Author Topic: I'm surprised that no one is discussing this  (Read 5899 times)

Andromeda Shun

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • I'm a big Shun fan
    • View Profile
Re: I'm surprised that no one is discussing this
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 01:27:47 AM »
We have talked about it in the SoG general thread but I am not going to say more about him until I do see him in action. ;)

Same here.

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 05:51:23 AM »
Actually, there is one other thing we have not discussed (I think).

Fafner captured and experimented on villagers in ep. 2. I suppose Asgardians know he is working for Andreas, so why didn't they say anything about it or become at least suspicious of the much beloved Andreas?

SageofTime

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »
I don't care if Aiolos does any action he like Mufasa of the Lion King where he is there for a little screen time and gives advice in his spirit.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »
 Your example made my day SageofTime. xD

SageofTime

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »
Your example made my day SageofTime. xD
I'm glad it did

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »
I have been thinking...the one thing Aioros actually did, saving baby Athena...may not be all that special.

I mean...if Mu, Aioria, Shaka, Milo, Dohko, Camus, Aldebaran, any of the 5 bronzes, even Saga (without the evil spirit) would probably had done the same or something similar if they were placed in that situation.

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
I have been thinking...the one thing Aioros actually did, saving baby Athena...may not be all that special.

I mean...if Mu, Aioria, Shaka, Milo, Dohko, Camus, Aldebaran, any of the 5 bronzes, even Saga (without the evil spirit) would probably had done the same or something similar if they were placed in that situation.

Ok, but remember that he (canon story) escaped both Saga and Shura , and later was defeated by Shura.

My point is, would Mu with his 7 or 8 years old, had saved Athena at that time? would Aldebaran had done it? IDK, but Aioros certainly could, and that's quite a feat.

By the way, as Aiolos was defeated by Shura, you could say that he's not THAT strong as a GS.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »

By the way, as Aiolos was defeated by Shura, you could say that he's not THAT strong as a GS.

But that's not canon... Aioros didn't encounter Shura, it was anime only thing.

ScyllaIo

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 05:25:55 AM »
But that's not canon... Aioros didn't encounter Shura, it was anime only thing.

Shura wounded Aiorous which caused his death, he admitted to Shiryu after he cut away his only escape. The anime just expanded this statement more by showing the encounter.

:scylla:

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 06:53:59 AM »
Shura wounded Aiorous which caused his death, he admitted to Shiryu after he cut away his only escape. The anime just expanded this statement more by showing the encounter.

:scylla:

Ok let me rephrase that just realized what I have typed. Aioros did not fight back Shura. He was a sitting duck thanks to baby Athena in his arms. Let's not forget that up to date Aioros still has no canon techniques. So the statement Aioros was weaker than Shura does not count. Can't expect anything from a Clothless Saint vs a Clothed Gold Saint and having a baby in his arms. If I am not mistaken in the anime he fought back and failed putting aside baby Athena and yes I know in the manga the fight doesn't exist (no flashback) only but only by Shura's words.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:04 AM »
For the 13 years ago story, whatever the case of Aiolos and Shura I can tell one sure thing, Masami only told 20% of what really happen.

If you really look at the logic and order of events, things don't add up...

And also the big elephant in the room->Marin

;)

SageofTime

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 07:50:18 AM »
What doesn't make any sense though in the anime when Shura and Aiolia were fighting that Shura looked like an adult in the past since Aiolos was 14 at the time shouldn't Shura be 10? because he didn't look like a 10 year old. Also when Marin was training Seiya he was 7 in the past and Marin is only 3 years older so she should be 10 as well but she still looked 16.
Ok let me rephrase that just realized what I have typed. Aioros did not fight back Shura. He was a sitting duck thanks to baby Athena in his arms. Let's not forget that up to date Aioros still has no canon techniques. So the statement Aioros was weaker than Shura does not count. Can't expect anything from a Clothless Saint vs a Clothed Gold Saint and having a baby in his arms. If I am not mistaken in the anime he fought back and failed putting aside baby Athena and yes I know in the manga the fight doesn't exist (no flashback) only but only by Shura's words.
So the only canon thing is Aiolos firing the arrow at the wailing wall in the hades arc? I sometimes wonder why a lot of people reference the anime when it is not canon only the manga is. Same with movies that are based on books because most movies don't follow books closely.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »
1.What doesn't make any sense though in the anime when Shura and Aiolia were fighting that Shura looked like an adult in the past since Aiolos was 14 at the time shouldn't Shura be 10? because he didn't look like a 10 year old. Also when Marin was training Seiya he was 7 in the past and Marin is only 3 years older so she should be 10 as well but she still looked 16.

