Author Topic: Rumour: new anime series in 2016?  (Read 19398 times)

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Rumour: new anime series in 2016?
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
I think ND and sho are still too soon but G is done so that's what I picked. Remake would be nice tho it would be bare bones giving the company.

ZakAttak18

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
I think ND and sho are still too soon but G is done so that's what I picked. Remake would be nice tho it would be bare bones giving the company.

Yeah Bones is also good
"When did I start waiting for my opponent to make the first move?"

-Chairman Netero

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 12:49:35 PM »
Hm.... them 30-40 year olds sure are many, ha ha

Though the survey was kinda weird with options like zeus chapter and 3rd LC season.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »
Hm.... them 30-40 year olds sure are many, ha ha

Though the survey was kinda weird with options like zeus chapter and 3rd LC season.

I don't know even if I am Hispanic, but I am rookie in the fandom I think Zeus chapter is another name for ND, then again probably I am so wrong.

After all, The survey itself wasnít endorsed by Toei Animation and was a fan-driven project, but itís interesting to gauge the interest of new Saint Seiya materials, it said in the  survey.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2016, 12:39:32 PM »
I don't know even if I am Hispanic, but I am rookie in the fandom I think Zeus chapter is another name for ND, then again probably I am so wrong.

After all, The survey itself wasnít endorsed by Toei Animation and was a fan-driven project, but itís interesting to gauge the interest of new Saint Seiya materials, it said in the  survey.

In that survey, the Zeus chapter was for Toei to make their own Zeus chapter instead of waiting for Kuru. He he
Having LC in there was just weird since TMS are  the ones that did the anime for it. 

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »
If they plan to release something this year....I think they would announce something in the next couple months

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2016, 08:38:56 AM »
Having LC in there was just weird since TMS are  the ones that did the anime for it.  

LC wasn't a direct option in the survey, it was something people voted for using the "other" option and, since it had a significant representation, the guys at Cavzodiaco chose to show it as one of the itens instead of clumping it together with other smaller votes as "something else".

Edit: I feel like there is something wrong with my grammar in the sentence above, but I'm not sure what.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
LC wasn't a direct option in the survey, it was something people voted for using the "other" option and, since it had a significant representation, the guys at Cavzodiaco chose to show it as one of the itens instead of clumping it together with other smaller votes as "something else".

Edit: I feel like there is something wrong with my grammar in the sentence above, but I'm not sure what.

Hm... i had to me it was, oh well

darkseiya

• Passionate youth
  • HERO DISTORTION
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34:45 PM »
I mean...essentially my first reaction is pure dread. I really would appreciate ND getting animated, considering it's one of the few pieces of modern SS media that I show even vague interest in, but, that being said, SoG having a second season wouldn't be so bad either. It'd be benevolent, at least, and I think a lot of gold saint fans would appreciate it, even if it's not something that would matter too much to me. I'm just hankering for a series that actually gives the audience what they want, rather than Toei making assumptions about what would sell based off rash executive decisions. *coughcoughomegacoughcough*

The results from that survey look more or less promising, it seems people definitely know what they want, but it'd take a fair amount of competent business decision-making from Toei to actually make something good happen, rather than mediocre franchise-milking. Omega in itself wasn't really even anything, it didn't do anything for the original story, and just sort of...existed. A continuation of that wouldn't make much sense. But considering ND and SoG actually add something special to the series, I'd love to see them expand more on it.

If anything, ND giving SS a solid conclusion rather than the trippy wishy-washy crap that Tenkai-hen gave us would be spectacular. Something solid and satisfying, a proper conclusion to a story that's lived on for decades, not this "uhh, well, here's a quick, thoughtless way to end the series, durr". Something that actually ties loose ends. Y'know, like not killing off your protagonist, maybe fulfilling the initial drive of the characters...instead of just steering off the rails into something completely irrelevant for the next 30 years. :kiki:

I have a personal wish that TMS would get full rights to SS, considering that they handled LC very well, and handled B't X almost perfectly. Toei seems a lot more lazy in recent years, and I'd hate for them to get everyone excited for something new, and just dish out half-brained garbage. On the other hand, if they actually let Kurumada take more control on the anime...that'd make things a lot more uplifting, considering he can handle the series better than Toei could ever hope to.

