5 (23.8%)
She is a Goddess/Minor Goddess
6 (28.6%)
She works for Odin like Owl Partita
3 (14.3%)
Other (please describe)
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Place your Bets, Lyfia is....  (Read 3489 times)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Place your Bets, Lyfia is....
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »
What cells?

A famous human immortalised cell line, originally taken from a woman named Henrietta Lacks.

Simply put, normally cells are naturally programmed to self-suicide after they replicate a specific number of times, or by other conditions (e.g. to separate the fingers in embryos). With the right condition these cells can just keep on dividing without dying.

I thought about going more in depth but I guess I will just keep it simple (don't want to chance derailling this thread with just a page in, xD).

Oh, btw, HeLa is being mass produced and have been the reason which made many beakthroughs possible (and many failure experiments because it grew so well it invaded other cell types that the scientists grew xD)

Celyddon

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »
I don't think she's anything--yet.  I think she BECOMES an avatar for the evil that is within Yggdrasil (jumping off a previous prediction).  Rather like Kouga hosting Abzu.  I think the Gold Saints take Yggdrasil down to 10% health, then the evil within makes a last ditch effort and takes root within a human body, the most pure one near it of course--because that is poetic justice.  Then the Gold Saints have to expel it from her body, and she goes all Athena-with-golden-arrow on them.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 12:11:29 AM »
A famous human immortalised cell line, originally taken from a woman named Henrietta Lacks.

Simply put, normally cells are naturally programmed to self-suicide after they replicate a specific number of times, or by other conditions (e.g. to separate the fingers in embryos). With the right condition these cells can just keep on dividing without dying.

I thought about going more in depth but I guess I will just keep it simple (don't want to chance derailling this thread with just a page in, xD).

Oh, btw, HeLa is being mass produced and have been the reason which made many beakthroughs possible (and many failure experiments because it grew so well it invaded other cell types that the scientists grew xD)

Wow...

I don't think she's anything--yet.  I think she BECOMES an avatar for the evil that is within Yggdrasil (jumping off a previous prediction).  Rather like Kouga hosting Abzu.  I think the Gold Saints take Yggdrasil down to 10% health, then the evil within makes a last ditch effort and takes root within a human body, the most pure one near it of course--because that is poetic justice.  Then the Gold Saints have to expel it from her body, and she goes all Athena-with-golden-arrow on them.

Somehow this feels more like the 80s movie scenario but I like the way you think.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 01:07:52 AM »
I'd say a Valkyrie, though she can turn out to be anything...

As for Lyfia being a host for the "final boss", I'd say Aioria could be too (yes, only because of that stupid necklace, but I don't think they're going to do something original with it and they probably will recycle the idea of the necklace being a "mark" of the host of a god...)
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

ScyllaIo

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »
Soooo.....out of all of you, who's the other person who voted for valkyrie?

I said she might be a Valkyrie since the first episode. I'm sticking with that.

:scylla:

SageofTime

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 09:55:31 AM »

I heard about Henrietta Lacks and there is a book about her I want to read which I think was a New York times bestseller.
I'd say Aioria could be too (yes, only because of that stupid necklace, but I don't think they're going to do something original with it and they probably will recycle the idea of the necklace being a "mark" of the host of a god...)
That would a interesting plot twist

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 10:41:34 PM »

As for Lyfia being a host for the "final boss", I'd say Aioria could be too (yes, only because of that stupid necklace, but I don't think they're going to do something original with it and they probably will recycle the idea of the necklace being a "mark" of the host of a god...)

Oh heck no, no touchy on Aioria leave him be..pendant is only special because of his brother.

SageofTime

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:41 AM »
Oh heck no, no touchy on Aioria leave him be..pendant is only special because of his brother.
I am sure that toei is planning on something that is associated with the pendant like turning him into a demon or god of some sort but I can't think of any male lion gods in mythology.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »
If that happens..I am going to have second thoughts about SoG...by the way why does it have to be a lion deity?

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 02:33:59 PM »
I'm not sure who she is or what her intentions are with the Goldies but one things I'm sure of is she's trying to get with Aioria   :angry: I don't like her character very much but hopefully she can change my mind by moving on with somebody else

SageofTime

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »
If that happens..I am going to have second thoughts about SoG...by the way why does it have to be a lion deity?
I don't know it is something random I came up with because Aiolia is the leo gold saint
I'm not sure who she is or what her intentions are with the Goldies but one things I'm sure of is she's trying to get with Aioria   :angry: I don't like her character very much but hopefully she can change my mind by moving on with somebody else
I think Lyfia is trying to get with Aiolia as well but I don't know what he thinks of it.

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 08:07:34 AM »
Or maybe she's Odin himself...

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »

So they would put a pendant just to have the opportunity to show some childhood memories of Aioria with his brother ? Not that I would mind (I'd rather it happens this way) but I fear they have planned some other use to this pendant.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »
but I fear they have planned some other use to this pendant.

Definitely, I mean it glowed when his gold cloth turned into a god cloth.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 02:16:11 AM »
Okay so since the last episode my theory changed to that Lyfia and Andreas are definitely working together!
They are to gather the twelve Gold Saints inside Yggdrasill for some wicked purpose.  :face0:

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.