Author Topic: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama  (Read 5174 times)

NJ_

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 04:08:35 AM »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-17/dragon-ball-super-anime-story-details-unveiled/.89372

The August issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine is announcing new details about the upcoming Dragon Ball Super television anime series on Saturday.

Dragon Ball Super's story will take place shortly after the decisive battle with Majin Buu, and will contain plot elements that tie it to the recent Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' film. The characters Beerus and Whis will return from the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' films as regular characters in the series.

The magazine also contains a preview of the first episode's story:

"After defeating Majin Buu, life is peaceful once again. Ordered by Chi-chi to earn money, Goku works even as he wants to train even more. Meanwhile, Goten, about to become a brother-in-law to Videl, sets out on a journey with Trunks to find her a present."

NJ_

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 07:50:09 AM »

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:02 AM »
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/content/dragon-ball-super-0

100 episodes according to Toei Europe.

That's probably a generic fill in number. You don't really see "We're going for exactly 100" episodes. Either it tends to be some short 26 episode series with room for sequels, or it's an ongoing series based on a manga that continues until interest drops or the manga ends.

For Dragon Ball without a manga though? I doubt they have any planned count. Maybe they have some early arcs planned, with room to go on as long as interest is in the series. They could possibly go on for many years well beyond 100 episodes if fans demand it. If it gets crap ratings though, it could get cancelled early.

NJ_

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 01:57:37 AM »
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/06/19/new-dragon-ball-super-character-revealed-champa/

So "Fat Beerus" is named "Champa”, no info on who "Female Whis" is yet.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 02:47:43 AM »
Beerus? I thought his name was Bills. At least that's what I heard them call him in Battle of the Gods.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
Isn't it Beers, and Beerus is Funi's name for him? I always heard Bills is a mistranslation.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
Isn't it Beers, and Beerus is Funi's name for him? I always heard Bills is a mistranslation.

Beerus (ビルス) Birusu , although you know the r and l are interchangeable but oh well Beerus it is.

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 02:19:22 AM »
Cheer up, you don't have to see Ressurection F first, because Super's story starts somewhen after the defeat of Majin Buu and before Battle Of Gods.
Character designs on official page and Toyotaro's manga confirmed this. Looks like it will fill the gaps in-between the movies or will be a retelling.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 10:24:24 AM »
It looks like crap. Why the hell haven't Goten and Trunks aged at all? Hell, even Krillin looks different! Why is Vegeta back to wearing his saiyan armor? Bring back his Buu saga outfit dammit! I really don't like Videl's new design.

Akira has really lost his touch. I'm guessing it's because too many years have gone by since Dragonball ended and he forgot what made it so good.

I probably won't like Dragonball Super when I watch it.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
If it's anything like BotG, it'll be a breath of fresh air for the franchise; that movie was a ton of fun.  As for Vegeta's outfit, I don't see what the big deal is; his Buu saga outfit was practically the same thing, minus the vest.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »
If it's anything like BotG, it'll be a breath of fresh air for the franchise; that movie was a ton of fun.  As for Vegeta's outfit, I don't see what the big deal is; his Buu saga outfit was practically the same thing, minus the vest.

Not really, it was never explained how King Kai's planet is back in BoG or why Vegeta can suddenly get rage boosts when he couldn't before. Those were the two main plotholes that I noticed.  

No, Vegeta's Buu saga outfit is him in training clothes, it's different from his Cell saga outfit where he has sleeves. It's boring seeing him wear Saiyan armor all the time. I suppose that's his most iconic outfit but his Buu saga outfit was a really nice change. Besides, wasn't Vegeta supposed to wear less and less armor as the series progressed? This progressed all the way to GT where he wore civilian clothes.  Now he's back to wearing Saiyan armor? What does that say about him as a character? Has he become less of a good guy to signify the change back to his Cell saga outfit?

I'm guessing the fans are to blame for that. Also, Goten and Trunks still haven't aged and Goku's still the main hero so no it's not a breath of fresh air at all. It's more like the same old same old.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
Not really, it was never explained how King Kai's planet is back in BoG or why Vegeta can suddenly get rage boosts when he couldn't before. Those were the two main plotholes that I noticed.  

I'm guessing the fans are to blame for that. Also, Goten and Trunks still haven't aged and Goku's still the main hero so no it's not a breath of fresh air at all. It's more like the same old same old.

I assume that, since King Kai is a god, he just re-made the planet.  Hell, Beerus mentioned that he had destroyed it before, I think.  As for Vegeta, he was pissed and his wife's life was on the line.  Mothers have lifted cars off of children to save their kids before.  It's not far-fetched at all to think the same could happen to Vegeta.

What I liked about BotG was that Beerus wasn't some straight-up bad dude in town to do bad things.  He just wanted to have fun, and Goku was humbled in the process.  It wasn't just by Beerus' strength, but by the fact he had to rely on his friends and family to fight, as well.  Plus, Pilaf and the gang were back.

Animation-wise, though, the movie was a letdown.

I do agree that Goten and Trunks need to age a bit, but since they weren't looking any older in BotG, they really can't in this, since it's a prequel.  As for Goku still being in charge, he's never going away.  He's the poster boy for the franchise.  That being said, the other characters got a lot of focus in BotG; Goku was hardly the main focus.  I'm sure the TV series will be similar.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
I assume that, since King Kai is a god, he just re-made the planet.  Hell, Beerus mentioned that he had destroyed it before, I think.  As for Vegeta, he was pissed and his wife's life was on the line.  Mothers have lifted cars off of children to save their kids before.  It's not far-fetched at all to think the same could happen to Vegeta.

What I liked about BotG was that Beerus wasn't some straight-up bad dude in town to do bad things.  He just wanted to have fun, and Goku was humbled in the process.  It wasn't just by Beerus' strength, but by the fact he had to rely on his friends and family to fight, as well.  Plus, Pilaf and the gang were back.

Animation-wise, though, the movie was a letdown.

I do agree that Goten and Trunks need to age a bit, but since they weren't looking any older in BotG, they really can't in this, since it's a prequel.  As for Goku still being in charge, he's never going away.  He's the poster boy for the franchise.  That being said, the other characters got a lot of focus in BotG; Goku was hardly the main focus.  I'm sure the TV series will be similar.
Well if King Kai remade the planet why didn't he do that during the 7 years of peace after Cell was destroyed? Vegeta was pissed when Future Trunks was killed by Cell, but he didn't get any rage boost from that. He didn't even do any damage to Cell.

I thought the animation during God Goku and Beerus' fight was spectacular, but I didn't like the new plastic art style for the characters. Super will have the same art style unfortunately.

Where did you read about Super taking place before Battle of Gods? Isn't it after because of the two new Gods? One character that didn't get much focus in BoG was Gohan, who was beaten in only 2 hits by Beerus. Even Majin Buu lasted longer than Gohan in the extended version. I don't like how Akira is jumping on the Gohan hate train and making him weak like all the Goku and Vegeta fanboys want him to be. He had the most potential out of all the characters and it's a real shame that it was wasted.

NJ_

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Twitter