Author Topic: Favorite Shonen Protagonists  (Read 1717 times)

SageofTime

Favorite Shonen Protagonists
« on: June 17, 2015, 11:14:03 PM »
I thought it would be better if we just say what are favorite shonen protagonists were instead of a poll because there is so many shonen protagonists and not everyones favorites were on there and I only limited it to three  so now we can just say what are favorites and there is no limit. Sorry I deleted the poll it was just bugging me that I nor anyone else could change their minds on favorite characters.

So my favorites are

Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Black Jack (Black Jack)
Yugi/Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh) not into card game I have just been watching anime
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)

I would add Pegasus Seiya but he is annoying and a dork

That's it for now need to watch more anime and read more manga series

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:10:41 AM by SageofTime »

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Shonen Protagonists
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:42:22 AM »
Oh great you just made it even harder for me to choose now... lol I have quite a lot of protagonists that I really like but I can't decide because I don't want to leave others out. I think that when it was restricted to such a few was easier but now I just don't know which ones to list. Hoo boy..here it goes.

I think Naruto does deserve a spot because he is a person no like other, any other protagonist would have killed the bad guys but Naruto tried to understand them. He didn't kill Gaara when he could and Gaara made Naruto his first friend. He didn't kill Nagato even tho he killed his (their) sensei and Nagato believed in him that he could change the world.  He didn't kill Sasuke ( he was his best friend after all), instead he tried to bring him back to his senses. Naruto was hated as a kid and all he wanted to do was to be accepted to the society. Little by little he earn people's trust and in the end the entire shinobi nations. He is pretty unique character.

Lelouche from "Code Geass". Brilliant high school kid that toyed with both the Japanese and the Brittania army. I don't know what else to say about him but Geass was just a bonus for the genius mind that he has.

Tatsuya from "Touch!" . A boy who was very talented and could achieve mostly anything without any effort. His twin brother Kazuya was the right opposite. He achieved everything Tatsuya could but with a lot of effort, he was also jealous because he wanted to impress the girl next door Minami but Minami always complimented Tatsuya. Seeing how much work his brother put to it he felt bad and he decided to quit competing with his brother instead he helped him win by making himself look like a fool etc etc. Thus he was labeled in his family as the no good for nothing son. In the school he was branded as the lesser brother but Minami was the only one who had a feeling that there was something else going on not even his parents knew about it. Later on in the series he changes...anyway don't want to spoil it any longer.

Izuku Midoriya from "My hero Academia".  He is a pretty good character I am not going to say anything more you just have to read it. xD

There are a bunch of others but for now these will suffice for now.

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:32:14 PM »
I have a couple but my top 3 favorite shounen protagonists/crushes are

In order

Ban

Yato

Genos

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Genos is kinda cool... gonna be watching One Punch Man when the episodes are out.

Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
Guy   (GaoGaiGar)
Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »
Hmm, the protagonists from shounen series usually aren't my favourite characters from their respective series even though most are really likeable. So this is kind of hard...the one I'm listing here has to qualify as my favourite or one of my favourite from their respective series.

Kudo Shin'ichi (Edogawa Conan) from "Detective Conan" - A really great character with awesome personality on top of being really smart.

Edward Elric from "Fullmetal Alchemist" - Don't think there's a need to explain.

Midoriya Izuku from "My Hero Academia" - Definitely a great character.

Onizuka Eikichi from "GTO"- One of the characters that deserves to go down in the hall of fame imo.

Golden Sagittarius

• Silver Saint
  • Typical Sagittarius - adventurous horselover!
    • View Profile
    • Sagi's Kingdom of Imagination
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 10:19:35 AM »
My favorite shounen protagonists are:

- Pegasus Seiya
- Ran Fujimiya from Weiss Kreuz
- Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach
- Kyoshiro Mibu/Demon Eyes Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo
- Masahiro no Abe from Shounen Onmyouji
- Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin
- Setsuna F. Seiei from Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
- Manji from Blade of the Immortal

I soooo prefer shounen manga/anime over shoujo...
~HAREM: Apollo, Artemis, Charon~
~SHARED: Mu, Poseidon, Isaac, Aiolos, Shaka, Aphrodite, Milo, Shiryu~
~ADOPTED: Marin, Shunrei~

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 05:29:34 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you have any particular reasons for that preference?