Author Topic: I'm surprised that no one is discussing this  (Read 5904 times)

Iuri

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
I'm surprised that no one is discussing this
« on: May 03, 2015, 04:49:15 PM »
I'm really surprised that no one is discussing the eminence of finally seeing Aiolos in full action since the debut of the series in the 80s (not taking into account Episode G), we'll finally be able to see the extent of his powers and see if he is on par with the gold strongests. I wonder your thoughts on this, and I'll give some of mine.

Aiolos is definitely, if not the most, one of the most loyal and brave Athena saints, I don't think I have to explain why, and as far as his battle prowess I think he is pretty much the Seiya of the gold saints, I think he should have: good and consistent average power, solid, flashy and "simple" techniques, never gives up, and a huge hidden potention, which makes him stronger and stronger as the situation requires it. The only thing that I think that Aiolos has and Seiya don't is that Aiolos is much more mature concerning his control over his own powers and cosmo.
I'm also really eager to see the extent of his arrow of justice powers.
 :aioros:

footloose

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
Re: I'm surprised that no one is discussing this
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
My fellow SS fan mentioned this offline the other day. Finally we will see Aiolos in action other than flashbacks and memories :P

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 03:43:16 AM »
We have talked about it in the SoG general thread but I am not going to say more about him until I do see him in action. ;)

Kanon82

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »
because probably we will see him as the last gold saint in order of appearence.. :D
if you think better, not even Dohko is shown enough in the Hades chapter..when he was fightning vs Shion, the fight wasn't showed.. and in the Hades kingdom neither..

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:23:08 PM »
unless the story/character of aiolos is being written from the author himself, i really dont care about cheap imitations.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:40:36 PM »
I disapprove of the clickbait style title of this topic.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »
Clickbait would be:  "You won't guess what Saint Seiya topic no one is talking about."

Tommyspud

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »
I can't wait to see him in action either, and I hope he's not just going to be that guy that just shoots arrows from long range and does pretty much nothing up close.

Recent Videogames tend to have him that way, which is kind of a disservice to any gold saint.

elias001

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:59 AM »
A lot of the Gold Saints we don't know much about in terms of their background stories.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 10:33:24 AM »
unless the story/character of aiolos is being written from the author himself, i really dont care about cheap imitations.

uhm Rai-sama, it doesn't matter the manga here... this whole section is about anime... so the manga part doesn't count here...

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »
I don't really care about seeing Aiolos in action. For me, he is more interesting as a martyr than anything else.
Also, he probably will use the "Atomic Thunderbolt", which is competing for lamest attack name in SS with "Great Horn", "Jumping Stone", and "Aurora Thunder Attack".

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 12:30:39 PM »
is competing for lamest attack name in SS with "Great Horn", "Jumping Stone", and "Aurora Thunder Attack".

Oh please...Greatest Caution, Kiss in the Darkness, Sweet Chocolate, Greed the Live etc etc...

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
Aiolia is the Gold Seiya....which is why he is one the main characters of the show LOL.... Aiolos is a bit too self sacrificing and I always thought of him as weak

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »
Oh please...Greatest Caution, Kiss in the Darkness, Sweet Chocolate, Greed the Live etc etc...

For me it's Greatest Cuation, always the first one to come to mind xD

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 01:45:50 AM »
I was going to add "Greatest Caution", but i thought "this list is silly enough".
Could also add "Ugly Eruption", "Silky Thread" and "Fairy Thronging"... or just Myu himself.