Author Topic: SOG Ep 10! "Fierce Battle! Aiolia vs Andreas!!"  (Read 6008 times)

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
SOG Ep 10! "Fierce Battle! Aiolia vs Andreas!!"
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: SOG Ep 10! "Fierce Battle! Aiolia vs Andreas!!"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »
[spoiler]Clash ! Aioria vs Andreas!
In the words of Lyfia in his heart finally  Aioria confronts a Andreas .Andreas tells Aioria who played Lyfia life as if it were a puppet and taunts.
Full of anger Aioria start your cosmos to awaken the god cloth!. To end the violent Battle of Asgard, Aioria launches Lightning plasma!
Meanwhile, Frody is exceeded by the mighty sword of Utgard, assuming a defensive position. Yet in the midst of a dilemma, Frody reprises his decision to protect Asgard and preserve the voice of their land as Lifia said.

[/spoiler]

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »
Next GW to die is Frodi.

Reviewers: If the Athena's Exclamation is done like in Omega will be the stupidest thing in SOG.

TwilightBlader

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 09:06:18 PM »
I feel Sigmund is going to try something and die. Usually the guys left alive sacrifice themselves regardless.

Also if you disregard the rubble moment the Omega Athena Exclamation was one of my favourite Saint Seiya moments....though in such a short series like this I don't think it would work for SoG so I really doubt it would end up like Omega's
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:01:00 PM by TwilightBlader »

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 09:05:27 AM »
First time I saw Shaka that weak and what do you think about Athena's Exclamation, looks like they  mess up?

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
The episode's great, loved the attacks one after another!

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »
 :dohko2: and  :shion-gold: forever bros.

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
:dohko2: and  :shion-gold: forever bros.

the feels!!! now why can't I have that with  :milo: and  :camus: boohoo

Well last night was probably the first time I didn’t stay up to catch the episode since this series started…guess my interest waned since apparently only the strongest GS are showcased while the others are just waiting in the wings to appear in perhaps a mere 5 seconds final showdown :/ But actually this ep does not disappoint cos for the first time we see the GS not just working as a group but interacting LIKE TRUE FRIENDS (or the closest as they can get). Mostly thanks to Dohko's antics...ruffling Aiolia's hair one minute and calling Shaka idiot the next (priceless), not to mention seeing his late best friend in his disciple. I'd love to see Saga apologizing to Aiolia but maybe that will come later, right now just satisfied to see him all protective and big brotherly toward him.

Utgard seems to be a complete plot waste though. They could have made him Kanon and that would have spiced things up more. Still don’t understand what Aiolos is doing to Andreas’ left eye and why his helmet is missing from his cloth. I am sure the rest of the GS will be revived in the episode after the next if not the next. Hopefully it’s not just “Wailing Wall Part 2″ with everybody yelling and dying at the same time and we’ll see them interacting like true friends as in this episode.

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 08:28:40 AM »

Someone kicks Saga ass.

artsu

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 08:36:56 PM »
I am kind of disappointed with this episode (I know it could never be on a par with LS).

The way they treated  Shaka :shaka: could have been better to make it more fascinating, even though he would lose, there could be a bit more resistance and counterattack or so to make the fight scenes look better. The same applies to Saga, as SOG repeatedly said he IS the strongest GS, and Shaka as the GS closest  to God, but in this episode, none of these traits prevailed. Galaxian Explosion at less than one-tenth of its power was enough to destroy a large part of a castle (in previous episode), and yet here it looks like nothing, I mean the producers' logics is just......impenetrable.

In Poseidon's chapter, Hyoga who wore the Aquarius cloth, could at least resist Poseidon's attack for a while, that means GS could indeed fight with a God to a certain degree. See this:

Hyoga - Poseidon (starting 13min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5EtW1xzwVo

The way they portrayed Loki's power seems a bit over, so to SOG's logics, Loki is much stronger than Poseidon.

I guess the plot would go better, if at the time Loki was fighting with the 3 GS (saga, dokho, mu), there could be more hard time for Loki, and while he was breaking Tenbu Horin, Shaka could have used the protection shield to resist his attack for a while, or use Tenma Kofuku to fight back somehow, then he might end up losing the fight due to that curse thing, the fight would look better and reasonable.

I wished they would have cut that battle time between Frodi and Utgard and extend the GS's fight with Andreas and Loki in this episode, it now ended up like they were rushing and wanted to wrap it up quickly to make a clear cut for the rest 3 episodes. Things seem like running a repeat of Omega's final chapters, it reminds me the chapter where Shiryu, Fudo, Kiki were fighting with Hyperion (the fight was outright ridiculous), and Loki is just a different version of Saturn.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:17:15 AM by artsu »

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 10:26:47 PM »
I am kind of disappointed with this episode (I know it could never be on a par with LS).

The way they treated  Shaka :shaka: could have been better to make it more fascinating, even though he would lose, there could be a bit more resistance and counterattack or so to make the fight scenes look better. The same applies to Saga, as SOG repeatedly said he IS the strongest GS, and Shaka as the GS closest  to God, but in this episode, none of these traits prevailed. Galaxian Explosion at less than one-tenth of its power was enough to destroy a large part of a castle (in previous episode), and yet here it looks like nothing, I mean the producers' logics is just......impenetrable.

In Poseidon's chapter, Hyoga who wore the Aquarius cloth, could at least resist Poseidon's attack for a while, that means GS could indeed fight with a God to a certain degree. See this:

Hyoga - Poseidon (starting 13min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5EtW1xzwVo

The way they portrayed Loki's power seems a bit over, so to SOG's logics, Loki is much stronger than Poseidon.

