Author Topic: SOG Ep 5! "Ultimate! The God Cloth Power!!"  (Read 6061 times)

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: SOG Ep 5! "Ultimate! The God Cloth Power!!"
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 08:30:18 AM »
Episode was alright...though I think its safe to say that this was the weakest episode yet.

It had its moments though for sure.

[spoiler]MILO DOWN![/spoiler]

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »
I am crying right now.

Animation sure gets WORSE :( No I didn't cry because of that. But on emotional side it's getting better.

Wonder why only Aiolos saw more demons...

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 09:11:14 AM »
the animatin and art was indeed poor, but the story is really engaging and intriguing. Milo was a bit too miserable

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 09:20:07 AM »
I liked seeing the tension between Aioria and Shura addressed.

Shura's jaw is also quite handsome~

Anyway, my "worst fear" regarding SoG seems to be manifesting- with so many characters to focus on and so many pieces to keep in the play, structure begins to fall all over the place and 20 minutes every two weeks doesn't seem to be enough to show everything needed.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 09:46:16 AM »
Love the episode!
Using the tear of Athena was a nice touch!
Yer, the 100 Dragon was awful drawing... :|
Milo gone! NO!!! :(

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
I bet Milo is not dead, he is gooing to be used like a puppet together with aphrodite... I bet they will be brain wshed and forced to fight against the other goldies

SageofTime

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »
I wonder why Aldebaran and Aioia survived when the used their comos with their god cloths but Milo didn't. I wonder what plans Audre has for Milo and Aphordite.

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »
I wonder why Aldebaran and Aioia survived when the used their comos with their god cloths but Milo didn't. I wonder what plans Audre has for Milo and Aphordite.
something to do with the previous beatings and the fact they are resurrected (everytime they use cosmo those marks appear)... HE appears to have very low stamina

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:34 PM »
something to do with the previous beatings and the fact they are resurrected (everytime they use cosmo those marks appear)... HE appears to have very low stamina

The funny thing, Seiya and the other Bronze Saints got healed and recovered their powers after getting the God Cloth but the Gold Saints are getting weak -_-

As I said before, while I loved Milo in this episode but I still feel he is somehow downgraded.

Anyway, the episode wasn't bad but wasn't that good, the animation sucked. The idea of returning the Bronze Saints was kinda stupid to me, and why for God sake why Hyoga has to perform his lame dance! <<< OMG you guys really don't know how much I hate these stupid poses/dances.

Reikyavic

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 12:52:14 PM »
This anime's names should be "underwhelming execution" or something. That's all I have to say about that.

Animations wasn't that much worse than in last episode, but unfortunately that is nothing sort of compliment considering fact that fourth episode was hand down the weakest so far. I can only hope this if unfortunate consequence of trying to spread thin budget so that the upcoming episodes with more meaningful plot points involved are going to have little boost in quality.

It is true that it sucks that they have to rush with story, likely because of episode limitations, but I'm feeling much more sympathetic towards writers than animators on this. We may not have much time to focus on each character, but the story itself still feels coherent, and I think that newest episodes action packed tone was step into right direction.

...Action, and cute effin kids like whoa. Lil' Shura~
Like, there is nothing better than anime with child soldiers, am I right or right?

Without forgetting the absolutely best face in the episode:

I'm seriously considering of changin my avatar. Derpy baby Athena, guys...
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

topaz989

• Silver Saint
  • Real Men Wear Pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »
Anyway, the episode wasn't bad but wasn't that good, the animation sucked. The idea of returning the Bronze Saints was kinda stupid to me, and why for God sake why Hyoga has to perform his lame dance! <<< OMG you guys really don't know how much I hate these stupid poses/dances.

Replace "kinda" with "definitely". The shadows were there to to reveal the darkness of the Gold Saint's hearts. I love the Bronzies but I would've traded their appearances with something cooler and more story driven like having Dhoko face an evil version of Shion with him like "why didn't you save me" shtick to compliment the Shura flashback and have only Hyoga come back with the "we failed, why didn't you follow us up to Elysium instead of staying right here drinking beer and strolling around town" kind of splitting the revelation of Aiolia with Milo and having Mu or Shaka talk to Milo to straighten him out.

I liked the concept of this episode but it was totally wasted except for Aiolia.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 02:07:53 PM »
Aiolia and Shura were both Gold Saints at the time this happened. Yet the anime made it seem like Aiolia wasn't.

Also, the tears thing is kind of silly. I can get Blood allowing for the God Cloths given Cloths can be revived with blood and rituals using blood...but tears? Really? At least that Knife would have Athena's blood on it.

Thrudgelmir2333

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »
Replace "kinda" with "definitely". The shadows were there to to reveal the darkness of the Gold Saint's hearts. I love the Bronzies but I would've traded their appearances with something cooler and more story driven like having Dhoko face an evil version of Shion with him like "why didn't you save me" shtick to compliment the Shura flashback and have only Hyoga come back with the "we failed, why didn't you follow us up to Elysium instead of staying right here drinking beer and strolling around town" kind of splitting the revelation of Aiolia with Milo and having Mu or Shaka talk to Milo to straighten him out.

I liked the concept of this episode but it was totally wasted except for Aiolia.

I wish they'd gone to greater length to explain the picking of the shadows each Gold Saint faced.

I mean, what the heck is the beef between these two anyway? :aldebaran2: :shun:

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »
It looked great! I liked this episode and next one, finally we will see Shaka in action... I've been waiting 6 episodes for this to finally happen and to see Shaka God Cloth!

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »
I only have one issue with this episode.

WHY DID MU HAVE TO RUN AND TELEPORT JUST THE DAGGER WHILE HE COULD TELEPORT HIMSELF THERE? :/