Author Topic: Crowdsource / Crowdfunding Seiya Trilogy Movie  (Read 1641 times)

fioptimus

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
Crowdsource / Crowdfunding Seiya Trilogy Movie
« on: June 11, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
Hello all Seiya fans,

I've been meaning to bounce an idea to everyone. I hope I am not repeating others.
So basically, can we do a crowdfunding / crowdsourcing a Seiya trilogy movies?
What it takes to make it happen? At one point, I was planning to compose letter to Peter Jackson (LOTR/Hobbit director) that he is missing out a worldwide phenomena call Saint Seiya, and he need to make it a trilogy.

Heck, we can even suggest the plots (we have so many to choose from), the casts, filiming location, pitching in seed money, etc etc, just to get him directing this freaking trilogy.

Am I drinking too much liquor? or is this a good idea worth for your support?

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Crowdsource / Crowdfunding Seiya Trilogy Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:41:13 PM »
Well, there exists a live action american pilot of the series, but it was not well received by Kurumada. (But who still has the tape)
Judging by that, i am unsure how Kurumada would feel about a trilogy movie series.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

fioptimus

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 03:08:34 AM »
where is this american live version pilot? haven't heard of it

anywho, not sure if kurumada would reject partnership with the peter jackson (assuming he is willing)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 04:40:49 AM »
Why Peter Jackson of all people? Pretty sure there are better directors out there but in any case I don't want to see another Dragonball Evolution going on.

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 07:09:20 AM »
I actually had almost the same idea but instead of live action anime movies. I sent letter to SS author including Kurumada offering my help to fund the project however I didn't receive any response.

I tried the same with Shiori Teshirogi, to do a SS Manga introducing God Gold Cloths which she found interesting but only thanked me for the offer. I was like, see Shiori-San me and my friends are ready to give you few millions if you take this project but unfortunately I only received thanks.

-_-

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 10:02:48 AM »
I was never a fan of live action movies. Japanese think they live in an anime world so they do act like it's anime. I say that only and only if you really have to watch the live action movie then it is fine like it happened with Gantz. Anime as well as manga don't give a definite end and then the creator of the series comes and tells us that we have to watch the live action movie to find out what happened etc etc. That I do respect it but usually when they make live action is like a recap of what you already know from the series which is sad.

Yet I would never entrust Americans to fiddle with anything Japanese they ruined Transformers and Dragonball, I say live it as it is!

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 10:49:58 AM »
I was never a fan of live action movies. Japanese think they live in an anime world so they do act like it's anime. I say that only and only if you really have to watch the live action movie then it is fine like it happened with Gantz. Anime as well as manga don't give a definite end and then the creator of the series comes and tells us that we have to watch the live action movie to find out what happened etc etc. That I do respect it but usually when they make live action is like a recap of what you already know from the series which is sad.

Yet I would never entrust Americans to fiddle with anything Japanese they ruined Transformers and Dragonball, I say live it as it is!

Actually, the original Transformers cartoon was made by both American and Japanese companies.

And that's not fair to judge us by Dragonball Evolution. Nobody liked it, and clearly the writers had no clue what Dragon Ball was like. In the right hands, a good movie could have been made, but clearly they were in terrible hands.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 11:49:20 AM »
But you are talking about G1... everyone saw that as a cartoon it did have elements of cartoon and American flags did pop up every now and then.

Anyway the movies are Hasbro and not Hasbro and Takara...so it is all American.

Beast Wars which was American was pretty poor too. I don't know what to think whose fault is in all this.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »
But you are talking about G1... everyone saw that as a cartoon it did have elements of cartoon and American flags did pop up every now and then.

Anyway the movies are Hasbro and not Hasbro and Takara...so it is all American.

Beast Wars which was American was pretty poor too. I don't know what to think whose fault is in all this.

What are you talking about? Beast Wars was amazing. The CG was rough around the edges (being one of the earliest CG series), but it was a lot of fun to watch. Also, it was made in Canada.