Author Topic: SOG Ep 8! "Baldur! Man Chosen by God!!"  (Read 7161 times)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: SOG Ep 8! "Baldur! Man Chosen by God!!"
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 04:28:16 AM »
I am just disappointed how Deathmask and Aldebaran had to go once again too soon meanwhile Shaka as usual moves on...again favoritism over Shaka. Also they should stop calling him The Man Closest to God, Aioria, Mu, Milo, Dohko and the L5 also achieved 8th Sense.

I keep telling people that TOEI OPs Shaka and Ikki but no...

I find it funny that only Shaka advanced (as of now).

Deathmask exhausted? really? that fight didn't take that long...

I am also disappointed at Aioros' old man's voice...like really?

And why Baldr/Balder/Baldur? why do they keep giving characters God names? when they can use the actual Gods later.

Last but not least, is it possible that Lyfia is possessed by Loki or is it Loki himself (sounds good since he is the trickster)? the prior works better since she was out for a bit but meh...could work bothways. Of course like someone said before could be Hel and Andreas does look possessed to me for some reason and once again could be Loki.

Could be anyone at this point.

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 09:19:56 AM »
I am just disappointed how Deathmask and Aldebaran had to go once again too soon meanwhile Shaka as usual moves on...again favoritism over Shaka. Also they should stop calling him The Man Closest to God, Aioria, Mu, Milo, Dohko and the L5 also achieved 8th Sense.

I keep telling people that TOEI OPs Shaka and Ikki but no...

I find it funny that only Shaka advanced (as of now).

Deathmask exhausted? really? that fight didn't take that long...

I am also disappointed at Aioros' old man's voice...like really?

And why Baldr/Balder/Baldur? why do they keep giving characters God names? when they can use the actual Gods later.

Last but not least, is it possible that Lyfia is possessed by Loki or is it Loki himself (sounds good since he is the trickster)? the prior works better since she was out for a bit but meh...could work bothways. Of course like someone said before could be Hel and Andreas does look possessed to me for some reason and once again could be Loki.

Could be anyone at this point.

I do not know about that Seiya I still think that Saga and Ikki are the Ops.  Saga because already gave him the title of the GS most powerful and even Saintia Sho they put to Katya  that Saga almost like a god in ND the Gemini were the GS most powerful.  Do you prefer Saga,Shaka and Ikki the  OPs?

About :deathmask: remember is the weakest GS.

Please do not kill me.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »
1.I do not know about that Seiya I still think that Saga and Ikki are the Ops.  Saga because already gave him the title of the GS most powerful and even Saintia Sho they put to Katya  that Saga almost like a god in ND the Gemini were the GS most powerful.  Do you prefer Saga,Shaka and Ikki the  OPs?

2.About :deathmask: remember is the weakest GS.

Please do not kill me.

1. Saga is not OP, he is legally the one called the strongest Gold Saint in the Classic series. He was the boss of the Sanctuary after all. So his power is justified but Shaka on the other hand doesn't have anything to justify him. All he had was something the others achieved in the Hades Arc as well.

And the thing about Ikki in the OVA he got out of Cocytus by himself which by the way it is impossible for someone to get out (while in the manga Pandora got him out). Athena and Shaka freed the other Gold Saints. Shaka does not impress me at all. A Gold Saint that stores Cosmo...is like someone who doesn't have much Cosmo and makes up for it with that trick. So my question is, does he really have such a terrifying Cosmo because he is just that powerful...or is it because he has a "garage"?

2. Aldebaran is the weakest ;)

All the bulky towering characters they have have faced went down pretty quick. That's Masami's concept of the big dudes.

In any case I think TOEI is stereotyping the Gold Saints according to the series and let's see, Aphrodite went down before he could even enter the statue chambers..in LoS he died so fast too without having much.

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »
1. Saga is not OP, he is legally the one called the strongest Gold Saint in the Classic series. He was the boss of the Sanctuary after all. So his power is justified but Shaka on the other hand doesn't have anything to justify him. All he had was something the others achieved in the Hades Arc as well.

And the thing about Ikki in the OVA he got out of Cocytus by himself which by the way it is impossible for someone to get out (while in the manga Pandora got him out). Athena and Shaka freed the other Gold Saints. Shaka does not impress me at all. A Gold Saint that stores Cosmo...is like someone who doesn't have much Cosmo and makes up for it with that trick. So my question is, does he really have such a terrifying Cosmo because he is just that powerful...or is it because he has a "garage"?

2. Aldebaran is the weakest ;)

All the bulky towering characters they have have faced went down pretty quick. That's Masami's concept of the big dudes.

