Author Topic: SOG Ep 13! "Let Our Wishes Be Reached! Forever Gold Legend!!"  (Read 5928 times)

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: SOG Ep 13! "Let Our Wishes Be Reached! Forever Gold Legend!!"
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
I wish they put Zodiac Clamation as the final blow to finish Loki.

If they do that, Regulus will become a god.

Capricorn-said

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »
Were did the gold saints after they died? Does the concept of an afterlife exist in saint seiya?

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 01:33:04 PM »
There are a few nice interactions between the gold saints in this final episode. Now that it has ended, I think that out of the gold saints the interactions between Saga and Aioros, and DM and Aphrodite were handled the best. Those are relatively satisfying.

Now on to the criticism...
The ending is extremely cliche, as expected, that's about it. But really, the way they chose to make everything the gold saints do sequential was just cringeworthy to me. Like...Burn! My cosmo!...but because they want to make each of them unique they cycled through all 12 one by one with different wordings, same go for the countless cheesy speeches, and attacks (but in pairs), and reactions...so on so forth. It's such an uninspiring and awkward way to do it. This was already noticeable in the original and Omega with 5 and 6 people, but this is 12...

I'm glad they give the gold saints some spot lights again, even if it's to sell the figures. The show itself is...not a train wreck (thank goodness) but it is poorly made and uninspired.

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »
honestly the episode was awesome and made me

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lyfia should have had a little baby from Aiolia.

BTW why was Hylda so useless? does she have some actual power?

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
honestly the episode was awesome and made me

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lyfia should have had a little baby from Aiolia.

I am agreed with that.

By the way anyone knows where were the blade kill gods?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »
Final episode was ok, little excited to see the combo I wanted to see, Aiorios & Saga and a few others, the cheesy lines and scenes of the original series took me back in time however, still not happy with the animation but whatever. Also things just don't up with Elysion...at all not even with Poseidon's appearance.
Last but not least, I hated the part where the people and the land of Asgard lent Cosmo to Aioria...made absolutely no sense.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 03:08:25 AM »
The end, and no surprise at all.

On the whole, the series was not so bad, at least I could watch more than 5 episodes (unlike Omega), but I don't think I'll indulge in re-watching it.

Yes SOG have many bad things, but I believe it is not a full of disappointment, the series was good, but it could be better. For the old fans, very old fans like myself of SS we never will come back to that golden age.

Golden age indeed !

Last but not least, I hated the part where the people and the land of Asgard lent Cosmo to Aioria...made absolutely no sense.

I agree. They might have wanted to echo the end of the Hades Arc when Seiya is "powered up" against Hades by the Saints in Sanctuary and his sister. But they all know Seiya, unlike the Asgardian who might have had a glimpse of Aiolia walking by with Lyfia...

There are a few nice interactions between the gold saints in this final episode. Now that it has ended, I think that out of the gold saints the interactions between Saga and Aioros, and DM and Aphrodite were handled the best. Those are relatively satisfying.

I think that was actually the best parts  :saga-robe: :aioros:  :aphrodite2: :deathmask:

There is no announcement for a new series, and we all know we'll get 5 chapters of Next Dimension  then we'll have to wait 2 years for another 5.

So sad to say, but Soul Of Gold, its really ugly animation, and lazy writing really shows that Saint Seiya just isnt as popular anymore.  I don't think we will ever see the ending of ND or a new proper and epic anime.

At this rate ND will never end. If it was handled properly, it could have become the new StS anime series.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 03:14:09 AM »
I'm still confused with why they went with Aiolos' old voice actor instead of getting a new one :/
The man is 67 years old, and the voice doesn't fit Aiolos a single bit xD

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 03:39:18 AM »
Aiolos has always had that deep voice since the beginning... No point in changing now...

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »
DM and Aphrodite were handled the best. Those are relatively satisfying.

sekishiki meikai demon roses for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTPRY3RsgA

I'm still confused with why they went with Aiolos' old voice actor instead of getting a new one :/

I think it must be in order to preserve the original saint seiya character, they must have had a lot of complains with Omega innovations (bad ideas)...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »
The man is 67 years old, and the voice doesn't fit Aiolos a single bit xD

Well there are still seiyuu out there that still retain the same voice back when they were just rookies but yes at least they could hire someone with the same voice of the original Aioros and not the same person if they are still not up to it. It's wrong no matter how many times I hear him.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »
Aiolos has always had that deep voice since the beginning... No point in changing now...

Which is odd given Aiolos was 14 when he died. Then again, the anime always made him look ridiculously old at the time, whereas in the manga, he looked around the Bronzes' age.

Still, that was a fairly good ending all things considered. Ended on a higher note than I expected. Dunno how all of Soul of Gold happened between the Wall of Lamentations exploding and the Poseidon sending the Gold Cloths to Elyseum though...

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »
Talking about old Aiolos voice?  I don't know , it looks like in the future we will have a new voice for him if  we count the seiyuu from Saintia sho CD drama

Shekiee

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »
Talking about old Aiolos voice?  I don't know , it looks like in the future we will have a new voice for him if  we count the seiyuu from Saintia sho CD drama

Good. I was happy when I found out that Saints would be voiced by same actors as they did before apart from Aoilos. It's not even that his voice is bad or something, it's just that it completely doesn't fit his character. It wasn't as bad in Hades since he had like two voice lines and his voice didn't feel as old, but it really felt weird in SoG.

Still, that was a fairly good ending all things considered. Ended on a higher note than I expected. Dunno how all of Soul of Gold happened between the Wall of Lamentations exploding and the Poseidon sending the Gold Cloths to Elyseum though...

The action in SoG felt like couple days, whereas the action between destroying of Wailing Wall to cloths being send to Elysium felt like couple hours. Just looking when the cloths of deat GS left 12 temples to when Seika recovers her memories of Seiya, it had to be matter of at most 5-6 hours (and that's stretching it) considering how solar eclipse progressed. Even if we would consider that the Great Eclipse would take more time, I doubt bronze saints, Shaina, Marin and Seika would just stand in once spot for more time. The action of SoG definitely take place over at least 2 days, so there is kind of conflict here. I was honestly thinking they would go with the timeline from when the Gold Cloths were destroyed to before Athena and Fab5 would come back on Earth.

Also why was it Pegasus Cloth that turned into God Cloth for Seiya if the last cloth he wore was Sagittarius Gold Cloth which also could turn into God Cloth (I mean it happened for obvious reason, but ye..).

As for ending, kind of expected. Athena appearing was obvious, although I didn't expect her blood being send to Goldies. I have to agree that the speaches were kind of cliche and didn't go well with the flow, I mean sure that has always been how fights looked like in SS but I wish for the one time we got to see 12 gold saints fight somebody we would have something different, the combining of techniques was nice I wish they would just expand on that more.

BTW why was Hylda so useless? does she have some actual power?
Wasn't that because she was ill? As far as I understood it was also the reason why Lyfia became Odin representative instead of Hilda.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 03:23:05 PM »
Yeah, Aioros voice doesn't fit the character at all, but I think it became a bit tolerable after getting use to it.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it and it might be just me but it's something I felt since the beginning, that is Saga sounds different, maybe Okiayu Ryoutarou forgot how he used to voice Saga...or maybe it's because of the sound director :/

sekishiki meikai demon roses for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSTPRY3RsgA

Yes, the combined technique that didn't make any sense xD My favourite of the pair this episode is definitely Aphrodite making a disapproval look and then dragging DM out saying we must exit gracefully, lol.