Author Topic: Saint Seiya A Multiverse Fiction?  (Read 1230 times)

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Saint Seiya A Multiverse Fiction?
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:24:41 AM »
At first I thought Saint Seiya consisted of one universe and one world, while this might be true in one incarnation of Saint Seiya it might be debatable in another. So to answer my question. Answer by using two Scenarios:

A. Considering all incarnations of SS (Original, Episode G, Lost Canvas, Omega, Movies, Novel, ...etc).
B. Consider the canon only.

A
In my humble opinion, I think SS is a multi-verse fiction, I mean the fiction does include multiple universes. Why is that? if we go by Hypermyth, if I am not mistaken, it was Chronos who triggered the Big Bang creating the Universe, but we all know before the Big Bang, Chronos was there and probably the other Titans also existed (His elder brothers and parents e.g Uranus, Gaia, ...etc). So the current observable universe was only part or sub universe of the pre-universe existing world. In Saint Seiya Omega, it was Abzu who created the universe, again the same should apply, or not?

While in Episode G it's clear there are multiple universes, first the current Universe they are fighting in, the other universe which was created by Iapetus when he was fighting Aiolia! Also the universe they were living pre Titanomachia. Also IIRC, the second round of fights took place in Tartarus or the Titans world which is different as well, but we can debate it's only a dimension not a universe.

B
Hades realm consisted of countless stars, dimensions, galaxies, shouldn't it be considered a universe by itself? When he died Hades' realm was breaking apart, that would only happen if Hades was maintaining all those stars and dimensions. If I am not mistaken, in one of SS Manga translation (I don't remember which) it was stated that Elysion itself is bigger than the universe. Also what was the world called before the existence of the current universe? Zeus took over heavens, Poseidon over the seas, while Hades over the underworld. Now that happened after the creation of the universe, but where were they before? another world should have been existing, no one can claim Zeus or Hades, ...etc came to existence out of nowhere.

To me I am leaning toward that Saint Seiya is a multi-verse fiction, what's your opinion?

C. Bonus Question: If the above was true? why Hades aim was only the earth? why if his death caused a collapse in the underworld, is having difficulties to destroy earth by a thought?

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya A Multiverse Fiction?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:42:29 AM »
Oh... ok, that's interesting and I'd like to add my opinion, but I warn you that I haven't read all StS manga nor watched all anime (die-hard original anime/manga fan here).

So for the scenario A, I have nothing to add (and your explanation sounds good) as I haven't read Episode G (nor watched Omega...).

But for scenario B (and point C) :

I think the story takes place in one universe in which Zeus, Poseidon and Hades each took something to rule over. I agree that they did not come out of nowhere, but we don't have anything about that mentioned in the manga, so it's up to us to think what we want.
As for Elysion being bigger than the universe, I don't remember reading that in the manga (French translation). As for its collapse after Hades' death, maybe (that's an hypothesis) Hades made it possible to have a world like the one of the living in the underworld (a realm for the soul, basically non-physical beings), but it was sustained by the power of his cosmo so when he died (his cosmo was erased) it collapsed... ?? Thus Elysion disappeared but not the underworld ?? (I'm not convinced, but logically, the souls of dead people have to go somewhere, or else that would mean they would forever haunt the Earth...)
And yes, I consider the underworld (afterlife or the realm beyond) to be part of the universe (on the non-physical side).
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya A Multiverse Fiction?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:55:01 AM »
Thank you so much Hallwill for your input.

Any other thoughts?