Author Topic: Games that you feel were underappreciated for one reason or another.  (Read 4472 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Games that you feel were underappreciated for one reason or another.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
Yup.  The series does quite well for Nintendo.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »
For some reason I think all the original Nintendo games go well for Nintendo but I could be wrong.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
I don't think Metroid ever did all that well for Nintendo in Japan, so there's that. 

SageofTime

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »
I don't think Metroid ever did all that well for Nintendo in Japan, so there's that. 
I heard the reason why Metroid isn't big there is because they aren't fans of first person shooting video games like people in the U.S. are.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 10:35:36 PM »

But it's pretty big in US and Europe. Who doesn't like Samus (well the original one)? :P

I heard the reason why Metroid isn't big there is because they aren't fans of first person shooting video games like people in the U.S. are.

Well Metroid started as a 2D platformer (that's the one I like) and yes, FPS games are not my thing either. I am a huge fan of Action RPG games I find them more interesting and more fun than just shooting stuff.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 04:21:29 PM »

They weren't big even when they were 2D platformers, unfortunately.

But it's pretty big in US and Europe. Who doesn't like Samus (well the original one)? :P

It seems like Japanese companies often don't care how big a success something is overseas as long as it's not big in Japan, though I do admit that is less of a problem with video games than other Japanese things.