Author Topic: Star Wars The Force Awakens  (Read 3215 times)

SageofTime

Star Wars The Force Awakens
« on: December 18, 2015, 12:32:17 AM »
Made this page for people to talk about the new movie.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 07:02:20 AM »
My scores:

Original Tri - 9, 10, 9
Prequels - 0, -10, 0

Ep 7 - 7

Yer, lower your expectations... ;)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
Not sure what to expect, I mean Disney has put some unlikely characters for main heroes in the Star Wars series. I said unlikely as it has never happened before. Having a black guy and a woman at the same time. I am not being a racist or a chauvinist just saying that this was a bold move coming from Disney and I am hoping for a good result. But in any case screw them, I want to know who the Sith Lord is because as we know Vader was the last Sith Lord...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:15:03 AM by Seiya »

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »
He's fine in the movie but only because the movie didn't really have great scenes for him. JJ Abrams has proven again to be a mediocre director. Next time I see his name related to any movie, I will wait for download...

gingaone

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
True Original Fan Star Wars That kylo ren look like Copy from star wars old republic Game  I mean Darth  Revan here the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czU6H3GPkYo

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »
But Darth Revan is not canon...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:49:34 PM by Seiya »

gingaone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
But Dark Revan is not canon...

Indeed from Spin off Story Game not canon...

Kylo ren Design copy from Darth  Revan That what i mean.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
Oh gotcha!

Yeah, it's possible. I just found out who Kylo is.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren

Dunno why I haven't thought about looking into it before...but damn I had no idea.

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 05:30:36 AM »
Awesome movie! The new characters work great, I don't know how people have issues with women and black actors, they are people as well.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 06:17:07 AM »
That's not what I meant...I guess what I am trying to tell is that this is just a trend. It's a strategy.

Either way I don't expect much from this movie.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 06:25:21 AM »
@Dynamixx

The problem with the two characters is very cliche and been done thousand of times. The girl who has all this awesome power somehow magically. The ethnic character who's never gets to be center stage and gets upstage by someone else and comes off as comic relief...

They take one step forward and then 2 steps back. It is actually quite not revolutionary at all...

gingaone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »
I found One But in Spanish click Player 2.

they gonna put English Version  soon.

http://www.spacemov.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-full-movie-watch-online-hdfree109/

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:25:55 PM by gingaone »

SageofTime

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 03:48:08 PM »
I am going to see this movie either this weekend  or during the week because the theaters are going to be crowded. I heard the movie has gotten really good reviews so I am excited :D.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:22 AM »
I liked the movie, the script was great, the use of characters was better than the other 6 films. It wasn't George's strong point. xD

Visualy it was a real let down, but that could be seen from the trailers even so i didn't expect much there. George had a good eye for the visual stuff, and you could tell instantly that he wasn't involved. The nods to the 3 first movies got very cringy.

So i would give the movie a 7/10

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 05:17:43 AM »
@Dynamixx

The problem with the two characters is very cliche and been done thousand of times. The girl who has all this awesome power somehow magically. The ethnic character who's never gets to be center stage and gets upstage by someone else and comes off as comic relief...

They take one step forward and then 2 steps back. It is actually quite not revolutionary at all...

Yes, that is right. But frankly, everything you sap out of history of cinema follows ''trends'', lot of movies and comic books are the testament of the era they were in and as a guy who is for emancipation of women, I don't see anything bad with female lead.
Well, it is magical yes, because there are clever nods in the movie. We don't know who Rey is, just that she is strong with the force. If you pay close attention, it all happened after Kylo was scouting her mind and it backfired, he learnt things about her, but then she sapped lot of things from him and tried to use them, it worked. Her fight was simmilar to Vader vs Luke in Cloud City, where Luke was a leagues under Vader in terms of power, but was guided by the force, unless he would die.
He also never was in any fencing battle with lightsabers before.

Also, a lot interesting bit is about Finn, because the awakening that Snoke is talking about, is actually mostly concerning him. As he went to battle, a trained stormtrooper since birth with a twisted sense of justice, something snapped in him.
It was the calling in the force, as it caught attention of Kylo Ren and they looked at each other. Kylo remembers this guy since. Finn is not force sensitive, but the force guides his destiny and he is as terrified as Rey is.

Also, idea of Kylo Ren actually not being a Jedi turned Dark Side, but he has that since he was a kid and that was the reason they've sent him to Luke, where he learned about the Darth Vader legacy and idolized him.
Snoke used this and ''seduced'' Kylo for a greater power. Kylo is battling hard to actually not be seduced by light side of the force, which is calling to him. We never saw this idea as well, as usually, the dark side users are brought into darkness and are inpenetrable to light, as only Luke Skywalker was able to bring the light back to Darth Vader, who was actually tragic figure.

These are some interesting concepts and I can't wait for enxt episodes to expand them.