Author Topic: Hyrule Warrior Legends  (Read 2340 times)

SageofTime

Hyrule Warrior Legends
« on: December 05, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
Last Year Hyrule Warriors came out for the Wii U and next year they are coming out Hyrule Warrior Legends for the 3DS. It will have the same characters plus new ones like Toon Link, Tetra, and the King of Hyrule from the Wind Waker. There is also going to be a female version of Link called Linkle but her design is totally different from Link and she has two crossbows instead of the master sword. I believe it be released in January in Japan and March in the US and Europe.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Hyrule Warrior Legends
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:36:05 AM »
I do enjoy the regular Zelda games, but these warriors games are not my cup of tea. Plus the sexualization of the females is rampant.

So i've been hoping that this warriors series would slowly die out with one game.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

SageofTime

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 01:46:52 PM »
I do enjoy the regular Zelda games, but these warriors games are not my cup of tea. Plus the sexualization of the females is rampant.

So i've been hoping that this warriors series would slowly die out with one game.
Yeah I am more looking forward to the Zelda 3DS game coming out at the end of this month and the wii U game coming out next year.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
I actually like Linkle design a lot, and it's defintiely good that they make her more distinguishable and not just cross dress Link. have you seen this? The idea on the cross bow is actually really nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sPoBXeVw5s

Parry999

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 02:29:06 PM »

Yeah cause we never had half naked females zelda characters before =P What zelda 3ds game coming this month?

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 08:01:31 PM »

Now when did sexualization auto mean something bad? XD aside from in brain  dead feminist  circles.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:41:09 PM »
  Now when did sexualization auto mean something bad? XD aside from in brain  dead feminist  circles.

Because it could also be seen as objectification of women?

Also it's kind of like how some people disparage something that looks really gay but in reverse. Of course these don't quite hold the same kinds of connotation in peoples mind. These connotations, apart from sexuality that differ from person to person, from my understanding seems to mostly depend on cultures. It's like how in western cultures, Christianity had made it so that gay people are/were seen as something bad, and sexualisation of men is often portrayed to be related to that. So ultimately they tend to get grouped together, and somehow that view is still seen as a norm to some degree. On the other hand, the sexualisation of women tends to be associated with heterosexual relationships which the majority of people sees as the norm. And since for a long time in the culture men are/were seen as the dominant sex, that made it got integrated even more as the norm. So, that's maybe why you don't see the sexualisation of women as something bad or inappropriate.

However, since the norms are getting changed some people are not happy with the female sexualisation and getting purposely exploited it becomes a concern and one of the subjects that people could get sensitive on. But basically if you want to be really impartial, if you get turned off by something gay-looking/sexualisation of men, then so should something lesbian-looking/sexualisation of women, and vice versa. If you [well just people in general, I'm not exactly lecturing you xD] 1) don't mind one but mind the other 2) like one but don't like the other 3) don't mind both or 4) like both, then that's your opinion, but obviously there are limits to how you should act or say about it, as that could be taken as offensive which depends on the how sensitive people around you are on the matter. It calls being considerate.

Well...that's my view anyway.

SageofTime

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 10:18:33 PM »
I actually like Linkle design a lot, and it's defintiely good that they make her more distinguishable and not just cross dress Link. have you seen this? The idea on the cross bow is actually really nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sPoBXeVw5s
Yeah I have seen the design and I like it a lot also.
What zelda 3ds game coming this month?

Triforce Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CMp3UzBPWs

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »

SageofTime

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 10:30:42 PM »
Wasn't it released 2 months ago?
Oh it was? Yeah on  wikipedia it was released in October and wow it got mixed reviews thats the first time I seen a Zelda game score that low but last time I checked the the preorder for the game it was for this month. I feel silly XD

Parry999

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 10:35:57 PM »
Oh it was? Yeah on  wikipedia it was released in October and wow it got mixed reviews thats the first time I seen a Zelda game score that low but last time I checked the the preorder for the game it was for this month. I feel silly XD
Its a three sword game with a bad single player and the strangest story in the franchise also its the same link from A link between worlds becuase ninentdo says so even when the game says your basically not link.

SageofTime

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 11:13:05 PM »
Its a three sword game with a bad single player and the strangest story in the franchise also its the same link from A link between worlds becuase ninentdo says so even when the game says your basically not link.
Now you mention it the story in one of the trailers looked really strange. I also don't get why would they same this is the same Link from a Link between Worlds when that Link looked more like from a Link to a Past and this is a toon Link.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 01:13:24 AM »

Also it's kind of like how some people disparage something that looks really gay but in reverse. Of course these don't quite hold the same kinds of connotation in peoples mind. These connotations, apart from sexuality that differ from person to person, from my understanding seems to mostly depend on cultures. It's like how in western cultures, Christianity had made it so that gay people are/were seen as something bad, and sexualisation of men is often portrayed to be related to that. So ultimately they tend to get grouped together, and somehow that view is still seen as a norm to some degree. On the other hand, the sexualisation of women tends to be associated with heterosexual relationships which the majority of people sees as the norm. And since for a long time in the culture men are/were seen as the dominant sex, that made it got integrated even more as the norm. So, that's maybe why you don't see the sexualisation of women as something bad or inappropriate.

However, since the norms are getting changed some people are not happy with the female sexualisation and getting purposely exploited it becomes a concern and one of the subjects that people could get sensitive on. But basically if you want to be really impartial, if you get turned off by something gay-looking/sexualisation of men, then so should something lesbian-looking/sexualisation of women, and vice versa. If you [well just people in general, I'm not exactly lecturing you xD] 1) don't mind one but mind the other 2) like one but don't like the other 3) don't mind both or 4) like both, then that's your opinion, but obviously there are limits to how you should act or say about it, as that could be taken as offensive which depends on the how sensitive people around you are on the matter. It calls being considerate.

No, you're pretty spot on.
And with the Otaku ruling Japan at the moment, it is almost always objectification when it comes to Japanese products.

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 06:38:29 AM »

thanks for giving me a book to read ni :o. But the link between  sexualization and objetivication  it's mostly an absurd  connection made by feminist in this western victim  and women worshiping calture.  That being said while for reason's  I don't view sexualisation and the silly term over sexualisation  as something negitive and think peaple who have this problem are being overly sensitive, and ironicly very close to chirstinanity view toward sex that is sadly ingraind in our calture. Buuuut you did a fair job of explaining why  even if It's  silly, congrats.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
  thanks for giving me a book to read ni :o. But the link between  sexualization and objetivication  it's mostly an absurd  connection made by feminist in this western victim  and women worshiping calture.  That being said while for reason's  I don't view sexualisation and the silly term over sexualisation  as something negitive and think peaple who have this problem are being overly sensitive, and ironicly very close to chirstinanity view toward sex that is sadly ingraind in our calture. Buuuut you did a fair job of explaining why  even if It's  silly, congrats.

We're talking about Japan here ;)
It's always sexualization and objetification there

Even the creator of Evangelion said that the anime industry is going bad because of how all the Otakus run it. :)