english sticker:

Of course if you get a figure from japan, then those words are in Japanese. Stickers can be gold and black, gold and red, silver and black, silver and red. I haven't seen anything beyond that.

Also if you check online before you guy a figure, you'll see there can be great differences from an authentic figure to a real one. Yes a real one can have defects, but what i'm talking about is more, a huge difference in quality.

If there's a figure you want and it's being sold for $150, but someone is selling one on ebay for $20. There's a chance it can be fake, but make sure to check.

For this example, i'm going to use the Sebastian figure from square enix (Sebastian is from Kuroshitsuji btw).

When his figure came out, it was about $150. Someone was selling a figure for $50. Since I had an authentic one, that I got from a verified dealer, I decided to do a comparison. The $50 figure's quality was really bad. Paint job was terrible. But another key was the box. The authentic figure's box had silver lettering on it. The fake one had white lettering instead.

Person claimed it was an authentic figure, but I called him out on it, and he removed it from ebay.

Now I'm not saying price is necessarily a key in seeing if someone is fake. Cause some people do sell authentic figures for cheap to clear some space. But chances are if a figure was $150, it's not going to sell for a mere $20 either.

As for if figures from other companies from worth buying....Well, that's honestly a matter of ones preference at that point.

Hope this helped.
Saint Seiya Fan for over 20 years