Author Topic: I think there's something wrong with the homepage...  (Read 5383 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
I think there's something wrong with the homepage...
« on: October 29, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »
When I go to the main site homepage (www.saintseiyafan.com), it's saying something about a Liu Octavio and his designs.  It also looks complete different.  Was the site hacked?  Did someone not pay the bills?

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
Re: I think there's something wrong with the homepage...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 01:36:34 AM »
I have the same problem. So I am reaching the message boards trough the saved adress in my browser.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:07:45 AM »
Bwa ha ha, no that's just Newborn the admin messing around. :)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Asra of Cancer

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »
Well I Don't like it. It scared the heck out of me, I thought something bad had happen to the site!
"Have you ever felt the felt the true power of the Cosmos?"

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 03:06:33 AM »
What the........

Direct link, or through search engine is the same.

Bwa ha ha, no that's just Newborn the admin messing around. :)

Is he ? Is it some kind of Halloween prank... ?

Are those the new Bronze Five (without Golden Ikki) : http://fezoctavio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/fnaf-japanese-mockup.jpg
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:46 AM »
Well, frankly, that work with typography and those logos aren't much good.
It hurts me as a pro designer, more so, when it completely obscured my favorite webpage.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
So many harsh comments...as long as the forum stays I don't see the problem. It's not like the homepage was getting any updates.

Are those the new Bronze Five (without Golden Ikki) : http://fezoctavio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/fnaf-japanese-mockup.jpg

Those are characters from Five Nights at Freddy's.

SageofTime

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 12:24:32 AM »
I saw the same thing when I went to the homepage.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 03:35:52 AM »
@ Niello :

I know, that's why I hinted that Ikki would be Golden Freddy  :ikki:
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »
I... am... so... sorry....
T_T

i'm trying to have this problem resolved with the hosting company.
so far i have done everything in my power to redirect SSF to the right homepage, but it just won't do it.(heck i was thinking for a long time to just scratch the front page due to no updates)

Im just trying to get more clientele flow with my freelance graphic design work.
bear with me while this is fixed.
It hurts me as a pro designer, more so, when it completely obscured my favorite webpage.

YES, I admit my typography skill is very lacking. Since i never even touched the subject up until a few months ago.
So i focus mostly on the illustrative part of the business.
however here in vegas there is high demand for quickly done graphics, and if it's something i'm not good at i'll charge dirt cheap.

i'm not offended by your criticism, but rather it reminds me to get my butt in gear.
spoiler tag code
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
I... am... so... sorry....
T_T

i'm trying to have this problem resolved with the hosting company.
so far i have done everything in my power to redirect SSF to the right homepage, but it just won't do it.(heck i was thinking for a long time to just scratch the front page due to no updates)

Im just trying to get more clientele flow with my freelance graphic design work.
bear with me while this is fixed.
YES, I admit my typography skill is very lacking. Since i never even touched the subject up until a few months ago.
So i focus mostly on the illustrative part of the business.
however here in vegas there is high demand for quickly done graphics, and if it's something i'm not good at i'll charge dirt cheap.

i'm not offended by your criticism, but rather it reminds me to get my butt in gear.

Oh, so it is you Newborn! Well, it wasn't meant harshly, just a statement.
The illustrations are good tough.
It is good to know that it isn't some hijack type of thing, muhahaha :D

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »
Glad to hear the website hasn't been compromised; just that the host company needs to get their butt in gear.

Good luck with the business stuff, Newborn.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 08:50:48 PM »

Why not give him some advices then? :P

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 02:34:57 AM »
Why not give him some advices then? :P

Well, I can if he wants, tough it's not something to be explained in few sentences or over a week.
It takes time, training and studying, which you have to do on your own, but in nutshell, typography really is just about geometry and has it's set of rules.
Once you get the hang of them, you can add your creativity. Problem with most people these days, when you can just hook up on the PC and go all with design,
is that lot of people is creative, but lack the knowledge. Later, you can experiment with sets of typos.

It's just that thanks to a competitive market in this expertise, lot of people without the skills are creating a bubble of quantity over quality and even their pricing is lesser.
Which makes the gap of visually illiterate customers and decrease of their trust in designers a tad bigger. Thus most designers being even bigger and meaner snobs.

But well, if Newborn wants, I can give him definitely some basic nods trough a message and some deconstructive commentary about the logos.
I remember being given advices about music from other musicians out there and keep this knowledge as a sacred treasure.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »
Well, I can if he wants, tough it's not something to be explained in few sentences or over a week.
It takes time, training and studying, which you have to do on your own, but in nutshell, typography really is just about geometry and has it's set of rules.
Once you get the hang of them, you can add your creativity. Problem with most people these days, when you can just hook up on the PC and go all with design,
is that lot of people is creative, but lack the knowledge. Later, you can experiment with sets of typos.

It's just that thanks to a competitive market in this expertise, lot of people without the skills are creating a bubble of quantity over quality and even their pricing is lesser.
Which makes the gap of visually illiterate customers and decrease of their trust in designers a tad bigger. Thus most designers being even bigger and meaner snobs.

But well, if Newborn wants, I can give him definitely some basic nods trough a message and some deconstructive commentary about the logos.
I remember being given advices about music from other musicians out there and keep this knowledge as a sacred treasure.

If you do, please do that here on this thread, I would love to read more about it :D