Author Topic: SOG Ep 4! "Gather! The 7 God Warriors!!"  (Read 9465 times)

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
Re: SOG Ep 4! "Gather! The 7 God Warriors!!"
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »
WOOHOO the first 5 mins!!! CaMilo fans would be quite happy to see some emo moments there. And I think Milo started to realize his former BFF was trying to tell him something. And three cheers for BADASS SAGA!!!

Not a fan of DM and Aphro so that half can wait for tomorrow...now its time for bed.

SageofTime

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
I wait to see the episode when it is on youtube

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 09:39:06 AM »
Already there but the ending is cut abruptly (yes finally watched all of it).

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
quite good episode

They probably stole the idea from this:  :saga:

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »
Things are wrapping up nicely, I loved Aphrodite fighting scenes... too bad they used just Demonic Rose... would have loved to see Piranha Rose and Bloody Rose... or at least Piranha Rose, while for example when he had to free up the villagers, he would use Piranha Rose to break up those crystals... would have been much more cooler to see... too bad that at the end... he was defeated once more, in pointless death... well not death, but capture... I am surprised that Toei treats Aphrodite like that, he was one shot in their movie... now he is beaten again... do they have a grudge against him or something... :(

Oh yea... I totally LOVED how Saga was drawn... he looked really beautiful... a bit different but still quite beautiful xD in a masculine way of course... xD

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »
Watched the episode! My thoughts

* Saga was totally a bad@$$! great entrance, Amazing Galaxian Explosion, cool gesture and finally cool escape! Also Saga been confirmed twice to be the strongest Gold Saint among Athena's Saints <<< Saga's fans sure loved the statements, I am one of them :P

* Death Mask being nice was something I really loved! Giving money, caring for his friend Aphrodite, caring for Helena! Death Mask overall was awesome! I never liked Death Mask like how I liked him in this episode! Big thumbs-up for Death Mask. The cloth design looked great in the anime as well

* The episode art wasn't so good, the animation also was not so good, however it was excellent in Aphrodite's fight, the art and animation afterwards became better

* I loved how Aphrodite became a hero, this side of Aphrodite I always wanted to see!

* The mysterious God Warrior! I can guarantee he is Kanon! But why the Black Hair is beyond my knowledge! But I am sure of it, he is none other than Kanon! Yay for it in advance :P

Next Episode, I think we will see Shura and Aiolos would try to bring the best out of the Gold Cloths, probably by faking they are on the enemy's side! Can't wait!

Overall, this episode was my favourite episode so far. Can't wait for the next episode!

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »
Totally loved the episode!
Saga was awesome!!
Really like DM and Aphro got their roles to play!!

Kaia

• Silver Saint
  • Mysterious Crest
    • View Profile
    • Kaia's Blog
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »
I also love this new episode. It is awesome, although I still think that the personality of Aphrodite and Deathmask are really a bit out of character.

However, I really think it is strange that the enemies claim that Saga is the strongest among the Gold Saints and that he was destined to become the Pope.
If I remember correctly, Shion intended to give the position to Aiolos. Furthermore, I always thought that Shaka was the strongest among the Gold Saints. After all, Saga was not able to defeat him without the Athena Exclamation even with Camus' and Shura's help. In addition to that, there is Douhko and Aiolos.

The Big G

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2015, 11:37:23 AM »
However, I really think it is strange that the enemies claim that Saga is the strongest among the Gold Saints and that he was destined to become the Pope.
If I remember correctly, Shion intended to give the position to Aiolos. Furthermore, I always thought that Shaka was the strongest among the Gold Saints. After all, Saga was not able to defeat him without the Athena Exclamation even with Camus' and Shura's help. In addition to that, there is Douhko and Aiolos.

Both Saga and Aiolos were the strongest and oldesnt of the GS at the time. Shion picked Aiolos because while Saga was a bit stronger he had the evil in his heart.

As for GS power levels its just to just consider that Dohko, Saga/Kanon, Aiolos and Shaka are the top tier of GS.

