Author Topic: SOG Ep 5! "Ultimate! The God Cloth Power!!"  (Read 6057 times)

SageofTime

Re: SOG Ep 5! "Ultimate! The God Cloth Power!!"
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 07:57:34 PM »
I liked in the episode that in the flashback Shura looked like a kid because in the classic anime it doesn't make any sense that he looks the same from 13 years ago and during the Sanctuary arc. I was also worried that he was like Camus and on Audre's side but he was the good guy. I don't like that Milo was the second gold saint to be defeated but he didn't have much strength anyway because of the fight with Camus and the god warriors. I thought that baby Athena was a lot cuter than in the classic anime she reminded me of baby Shun in the flashbacks in the Hades arc.

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 10:54:55 PM »
I only have one issue with this episode.

WHY DID MU HAVE TO RUN AND TELEPORT JUST THE DAGGER WHILE HE COULD TELEPORT HIMSELF THERE? :/

Or just refuse to teleport it and make Milo wait for him to arrive.
I'm guessing that with the barrier still intact and their cosmos drained, teleporting *himself* for a distance would've been a too big strain for Mu, and he wouldn't have been of much help.

What left me curious was how casually everyone discussed telepathically, though. I was always under the impression that even from Gold Saints, it'd require strong psychic powers and a certain level of sensitivity to them (the ramily) or quite a bit of Cosmo, and everyone is more or less drained.

Serenade

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 11:12:03 PM »
Why do you people constantly say animation sucked? The way I see it the drawing and animation looked great, if you gonna say animation sucked, can you give some examples?

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 01:11:16 AM »
I mean, what the heck is the beef between these two anyway? :aldebaran2: :shun:
if I remember right it was aldebaran to give blood to the Andromeda cloth too. it would have been nicer to see Mizar Zeta Syd

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 01:59:47 AM »
Why do you people constantly say animation sucked? The way I see it the drawing and animation looked great, if you gonna say animation sucked, can you give some examples?

just compare the way Milo or Saga is drawn with how they were drawn in Hades: Sanctuary (the lines and details). I can't give a better description than that.

Reikyavic

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 02:27:40 AM »

Camera panning over still or minimally animated images, mouth movement only, hair and fabric fluttering reels and other generic reels like running or walking are essential techniques in animation but when animation is mostly these it starts to show. Especially when the plot demands more movement, action and choreography, like fighting scenes. Animators of SoG can't keep the quality of non-generic movements or appearance of characters constant, and I think this is what grinds gears of us who aren't too happy about the animation. The way animated character moves can tell much about their personality, but again, if all the animation is generic or subpar that takes away big part from their expression.

What left me curious was how casually everyone discussed telepathically, though. I was always under the impression that even from Gold Saints, it'd require strong psychic powers and a certain level of sensitivity to them (the ramily) or quite a bit of Cosmo, and everyone is more or less drained.

While I do not see this as issue ("these are dudes who can blast all sort of magic energy attacks - that seems bit more energy consuming business than say using the magic energy to do casual conversations over telepathy- dunno, physicist in me is confused") me and my roommate actually did some joking about "gold saint private chat" (and who invited Lyfia, or was Mu just whispering to her?) while watching the episode. I guess this feels a little alien because I don't think they have used telepathy this prominently ever before. Now, wouldn't that have been useful in, say, Hades arc?
I suppose it all comes back to the limitations this series' length places on writing.
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »
While I do not see this as issue ("these are dudes who can blast all sort of magic energy attacks - that seems bit more energy consuming business than say using the magic energy to do casual conversations over telepathy- dunno, physicist in me is confused") me and my roommate actually did some joking about "gold saint private chat" (and who invited Lyfia, or was Mu just whispering to her?) while watching the episode. I guess this feels a little alien because I don't think they have used telepathy this prominently ever before. Now, wouldn't that have been useful in, say, Hades arc?
I suppose it all comes back to the limitations this series' length places on writing.

Yes, it would've been useful in the past. :D And the goldies having this telepathical "chatroom" and the powers to back its existence is a way around the question "how the hell does everyone know everything that's happening after this point".
My thoughts just returned to Next Dimension, Shijima's psychic call for help and Shion being the only one "hearing". But I shouldn't be analyzing things closely anyways since I apaprently only see wrong things, and SoG is a spin-off so canon probably doesn't count so much.

