Author Topic: Super Hero Movie Suggestions  (Read 1549 times)

SageofTime

Super Hero Movie Suggestions
« on: November 25, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »
I have shown an interest in superhero movies and I was wondering if anybody had any good suggestions to watch. My favorite superhero is Batman so I have seen the Tim Burton movies and the Dark Knight I plan to watch the Dark Knight Rises. I also like Iron Man I have seen the first one and plan to see the other ones. Captain America: Civil War looks good so I am currently watching the Winter Solider.

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero Movie Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
I have shown an interest in superhero movies and I was wondering if anybody had any good suggestions to watch. My favorite superhero is Batman so I have seen the Tim Burton movies and the Dark Knight I plan to watch the Dark Knight Rises. I also like Iron Man I have seen the first one and plan to see the other ones. Captain America: Civil War looks good so I am currently watching the Winter Solider.
Rises is the weaker movie in the Dark Knight Trilogy, I'd say you should watch Begins.
The Incredibles is a must see. Really good.
The Lego Movie is also a must. I guess it classifies as super hero movie, sice it has Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, TMNT and more in it.
Megamind. Quite good, made me laught a lot.
From the X-Men, watch the first, the second, First Class and Days of Future Past.
IMO the Hellboy movies are worth checking out.
The second Hulk movie is quite good; the first one is more artistic, I liked it, but this is not a popular opinion.

There is probably more, but these are the ones I can remember now.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:22:57 AM by Rask »

SageofTime

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »
Rises is the weaker movie in the Dark Knight Trilogy, I'd say you should watch Begins.
The Incredibles is a must see. Really good.
The Lego Movie is also a must. I guess it classifies as super hero movie, sice it has Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, TMNT and more in it.
Megamind. Quite good, made me laught a lot.
From the X-Men, watch the first, the second, First Class and Days of Future Past.
IMO the Hellboy movies are worth checking out.
The second Hulk movie is quite good; the first one is more artistic, I liked it, but this is not a popular opinion.

There is probably more, but there are the ones I can remember now.

On the list I have seen the Incredibles and the Lego Movie, I will check out the others on list. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 11:10:30 AM »
1. Spider-Man (1-2) avoid 3...

2. Iron Man (1-2) 3...not so much but you might like it Forgot you mentioned it already.

3. Avengers : Age of Ultron  ( must see)

4. Thor

5. Thor: The Dark World

6. Ant-Man

7. Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Blade (1-3)

9. Kick-Ass

10. Watchmen

11.  I know the trilogy of Batman was mentioned before but I totally believe you will love The Dark Knight  the most)

12. Hancock

13. Fantastic 4

14. Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I think that is all...

SageofTime

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:23:32 PM »
1. Spider-Man (1-2) avoid 3...

2. Iron Man (1-2) 3...not so much but you might like it Forgot you mentioned it already.

3. Avengers : Age of Ultron  ( must see)

4. Thor

5. Thor: The Dark World

6. Ant-Man

7. Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Blade (1-3)

9. Kick-Ass

10. Watchmen

11.  I know the trilogy of Batman was mentioned before but I totally believe you will love The Dark Knight  the most)

12. Hancock

13. Fantastic 4

I think that is all...
I think I have seen the first two spidermans but it has been awhile since I saw them and I saw Guardians of the Galaxy and I liked that a lot it was hilarious. I will check the other ones out. Thanks for the Suggestions :)

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
No offence, but
13. Fantastic 4

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
Come on, they weren't that bad...the new one is but not the "old" ones.

You mentioned the X-Men movies which they were shit...the only X-Men movie worth watching is First Class and nothing else.

SageofTime

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »
Come on, they weren't that bad...the new one is but not the "old" ones.

You mentioned the X-Men movies which they were shit...the only X-Men movie worth watching is First Class and nothing else.
Oh I remember the first Fantastic Four but it has been awhile since I seen it. But yeah looking at the box office the new one bombed big time. Maybe 20th Century Fox should stay away from Marvel stuff. I also remember the Hugh Jackman x-men movies but I have only seen the earlier ones and that was a long time ago as well.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »
Oh I remember the first Fantastic Four but it has been awhile since I seen it. But yeah looking at the box office the new one bombed big time. Maybe 20th Century Fox should stay away from Marvel stuff. I also remember the Hugh Jackman x-men movies but I have only seen the earlier ones and that was a long time ago as well.

Unfortunately Fox has the rights for X-Men and F4 movies. Marvel is trying to get them back by doing something smart but at the same time extreme for some characters. They killed Wolverine (oh and Deadpool) in the comic book series because he is a character that Fox has abused so much, and F4 don't have their own series anymore. They appear as supportive characters.

Hugh Jackman really wants to make a movie with the Avengers but that's not going to happen as long as Fox doesn't give the rights.

SageofTime

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
(oh and Deadpool).
Oh speaking of Deadpool what do you think of the movie with Ryan Renolds? I heard the that his last superhero movie I think was the Green Lantern didn't do so well. This movie looks funny but I will wait for the reviews to come out before I see it.

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 08:29:48 AM »
Oh speaking of Deadpool what do you think of the movie with Ryan Renolds? I heard the that his last superhero movie I think was the Green Lantern didn't do so well. This movie looks funny but I will wait for the reviews to come out before I see it.
The Deadpool movie looks promising, I hope it won't disapont.
The GL movie was a mess. It didn't have a focus, so it tried to establish an universe, an origin story, a big vilain, a sequel, tried to sell to both children and teen and young adults. Succeeded at nothing.

Maybe 20th Century Fox should stay away from Marvel stuff. I also remember the Hugh Jackman x-men movies but I have only seen the earlier ones and that was a long time ago as well.
Fox should make a deal with Marvel about the F4 the same way Sony did with Spider-man, so they keep the rights, but the heroes become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They would be 1000x more sellable that way.
The X-Men, however, are doing great with their own universe (despite the shitty Wolverine movies). And, to be honest, the X-Men characters don't really make sense with the rest of the Marvel Universe even in the comics.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 11:40:17 PM »

Green Lantern was all over the place that's why it didn't go well. As for Deadpool it does look good and there will be good laughs I hope. He is practically a comedian. Probably the best Anti-hero in the Marvel Universe.

Fox should make a deal with Marvel about the F4 the same way Sony did with Spider-man, so they keep the rights, but the heroes become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They would be 1000x more sellable that way.
The X-Men, however, are doing great with their own universe (despite the shitty Wolverine movies). And, to be honest, the X-Men characters don't really make sense with the rest of the Marvel Universe even in the comics.

It's true, X-Men look like they don't belong in the same Universe with the rest of the Marvel but, they did have their moments, mostly with the Avengers (QS,SW, Wolverine). I do like X-Men tho and Fox is not doing a very good job with them...like I said "First Class" the only worth watching. The others are just poorly executed. I had high expectations from "The Last Stand" when I heard about that the Phoenix Force would be involved. Shame...I do hope that Apocalypse won't flop but we just wait and see I suppose.

The Amazing Spider-Man movies were not good in my opinion. Andrew Garfield was the wrong person to take that role. Every joke line seemed forced. Didn't feel like he was feeling it  not did he feel like Petey should be. Maybe that's why they are switching him for the Civil War? or could be that he only had a contract for 2 movies. Don't know much about it.