Author Topic: If Greece is on sale  (Read 1809 times)

Saga235

• Bronze Saint
  • Athena's Sanctuary Forever
    • View Profile
If Greece is on sale
« on: July 08, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Greece financial crisis.  If the Parthenon is on sale, imagine all the SS fans trying to buy it with kickstarter.. hahahahaha.....

From WSJ.

"Even while international investors shun Greek stocks and bonds, there are a smattering of Greek assets still drawing interest: vacation properties on the island of Mykonos.

At this point, itís only interest. The escalation of the Greek debt crisis in the past week has drawn a rush of bargain hunters to the sunny playground of the global elite and A-list celebrities, but sales have largely dried up amid the increased uncertainty about the countryís future, local estate agents say."

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: If Greece is on sale
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »
I've been considering buying Greece, bulldozing it, and turning it into a mini-mart.

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »
it is a horrific scenario that capitalism would go this far by having to sell a nation to a corporation. I am horrified by the idea and by the scale of values and priorities in our society.

Thrudgelmir2333

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »
I've been considering buying Greece, bulldozing it, and turning it into a mini-mart.

If things in Greece are bad enough that you can buy it off, chances are your new mini-mart chain make it out there.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »
Thank Zeus I visited Athens before all this Euro mess. I remember the time hearing about the Euro Union. I never liked the idea and now here we are.

The main problem for Greece is they didn't evolve their economy. You want jobs you need production. They used to built ships and all types of stuff there. Now it's gone.

Even if they do get a bail out, without  a real solution, few years down the line it will happen again.

If there was no ripple effect, I would want out of EU... But, that's not the world we're living in... :(