2. So the only canon thing is Aiolos firing the arrow at the wailing wall in the hades arc? I sometimes wonder why a lot of people reference the anime when it is not canon only the manga is. Same with movies that are based on books because most movies don't follow books closely.

1. Well what can we say about Masami and his character designs? they are just not drawn with logic. Sure Seiya was cute when he was little could justify his age but what about Marin? being 10 and already looking like the 16 year old girl we all know. Let's not forget the 14 year old Aioros looking the same with the adult Aioria when he should at least look more as a teenager. And so many others...not going to discuss them all right now.

2. Well chronologically in order of appearance for Aioros was...Shion calling both Aioros and Saga to announce them who would become the next Pope (and this is the only time that we will see the Sagittarius Cloth without wings but with a cape).  Then we have Aioros saving Athena from Saga and escaping from Sanctuary. Then we have Shura admitting that he gave the fatal wound to Aioros (no appearance here but we can trust the words of a Gold Saint I guess). Dying Aioros meeting Kido and telling him his last request. Final appearance at the Wailing Wall shooting his arrow. That's it. No love for the brave Gold Saint that started it all. However as Masami said he killed Aioros because he would end up being the protagonist....so he "erased" him.

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
2. Well chronologically in order of appearance for Aioros was...Shion calling both Aioros and Saga to announce them who would become the next Pope (and this is the only time that we will see the Sagittarius Cloth without wings but with a cape).  Then we have Aioros saving Athena from Saga and escaping from Sanctuary. Then we have Shura admitting that he gave the fatal wound to Aioros (no appearance here but we can trust the words of a Gold Saint I guess). Dying Aioros meeting Kido and telling him his last request. Final appearance at the Wailing Wall shooting his arrow. That's it. No love for the brave Gold Saint that started it all. However as Masami said he killed Aioros because he would end up being the protagonist....so he "erased" him.

Thanks for recapitulating everything canon shown so far. However my opinion remains the same. Aioros was escaping without his cloths on (big mistake) but anyway he should have at least evaded the Excalibur attack. Mu could, Shaka could, and Aioros couldn't?

No fight between GS should be so straightforward. I guess we should wait till there is an official answer as to what exactly happened, because so far Aioros' feats doesn't add up.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »
You think he didn't evade Excalibur? personally I don't think it was Excalibur that defeated him because you know why? he died in one piece. There is a reason why I said "we have to trust a Gold Saint's words" meaning I was being ironic. Who tells us that it wasn't Saga himself that made that wound while he was escaping? and who tells us that Shura did encounter Aioros and attacked him? for all we know he could be lying. As for Mu and Shaka dodging it...that's exactly what I am talking about, Shura was about to split them in half from head to crotch they would not have survived after the hit so if Aioros was indeed struck by Excalibur on the back he would be split in two as well as taking Athena with him.

There are things that just don't mix together. Let's see. If Shura defeated Aioros then why didn't he end his life right away instead letting him get away with baby Athena in his arms? he was supposed to kill the traitor and retrieve Athena no? or kill her as well...dunno.

Here's my theory. Saga landed the fatal wound while Aioros was leaving the room. Shura was probably lying to make Saga's identity more mysterious... to the readers. Sure you can say that nothing would have changed in the story and there was no reason to lie but it actually works when it is something that comes out every week. One more thing about it. I won't believe Shura's words unless I see a flashback. It was a very important event so how come there was no flashback like the other events? that's just me I guess.