I guess the plot would go better, if at the time Loki was fighting with the 3 GS (saga, dokho, mu), there could be more hard time for Loki, and while he was breaking Tenbu Horin, Shaka could have used the protection shield to resist his attack for a while, or use Tenma Kofuku to fight back somehow, then he might end up losing the fight due to that curse thing, the fight would look better and reasonable.

I wished they would have cut that battle time between Frodi and Utgard and extend the GS's fight with Andreas and Loki in this episode, it now ended up like they were rushing and wanted to wrapped it up quickly to make a clear cut for the rest 3 episodes. Now things seem running like a repeat of Omega's final chapters, it reminds me the chapter where Shiryu, Fudo, Kiki were fighting with Hyperion (the fight was outright ridiculous), and Loki is just a different version of Saturn.

I like the episode is one best of all SOG, but I am agree with some of your points  like how  they treated Saga and Shaka or AE. But lets think a bit, for example Lost Canvas  in the anime episode 26  how was the battle between Shion and Dohko and because the barrier, compare the bronze Saints VS Poseidon  they were at full  power, they were tired, but they didn't have limits like the GS. Then again Next Dimension how Hades' Cosmos treated Dohko. Still we could be a little disappointed , but think let's think again  AE SoG vs AE Omega against a god vs an overpower character and because he has to be alive, reason? the MC in Omega.

Here two questions:

Do we have see the GS  in a serious fight against a god in canon?

Lost Canvas, Omega, SOG could be a fine example how the GS fight against a god?  

artsu

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 11:17:56 PM »
I like the episode is one best of all SOG, but I am agree with some of your points  like how  they treated Saga and Shaka or AE. But lets think a bit, for example Lost Canvas  in the anime episode 26  how was the battle between Shion and Dohko and because the barrier, compare the bronze Saints VS Poseidon  they were at full  power, they were tired, but they didn't have limits like the GS. Then again Next Dimension how Hades' Cosmos treated Dohko. Still we could be a little disappointed , but think let's think again  AE SoG vs AE Omega against a god vs an overpower character and because he has to be alive, reason? the MC in Omega.

Here two questions:

Do we have see the GS  in a serious fight against a god in canon?

Lost Canvas, Omega, SOG could be a fine example how the GS fight against a god? 

It's true that the episode was good compared to other episodes in SOG, thus far I think 4, 8 are the best imho, this one should be right behind, ep.1 was also nice. Over all it is better than Omega, but far from anywhere near LS or the original. (probably because it's not bloody or violent enough  ;D)

The closest 'fight' with a god in the original I think it was just Shaka about to release Tenma Kofuku towards Hades, and Hades appeared as if he's scared, that's it. Kurumada sensei seems to have avoid any fights between GS with gods in the original series, might be he was aware that it's a difficult thing to plan or work out?

SOG is just a cartoon to sell figures, at the end of the day, it's better than nothing to watch.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 03:39:34 PM »
I think we got, quite interesting scenes here. Finally seeing the GS work together as brothers, like Kurumada represent them before the Sanctuary Arc... and the battle between Silver and Bronze... it was rather nice to see them interact in a such a way, when they don't fight among themselves...

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:37 AM »
when the bronze saints fought against Poseidon, he wasn't fully awakened though.... they kept on saying that poseidon was resurrected too early, and that his manifestation was due in 200 years or so.

I think the gold saints are not as strong as the Faboulous 5 - the producer gave them temporary God cloth and their abilities are visibly impaired due to their new bodies, they can't do anything and they will fall exhausted.

So it's not Loki t be stronger than poseidon, it's this reincarnation of the Gold saints that makes their power tricky - indeed how peculiar that they are fighting against a Trickster God
First time I saw Shaka that weak and what do you think about Athena's Exclamation, looks like they  mess up?
it was to weak, a normal athena exclamation has the strenght of the big bang, so it should at least do some damage. And with the God clothes.....

artsu

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
when the bronze saints fought against Poseidon, he wasn't fully awakened though.... they kept on saying that poseidon was resurrected too early, and that his manifestation was due in 200 years or so.

Poseidon was fully awakened at that time while he was attacking Hyoga, he was awakened after the arrow succeeded to hit his head, that scene was after the arrow shot. It is true that Hyoga's ability at that time might be higher than Camus or a general GS, but I guess it would be a slight difference.

One thing that really makes me disappointing is that the GS are wearing God cloth, which is supposed to resemble the power of a God to certain extend, here in this fight, it simply looked silly. Well, anyhow, this animation just wouldn't consider the HP level logic behind things at all, just like Omega.

Toei really failed to impress old fans again, I mean if they are looking forward to earn serious money from 30+ seiya fans, then they should produce some heated fight scenes (with nice drawings) instead of those we saw in SOG. Notably, not only Saint Seiya is suffering from bad production issues, Dragon Ball fans are also complaining about DB Super (another Toei production), the shoddy drawings as well as stupid fight scenes are making fans mad too.

Dragon Ball Super Looks Super Crappy
http://kotaku.com/dragon-ball-super-looks-super-crappy-1723059211

What happen to this leading company of animation? I have read that some senior producers are saying animation production is receding in Japan, it seems it really is. Hideaki Anno (庵野 秀明), producer of Neon Genesis Evangelion, thinks the industry is about to die out.

Anime Will Die Within Next Two Decades
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/55317/20150526/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-thinks-anime-will-die-within-next-two-decades.htm