Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night  (Read 659 times)

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Fate/Stay Night
« on: June 30, 2015, 10:51:51 AM »
I've read the Visual Novel a long time ago, watched the 2006 anime as well as the 2010 movie by DEEN, Fate/Zero, watched some of Prism Ilya, and the most recent Unlimited Blade Works anime by Ufotable which has now come to an end, and I can easily say that the UBW anime is the best adaptation. I'm currently rereading the Heaven's Feel route in preparation for the HF movie by Ufotable.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »
I've only really read the VN.  I saw an ep or two of the old anime, and that first one hour thing for UBW.  Can't say I cared for either.  I like the VN a lot, though; Heaven's Feel is probably my favorite route.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
I don't really like the Heaven's Feel route because the servants die so early in the route, like Lancer being killed off just to show that True Assassin is a threat. I really don't like Sakura as a character and her voice is really annoying. I don't get why people like her so much but that's why I'm rereading the HF route to better understand that. I would have really liked to see Lancer's past explored in one of the routes but that never happened. I think he's the only servant who hasn't had his past shown.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:03:46 PM »
Maybe they did it in Hollow Ataraxia?

I'm thinking Heaven's Feel's popularity has to do with how dark and depressing it is.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »
I'm not sure about Hollow Ataraxia since I've never read it.

I think that UBW is the most popular due to how action-packed it is and how the Servants get a lot more focus in that route, especially Archer (GARcher as some people call him). It is definitely my favorite route, with HF being second.