What Toei needs to realize is that trailing off into spontaneous, irrelevant shifts in plot, environment, and characterization is lazy, and thoughtless. They need to consider the original material more, and actually expand upon that, instead of asinine, starry-eyed fanfiction.

And while I fully admit being a bronze saint fanbrat, I don't mind the gold saints getting more attention in the series. People love them, so SoG was actually a fantastic decision, it did well, and people were happy. But they can't forget about the rest of what's going on- the series needs a proper ending. The end of Hades was too vague and disappointing, Tenkai-hen was trying to be original and ultimately ended up looking like an outright embarrassment, and I think ND is more than deserving of finally getting an adaptation. Being the delusional fanboy that I am, I can't accept that Seiya would be eternally out of action, LOL :seiya:

Well, whatever they do, I hope they're careful with it.
☩MY CORE IS CHAOS☩

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
If they plan to release something this year....I think they would announce something in the next couple months

Le't see what happen in June and of course with the hype low.

While in another comment. I was watching in you tube Universo Saint Seiya, really fans don't give up in that LC season 3. When they ask about it, the answer is that LC anime has to be popular in Japan.

Hitagi_Gahara

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Tonight we honor the Donut Rider!
    • View Profile
    • SKD Scans (English edition) - Tumblr
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
that interview by Universo SS is just click bait because they've been told (more than once) by Teshirogi on twitter that no plans for season 3 are in progress, and TMS told them at anime expo that they won't produce it unless they think it'll work in Japan (and frankly speaking, the anime didn't work in Japan) so I'd rather they do a remake or a ND anime for the anniversary... then again, Kurumada also promised something after he publishes volume 5 (?) of Otoko Zaka, so we'll have to wait till that "the art of ss" exhibit opens in June to get some news
SKD Scans の女神様~ :D
「アレス編」をサポートしないでください、そして
stop G:KND

Golden Sagittarius

• Silver Saint
  • Typical Sagittarius - adventurous horselover!
    • View Profile
    • Sagi's Kingdom of Imagination
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
This is very interesting. If this rumour is true, I'd really want to see ND or Episode G animated, or a remake of the classic series. Also,  LC would be awesome because I'd really want to see LC Rhadamanthys in action.  :rhady: I'm not too fond of Saintia Sho or Omega. But this is only my opinion, I'll be waiting for more news.
~HAREM: Apollo, Artemis, Charon~
~SHARED: Mu, Poseidon, Isaac, Aiolos, Shaka, Aphrodite, Milo, Shiryu~
~ADOPTED: Marin, Shunrei~

Pollux_Dioscuros

• Passionate youth
  • May the Goddess Nike Crowns You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 09:16:24 AM »
Hi:

I'm Pollux Dioscuros, long time Saint Seiya fan from Mexico City. Actually I'm part of the El Universo Saint Seiya PodCast staff and I can tell you the No-News given by TLC, was as someone wrote before, not in the middle of a Conference, but as a reply to a direct question given to him. This guy lives in Japan and is part of a movement known as "I am Lost Canvas" which has not only contacted, once and again, TMS, but also has delivered, directly in Toei Animation, letters to Masami Kurumada, asking him to help to make true the third season for Lost Canvas.

The note was given just as a matter of informing what has been repeated in different media outlets for Saint Seiya news, with the proper credit to the origin of this note. It's completely clear to us that, unless it comes from an insider, everything is, mostly, a rumor.

Greetings!

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2016, 07:52:42 AM »
We're halfway through June...i would have figured we would have gotten some info by now.