Author Topic: SOG Ep 4! "Gather! The 7 God Warriors!!"  (Read 9467 times)

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
Re: SOG Ep 4! "Gather! The 7 God Warriors!!"
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
Having watched the 2nd time I have to agree on 3 things:

- the art does SUCK. Animation is good at times but the drawing...bleh. Though Saga is still as good looking as ever.

- Aphrodite is pulling an Albafica. And I LOVED it.

- Deathmask is TOTALLY "ruined". But I said this in quotation marks because, according to my friend, Cancerians are supposed to be romantic and caring people. So zodiac-wise, THIS is how DM's character supposed to behave from the start. I think Kurumada did not do his research well :P

Oh and I prefer him ruined like this. Cos otherwise, one would wonder how did he become a Gold Saint of Athena in the first place!

SageofTime

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2015, 11:05:40 PM »
- Deathmask is TOTALLY "ruined". But I said this in quotation marks because, according to my friend, Cancerians are supposed to be romantic and caring people. So zodiac-wise, THIS is how DM's character supposed to behave from the start. I think Kurumada did not do his research well :P
I wonder if the other gold saints personalities match their zodiac sign

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »

Not really, his character had nothing to do with the Zodiac sign. Masami related Cancer with death ( cancer desease) thus why he was a lunatic and the Cancer Temple reeked of death. No other reason really.

Tho it is true, the SoG Deathmask is exactly how a Cancer person should be.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2015, 08:15:10 AM »
I just watched the episode... I wasn't so thrilled even though it wasn't bad.

Aphrodite and Death Mask are nice characters, but I did not like Aphrodite being captured (and Andreas looked like a perv...).
Otherwise I did not think much of the episode... and there even were some moments when I checked the time to know when it was going to end... At this rate, I'll stop watching the series in a couple of episodes.

As for Saga, the art doesn't do him justice (nor does it for any of the others).
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »
As for Saga, the art doesn't do him justice (nor does it for any of the others).

Really have to agree.

I gave up on the animation and the art...or more specifically the character art since the first episode...there're just too much off-model shots, this episode has even more of those than usual, but I felt like I would just be repeating myself over and over again if I keep bringing it up...

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2015, 09:57:39 AM »
I think you people are too fussy, I enjoy these episodes

Serenade

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2015, 12:36:30 PM »
I careless of how the animations are, yes i do see some bad arts here and there but it really doesn't bother me. I'm just grateful that the anime of my childhood is still going on.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »
...And just why do people have to get defensive when they see a couple of negative posts, when overall the episode have been receiving positive comments? Just with me as an example, I criticised above on the art but my comment on the page before, which addressed my impressions on the whole episode was mostly positive, and I was indeed enjoying the episode. Beside, some people just aren't as easily impressed. Come on people, a few criticisms are more beneficial than harmful.

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2015, 06:38:22 PM »
I wonder if the other gold saints personalities match their zodiac sign

I rarely read horoscopes so I'm going with my friend's explanation on this. Milo is spot on: Scorpios are said to be passionate and vengeful and they often take out their anger on the wrong people. Libras are way much more like Shiryu than young Dohko. Pisces are said to be proud and heroic, so Episode 4 Aphrodite and LC's Albafica are right on the mark. This friend of mine is an Aquarian and she said Camus is quite accurate though Aquarians are generally more like LC's Degel. Virgos (like me) are picky, analytical, thinking ahead...much like Shaka. Leos are jovial people, so Regulus is more spot on than brooding Aiolia. That's all I know so far.

Not really, his character had nothing to do with the Zodiac sign. Masami related Cancer with death ( cancer desease) thus why he was a lunatic and the Cancer Temple reeked of death. No other reason really.
And to think... Hirotaka Suzuoki (Shiryu) died from cancer. Quite eerie.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2015, 11:30:08 PM »
Well what I like about TOEI is that they match the Gold Saints with the Zodiac... they did great with DM and Aphrodite so far... they behave exactly as their zodiac signs... I think that Masami should have gone with that to... instead making up his own personalities and messing up with the Zodiac Signs... as far for Aldebaran... me being a Taurus, Aldebaran from both SoG and LC behave exactly as one Taurus will... they are stubborn, fightful, always like to make a stand and quite powerful warriors... so yes I think that both Aldebarans are spot on from their zodiac signs :)

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2015, 01:31:37 AM »
...And just why do people have to get defensive when they see a couple of negative posts, when overall the episode have been receiving positive comments?

We can't all like the same thing, so there's bound to be negative comments on everything we like anyway.

I though I read something about Chinese folklore linking the Cancer constellation with a kind of passage for the soul, leading them from the world of the living to the afterworld... So I thought that was the reason why Deathmask was linked to death.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2015, 03:52:50 AM »
It's a mix of constellation myths and attributes.

But, who says one character has only one attribute... :P

Saga235

• Bronze Saint
  • Athena's Sanctuary Forever
    • View Profile
Cancer's sanctuary soul and his mourning
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2015, 08:48:06 AM »
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_61b88ae70102vm27.html

After 31 years.....I finally found Cancer's fighting soul and his mourning, moving.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2015, 09:06:43 AM »

I though I read something about Chinese folklore linking the Cancer constellation with a kind of passage for the soul, leading them from the world of the living to the afterworld... So I thought that was the reason why Deathmask was linked to death.

Don't know about that one all I know is that he was asked why the Cancer Saint was associated with death because it wasn't fit for a Saint and that was his answer.

topaz989

• Silver Saint
  • Real Men Wear Pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2015, 07:39:36 AM »
I just saw it on youtube and I thought Saga was awesome and Aphrodites attack as well. I thought Deathmask was totally out of character except probably the part at the bar but most of personality in the episode did not fit Deathmask at all and I didn't like it they turned him into Soap Opera or chick flick character but it was nice that he cared for that one girl .  I would say the only thing I liked in the episode was Saga and Aphrodite attacking. By the preview for the next it looks like Shura is a bad character.

I thought Deathmask's character was the most well thought. In the last episode, I just thought they changed his character to make him drunk silly but it really makes sense when he started going on about how he was the only one whose Cloth abandoned him. All of a sudden, you get why he spends his time drinking and talking about how happy he was because no one knows who he is and he can "start over" and he's trying to make up for all the stuff he did. It would have been nice if they actually went over why his Cloth abandoned him but we only get 13 episodes. It would have been poetic about him thinking of Shunrei when he is with Helena and realize how horrible it was that he attacked her and confronting the God Warrior and realizing that he was alot worse than he was.

The other Saints are out drinking, walking and taking their sweet time. Aiolia rented a freaking hotel while everyone else is getting their butts kicked or dragging themselves through the snow. My God, are we ever going to get an episode where no one is freaking drinking, eating or walking around aimlessly? The only one who should be doing that would have been Deathmask since he's like the one who's legitimately depressed.