And alas poor DM...confirmed to be Bottom Tier :( 

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »
@Aries Mu
How come I missed this image of Mu! Definitely worth to be pinned ;)

@Kaia
I really don't want to debate about Saga's rank among the Gold Saints, because it never ends well. However, if you really want to know what happened Manga-wise please refer to my topic: "Saint Seiya Feats and Powers" it will give you an idea of Gold Saints ranking based on the manga. Anyway, regarding the Pope in the original manga, Saga was originally meant to be the Pope, however because the Pope felt there was darkness in his heart he decided to give the position to Aiolos. Shaka was never stated to be the strongest among the Gold Saints, however Shaka on several occasions stated to be Man closest to the Gods this is as far as the original manga goes. For non-original works of SS, in Episode G its only the one who reach the Pope's level, he is able to master GenRouMaouKen, which Saga learned when he was young. On several other chapters in the same manga, there are statements supporting the idea of Saga being the strongest.

Back to Topic:
Who in the world expected to see Death Mask feeling guilty or troubled to not join the Gold Saints! or Death Mask secretly helping the weak, or Death Mask having friend (Aphrodite), Death Mask having bond with his cloth, Death Mask fighting for justice, Death Mask not being coward or seek forgiveness! Death Mask crying.... His tears broke my heart </3 poor Death Mask.

Kaia

• Silver Saint
  • Mysterious Crest
    • View Profile
    • Kaia's Blog
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2015, 11:49:18 AM »
Thank you for the information, The Big G and Saga. Your information helped me a lot.

I know that the ranking issue among the Gold Saints is an endless debate. Sorry for nearly starting another one. :P

I was also surprised to see Deathmask's soft side. It was quite a surprise.
I also pity him a bit, being called 'the weakest'.

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »
Offtopic but:

Episode g is NOT canon. So the debate is still open. However we don't want to discuss that topic for the 99999 time right?

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »
This episode was amazing, I am so proud of gemini Saga being the strongest saint in the zodiac lol.

Aphrodite and Deathmask redeeming themselves... I think Aphrodite was given new powers (did he send a message to Mu?) .

I hope Aphrodite does not turn evil by being brainwashed.

Deathmask was kind of more good looking in the canon material, here he looks more trashed and with less muscle tone... as if he aged  

* The mysterious God Warrior! I can guarantee he is Kanon! But why the Black Hair is beyond my knowledge! But I am sure of it, he is none other than Kanon! Yay for it in advance :P

the hair is black not blue, I don't think he is Kanon.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2015, 01:49:44 PM »
- Saga was awesome!!!...but he doesn't have enough screen time! It doesn't seem like he will be appearing much next episode either...In any case, props to the anime team for recognising Saga as the strongest among the gold saints, that was so satisfying.

- I know Okiayu Ryoutarou has large range for his voice but I felt like he should make Saga's voice a bit deeper, he doesn't sound quite the same.

- And that God Warrior has to be Kanon, it has to be him (probably). Although I have no explanation for black hair and yellow eyes.

- I like Deathmask and Aphrodite in this episode a lot. I still feel like their personality changes is a bit, well, forced; however I do understand that they want to turn them into good guys but only have 13 episodes to work with, which they still have much more important stuff to cover. They did put some unexpected stuff in there. Deathmask feeling guilty about his cloth and Aphrodite being the first to confront Andreas.

- I don't like where this is going with Aphrodite being in the crystal-thing after his defeat and there're apparently pre-make slots for all of them...unless of course, if Kanon came in to save the day. That could be good. ;D

SageofTime

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2015, 02:11:36 PM »
I just saw it on youtube and I thought Saga was awesome and Aphrodites attack as well. I thought Deathmask was totally out of character except probably the part at the bar but most of personality in the episode did not fit Deathmask at all and I didn't like it they turned him into Soap Opera or chick flick charcter but it was nice that he cared for that one girl .  I would say the only thing I liked in the episode was Saga and Aphordite attacking. By the preview for the next it looks like Shura is a bad character.