Reikyavic

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »
Yes, it would've been useful in the past. :D And the goldies having this telepathical "chatroom" and the powers to back its existence is a way around the question "how the hell does everyone know everything that's happening after this point".
My thoughts just returned to Next Dimension, Shijima's psychic call for help and Shion being the only one "hearing". But I shouldn't be analyzing things closely anyways since I apaprently only see wrong things, and SoG is a spin-off so canon probably doesn't count so much.

At least they are trying to give us some explanation, even though it is a bit cheap.
I'm sure there are other canon examples of "cosmo chat" out there, ridden with insulting levels of convenience in relation to plot. Logic remains: If missed message can cause delicious disturbance, then it will be missed... and when it is convenient to have everyone know everything, everyone is gonna have their cosmo chat feed flooded, baby.
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
The three Crystals of Light are back !

The animation is not good, and the story is, err..... well I'm still watching so I guess it's not so bad, though I'm not thrilled either. I'd like to see the Goldies fight the God Warriors (... though considering the quality of the animation, I'm not sure I want to see that.)

Otherwise :

I mean, what the heck is the beef between these two anyway? :aldebaran2: :shun:

Yeah, I was like "what the f*** ???" I think that, as the fake Seiya is facing Aiolia, they had to find another Bronze for Alde (and Ikki is not an option !)

WHY DID MU HAVE TO RUN AND TELEPORT JUST THE DAGGER WHILE HE COULD TELEPORT HIMSELF THERE? :/

True, unlike the 12 temples, nothing was said about teleportation being impossible.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

aimc

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »
hi

About the private GS chat:
It is made evident in some of the first episodes, that this is all related to Mu and his psychic abilities. He is the one "grabbing messages from any one, let's say Aioria, and relaying it to everyone else". If Mu were out, dead, or unconscious, i don't think they could still do this. At least not at this level.
One canon-related example of this is the short distance telepathy between the 3 "traitor ex-GS". Saga, Shura and Camus were still mentally connected.. But this example is for short distance, not long distance as Mu is capable of casting..
EDIT: another canon example is Mu talking with Shaka (who was in another dimention!), and Mu talking with all the GS at the same time when Saga was about to commit suicide, all of this in Sanctuary arc.

About Mu not teleporting himself:
It is either "plothole" or "Mu was debilitated and couldn't fully use teleportation"

About the Shadows:
Andreas clearly said that the thing that casts them will look for someone you know, AND occasionally will look deep in your heart, or something like that.
That means that the opponent you will face will be a known one, but not always someone you really hate. It was even focused on Aioria after Andreas said that, meaning that only him was affected by this condition.

So Aldebaran vs Shun was odd but not a plothole.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
- Okay episode with potential...but also with really underwhelming execution. The timing's also a bit off, for instance, I laughed unintentially at the scene Shaka revealed the dagger. It just showed a picture of the hand and dagger sliding out of the corner at such an unnaturally fast speed that looks so awkward I couldn't help laughing. It's almost like they're try to hide the lack of animation or something.

- Young Shura is...cute :P I also like that they make Shura face looks a bit older than some other golds, a bit more stern if you will.

- I am enjoying Gilgamesh-sounding Andreas, great fit.

- Let's see what else I can add...

Illusion Shura is about to attack unguarded Aioria.
Another Shura appears and blocked the attack, saving Aioria.

Aioria: Who're...*turns head*...Shura?!
Shura No. 2 to Shura No. 1: Think you will be able to match me with that phony blade?

Shura No. 2 repels Shura No. 1.

Lyfia: Another illusion of Shura?

...That's one extremely intelligent comment, very well done Lyfia.  :-_-U:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:53:04 PM by Niello »

topaz989

• Silver Saint
  • Real Men Wear Pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 02:22:33 PM »
- Let's see what else I can add...

Illusion Shura is about to attack unguarded Aioria.
Another Shura appear and blocked the attack, saving Aioria.

Aioria: Who're...*turns head*...Shura?!
Shura No. 2 to Shura No. 1: Think you will be able to match me with that phony blade?

Shura No. 2 repels Shura No. 1.

Lyfia: Another illusion of Shura?

...That's one extremely intelligent comment, very well done Lyfia.  :-_-U:

Maybe we need a thread to keep track of all the Ly-fails in this series. I can't think of an episode where she hasn't done anything stupid, waste time, or evil yet.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 11:11:46 PM »
Maybe we need a thread to keep track of all the Ly-fails in this series. I can't think of an episode where she hasn't done anything stupid, waste time, or evil yet.

I'd like to see her become some kind of evil character... maybe then she'd act less like an idiot.
Unless they plan to get her wounded / kidnapped like another annoying girl...  :athena: but the Lyfia's "evil eyes" makes me hope they are not.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"