Author Topic: Hyrule Warrior Legends  (Read 2341 times)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Hyrule Warrior Legends
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »
 thanks for giving me a book to read ni :o. But the link between  sexualization and objetivication  it's mostly an absurd  connection made by feminist in this western victim  and women worshiping calture.  That being said while for reason's  I don't view sexualisation and the silly term over sexualisation  as something negitive and think peaple who have this problem are being overly sensitive, and ironicly very close to chirstinanity view toward sex that is sadly ingraind in our calture. Buuuut you did a fair job of explaining why  even if It's  silly, congrats.

Like Tetsu said, over in Japan objectification is real. Im sure you must have seen it, games, manga, anime have have no other purpose than do that. No matter what you believe, it's still a fact that objectification does involve sexualisation. As for sexualisation by itself it can either be objectification or not depending on the intention of the people who are involved in creating those images.

Also you called it absurd...why don't you try and say that in person to people who were forced into prostitution, victims of sexual abuse and so on?

Another thing, it doesn't need to be christians who are against these kind of things. I don't think it's strange for some women to feel disgusted by it, if you think in the way that people wouldn't like it if that happen to themselves.

If I have to speak for myself, it's annoying as hell when a media try to have so much sexualisation to attract the male audience, and I do think that overdoing it is kind of disgusting. Otherwise I don't usually mind it.

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
I am against this, ''Don't say that, you might hurt someone's anything''.
Usually these bland and boring people say that, without speck of humour.
But yeah, I am strongly against sexualization for Otaku. Everytime I wanna watch some new anime, I am turned down by these submisive annoying girls, that are made only for one purpose.
For weird guys to masturbate upon them. I stopped watching the latest Gundam and Gundam Seed because of that, also even guys are more feminime in Japan nowadays.

Where is the time of those strong women characters like Frau Bow or Sayla Mass from Gundam?
Oh yeah, I was also huge fan of Tomb Raider series as a kid and it wasn't because of boobies.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 02:10:58 PM »
I am against this, ''Don't say that, you might hurt someone's anything''.
Usually these bland and boring people say that, without speck of humour.
But yeah, I am strongly against sexualization for Otaku. Everytime I wanna watch some new anime, I am turned down by these submisive annoying girls, that are made only for one purpose.
For weird guys to masturbate upon them. I stopped watching the latest Gundam and Gundam Seed because of that, also even guys are more feminime in Japan nowadays.

Where is the time of those strong women characters like Frau Bow or Sayla Mass from Gundam?
Oh yeah, I was also huge fan of Tomb Raider series as a kid and it wasn't because of boobies.

Do you know what's one of the worst trend you could see about that in the Japanese manga, anime and game industry? Make something about action with loads of woman characters fighting...and then have them all wear bikinis...*facepalm*

On the other hand there were discussions on this forum complaining how the some of the cloth designs aren't practical because they don't have a crotch guard...

As for the not hurting someone with words, I don't mean it in such a literal black and white way. Like I said, it depends on the people you're with. My point is whatever it's about if you're with a really sensitive person, unless you are making an argument, point something out or want the person to dislike you, why would you purposely say something that you know would make them upset? I mean you definitely could, but you will have to deal with whatever come after as a consequence of your own words. If you are with people who are not so sensitive, go ahead. If it's on the internet, go ahead, as long as you are not trolling.

SageofTime

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »
I don't like a lot of newer anime or manga series these days because they do all this fanservice to draw in the male viewer or readership. Like giving woman boobs that are bigger than their face.

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
Also I don't see objectification  as neither  a good or bad thing, and neither should others for everyone  is objectifledo some extent  it's human behavior, and while I can surly  see why such things as big boobs  design  can make peaple uncomfortable to try and change society  to fit your view or cause it makes you feel that way is wrong. Marketing  sex is usually effective, sex sells and only those who cling to there  false ideals would think otherwise.  And If asked I would tell that to anyone  rape victim  or otherwise.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
The problem, PimpLogic, is more that content like that is the dominant thing in the anime industry right now because of the burst of the anime market bubble in the latter aughts*.  When that happened, anime companies shat bricks, got scared, and started primarily appealing to the hardcore otaku demographic almost exclusively.  I love 2D tits and asses, but I don't need them shoved in my face every three seconds in every single anime that I try to watch.  I like cute, shy girls, but that archetype has been so run into the ground by so many of the anime nowadays that I want to throttle someone every time I see a character like that.  I'm sick and tired of all these light novel protagonists with messy black hair that at like their lives are sooooo awful because they get to live some generic otaku fantasy getting adapted into shows.  It's leaking into other shows, too.  Hell, this isn't even a problem with just male-focused stuff; a ton of painfully bland, awful harem shows for girls are being made now, too.  Hell, it's even affecting video games. I have to agree with both Yoshiyuki Tomino and Hideaki Anno that, if anime stays like it is currently, the market is going to collapse again due to focusing on a singular, small demographic that just keeps getting older.  Hopefully, this'll lead to a greater diversification in the kind of shows being made, and maybe give some young talent a chance to shine.

*This happened because the surge of anime's popularity around the world lead to many shows that would be unprofitable being greenlit just because of the belief that anime is instant money.  US Anime companies happily spent big bunks bringing a lot of these shows to the States on DVD, spending the money to dub almost all of them.  It wound up affecting both the US and Japan pretty hard.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »
Also I don't see objectification  as neither  a good or bad thing, and neither should others for everyone  is objectifledo some extent  it's human behavior, and while I can surly  see why such things as big boobs  design  can make peaple uncomfortable to try and change society  to fit your view or cause it makes you feel that way is wrong. Marketing  sex is usually effective, sex sells and only those who cling to there  false ideals would think otherwise.  And If asked I would tell that to anyone  rape victim  or otherwise.

Of course it's like that to you since you read/watch those things...don't make me mention it. You know what I mean -___-

Parry999

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 05:30:35 PM »
Fairy dress up mini game really. Lana In a tiki outfit with her green hair why.

SageofTime

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 01:23:03 AM »
Fairy dress up mini game really. Lana In a tiki outfit with her green hair why.
What?