In any case I think TOEI is stereotyping the Gold Saints according to the series and let's see, Aphrodite went down before he could even enter the statue chambers..in LoS he died so fast too without having much.

Really I never thought that I was going to enter to the discussion that a  fan SS always is fighting for centuries.

I thought was Athena's Cosmos who awoke  Ikki and the others in the OVA.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:48 AM »
1. Really I never thought that I was going to enter to the discussion that a  fan SS always is fighting for centuries.

2. I thought was Athena's Cosmos who awoke  Ikki and the others in the OVA.

1. Lol the fight can be fun sometimes.

2. That was my impression as well.

1. I find it funny that only Shaka advanced (as of now).

2. I am also disappointed at Aioros' old man's voice...like really?

3. And why Baldr/Balder/Baldur? why do they keep giving characters God names? when they can use the actual Gods later.

1. To be fair, Shaka didn't do much at all before this episode compared to the others who have already fallen in the fight with GW (Shura, Camus, DM, Aldy). I think they're also saving Shaka for some sort of interaction with Saga, and Saga, Mu and Dohko for the AE. There's not a lot of episodes left so it's not like they could do much with those four characters even if they advance.

2. Me too, right from the first episode. It's like they just think we need the old Aioros voice to please fans without even thinking about the context.

3. I know right? But then again Kuru's the one who started it with Aphrodite, and eventually he's going to have the saints face off the gods in Olympus too. Though, Admittedly Aphrodite VS Aphrodite sounds great. ;D

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »
I thought was Athena's Cosmos who awoke  Ikki and the others in the OVA.

Not sure about the Gold Saints in the OVA but I remember that Ikki specifically got out of Cocytus by burning his Cosmo.

1. To be fair, Shaka didn't do much at all before this episode compared to the others who have already fallen in the fight with GW (Shura, Camus, DM, Aldy). I think they're also saving Shaka for some sort of interaction with Saga, and Saga, Mu and Dohko for the AE. There's not a lot of episodes left so it's not like they could do much with those four characters even if they advance.

2. Me too, right from the first episode. It's like they just think we need the old Aioros voice to please fans without even thinking about the context.

3. I know right? But then again Kuru's the one who started it with Aphrodite, and eventually he's going to have the saints face off the gods in Olympus too. Though, Admittedly Aphrodite VS Aphrodite sounds great. ;D

1. But that's the thing, it's like Baldr was not worth of his time, he didn't open his eyes yet so they made Baldr looking far to be an opponent for him. So he will have another fight with someone much more powerful while the others may have won but still have fallen. If this doesn't proof his superiority to the other Gold Saints I don't know what does.

Sure you can say I am overthinking here but we know at least that Aioria will go to the very end because he is the Pegasus Seiya of the GS.

2. I just can't see the connection of that face with that voice. It just doesn't make sense. Where were the rest of the voice actors  when they picked him up? lol...

3. That's true...Aphrodite was the first mistake he made in the names. He could be Narcissus or Narkissos. It's a very fitting name for him (although fits even better on Misty). That's actually my only complain. One thing that I found quite amusing how he played with Harpy Valentine being born on February 14th. That's one birthday of a character you simply can't forget. ;)

Liu Bie

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
Here is the impression that Ikki revive like the others with Athena's  cosmos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNoo39egGk

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »

1. But that's the thing, it's like Baldr was not worth of his time, he didn't open his eyes yet so they made Baldr looking far to be an opponent for him. So he will have another fight with someone much more powerful while the others may have won but still have fallen. If this doesn't proof his superiority to the other Gold Saints I don't know what does.

Sure you can say I am overthinking here but we know at least that Aioria will go to the very end because he is the Pegasus Seiya of the GS.

2. I just can't see the connection of that face with that voice. It just doesn't make sense. Where were the rest of the voice actors  when they picked him up? lol...

3. That's true...Aphrodite was the first mistake he made in the names. He could be Narcissus or Narkissos. It's a very fitting name for him (although fits even better on Misty). That's actually my only complain. One thing that I found quite amusing how he played with Harpy Valentine being born on February 14th. That's one birthday of a character you simply can't forget. ;)

1. Shaka did open his eyes during the fight with Baldr though, that's how he triggered the god cloth. Rather, what make that fight so lackadaisical is that they introduced a supposingly unsratchable opponent and then had Shaka ended the fight with one of his signature move and a god cloth. That's it. No strategy, no explanation, the gimmick is pretty much there to emphasise that's Shaka is strong.

2. Yeah, no offense to the VA but his voice doesn't fit... 😅

3. That's some really nice names you picked for Afro lol.

With Valentine, I'm just surprise Seiya, with the personality he has, didn't mock his name when they met. 😂