Author Topic: Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul Video Game!  (Read 44149 times)

Zeta

Re: Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul Video Game!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »

SageofTime

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 08:29:48 PM »
I would buy the game but I doubt it will come to the US

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 09:39:30 PM »
I would buy the game but I doubt it will come to the US

Guess what? It's coming :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYodSRqzF4#t=41

I find it highly ironic that they are calling it an 'all new Saint Seiya game!", considering what people have been discussing in the past couple of days. :smirk:

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »
I find it highly ironic that they are calling it an 'all new Saint Seiya game!", considering what people have been discussing in the past couple of days. :smirk:

This is what they really mean:

;)

SageofTime

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:10 PM »
Guess what? It's coming :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYodSRqzF4#t=41
I will get for PC probably because I don't own any playstation systems thank you Niello

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 01:48:27 AM »
how can anyone not see that this game is a promo-bait for SoG? it was made so people can buy more SoG merchandise.

chances are, there is not much difference than the last game, with only update being new characters and updated graphics.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 02:14:48 AM »
In a little interview preview thing, they said they were trying to increase the speed of the game. This is likely due to the PC and PS4 being able to do 60fps.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/12/saint-seiya-soldiers-soul-brings-knights-zodiac-ps4-ps3-pc/

You can see in the game footage that the dash is a little different, to me at least. It doesn't look like the stupid zig-zag thing from Brave Soldiers.

I've found that a lot of big name anime fighting games recycle stuff all the time (i.e. DBZ Budokai and Ultimate Ninja Storm.) Not just fighting games either, but the Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 RPGs recycled stuff as well, particularly from 2 to 3. I understand people's concern, but to judge a game just on the grounds that it reuses assets from the first game comes off as being needlessly hypercritical.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 05:26:01 AM »
how can anyone not see that this game is a promo-bait for SoG? it was made so people can buy more SoG merchandise.

chances are, there is not much difference than the last game, with only update being new characters and updated graphics.

Well I don't mind and to be honest I might just buy it because I didn't have Brave Soldiers...or any previous Saint Seiya video game...and look I can finally get it on PC, suck it PS4, once again it proved me that  I never needed the overrated Sony....

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 05:34:43 AM »
You can see in the game footage that the dash is a little different, to me at least. It doesn't look like the stupid zig-zag thing from Brave Soldiers.

Looks the same to me. The zig-zag isn't the main problem, it is they didn't design right where there is correct regulation of how much dashing you can do. Saint Seiya is not Dragonball. They made it too Dragonball... but like I said the ultimate problem is they are reusing the engine for Naruto... Again, Saint Seiya isn't Naruto either...

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »
I don't think they're reusing the engine from the Naruto games; nowhere in the info about this game or Brave Soldiers does it say CC2 was involved. 

Anyway, the engine changes sound promising.  What bothers me is all the same-ass attack animations.

@Mu:  Pegasus Rolling Crush was turned into Seiya's throw in Brave Soldiers.

SageofTime

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
I  just thought of something won't it be cool if they came out with a Saint Seiya game that was like Hyrule Warriors and Dynasty Warriors but the only problem I can think of is that everyone in the Saint Seiya universe calls out their attacks and that takes a little longer while in Hyrule Warriors Link, Zelda, Impa, Sheik etc. just attacked.

Fruitify

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
This game if unchanged or unchecked WILL suffer a balancing issues BS has.
I mean, have you seen Shun v1 fight with Seiya God cloth?  What is the point of obtaining a God cloth and get whipped to death by v1 cloth + spam moves?

If Shun is that strong then the whole series could just end quite quickly, Shun just go kick everyone's asses under the sea, in hell etc.

It is still going to get the $ from the fans though...

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 11:05:02 PM »
Anyway, the engine changes sound promising.  What bothers me is all the same-ass attack animations.
@Mu:  Pegasus Rolling Crush was turned into Seiya's throw in Brave Soldiers.

Like I said they recycle stuff and yes I know about the throws. I actually did play the game through with the orbs usage and stuff in Brave S. Just when I thought Ok they did something right but again, the balancing issues shows up again. If everybody can teleport what's the point of using Mu or Shion. If everybody can block with no limit, what's point of having a Dragon Shield...

The main problem is the whole dashing and suddenly appearing behind your opponent. That's Dragonball and Naruto shit. You can do it a few times but constantly not regulating how many times you can do it. It's not Saint Seiya...
This game if unchanged or unchecked WILL suffer a balancing issues BS has.
I mean, have you seen Shun v1 fight with Seiya God cloth?  What is the point of obtaining a God cloth and get whipped to death by v1 cloth + spam moves?
If Shun is that strong then the whole series could just end quite quickly, Shun just go kick everyone's asses under the sea, in hell etc.
It is still going to get the $ from the fans though...

Yer, one of the first comments from a fellow friend of mine was. How can Ichi defeat Hades so easily? It's stupid. ;)
I'm one of those guys who don't mind spam moves. I see as a challenge if my opponent can only win that way but yer, the balancing issue is one of the biggest problems.

The balancing issue is why I want them to use the Gundam Extreme Vs. system. They have the Cost system where a Original RX-78 Gundam would cost 2000 to die and a Nu Gundam would cost 3000. The total cost of a game is 6000. That way you don't have to limit the more powerful machines.  A more powerful machine can die 2 times but it can do more. A less power machine can die 3 times in a match but can do less.

You need some kind of system like this.

And don't get me started on they have yet to really design the games where Attack usage and Cloth damage is really a full on tactic that be can used in the game.  And hello! Real time cancelling and real fight combos! Even if they did adjust the game, without a real balancing sys like Gundam Extreme Vs or a real Saint Seiya tactic usage system. Everything they say is just for PR purpose to trick people to buy the game...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:13:03 AM by AriesMu188 »

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2015, 07:14:33 AM »
I can't really tell much difference except Aiolia's new cloth! the art, animation, ...etc looks almost the same