Author Topic: Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul Video Game!  (Read 45642 times)

ScyllaIo

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul Video Game!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
They should just do a DLC for the new Gold Cloths. I really do feel they will recycle character models, use up space for clones instead of adding different characters. An interesting thing would be adding the original God Warriors plus the new ones, but I'm not holding my breathe.

:scylla:

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »
They should just do a DLC for the new Gold Cloths. I really do feel they will recycle character models, use up space for clones instead of adding different characters. An interesting thing would be adding the original God Warriors plus the new ones, but I'm not holding my breathe.

:scylla:

Well it won't be exactly recycle, because it will be available for PC, so they will put extra work in it...

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »
Well it won't be exactly recycle, because it will be available for PC, so they will put extra work in it...

Technically wouldn't it be more suitable to call it recycled though? I mean unless they wouldn't including the models of the characters, codes, artworks, effects, voice acting, interface etc. etc. that were already in the previous games then they would be reusing the old stuff, and would indeed be reclycling things.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »
@vladko92

I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

They'll do what they've always done, add few characters here and there. Put a few game modes in there and pretend it's all new... DLC this and DLC that...

@Niello

Yer, recycled. Brave Soldiers had stuff from the PS2 days. The character renders had the same models and finishing blows scenes as the previous PS3 game. The only difference was the head render.

Anyway, people are free to call it whatever they want to make themselves happy and pretend old stuff is new but for people who live in the real world: adding only 20-30% is still considered recycling a game...

But the *real issue* is the fight mechanics, I wouldn't mind if they recycled *everything* if they just made a real fight mechanic just for Saint Seiya. If they put a fight mechanic similar to Gundam Extreme Vs., I'll buy the game tomorrow. ;)

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »
@vladko92

I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

They'll do what they've always done, add few characters here and there. Put a few game modes in there and pretend it's all new... DLC this and DLC that...

@Niello

Yer, recycled. Brave Soldiers had stuff from the PS2 days. The character renders had the same models and finishing blows scenes as the previous PS3 game. The only difference was the head render.

Anyway, people are free to call it whatever they want to make themselves happy and pretend old stuff is new but for people who live in the real world: adding only 20-30% is still considered recycling a game...

But the *real issue* is the fight mechanics, I wouldn't mind if they recycled *everything* if they just made a real fight mechanic just for Saint Seiya. If they put a fight mechanic similar to Gundam Extreme Vs., I'll buy the game tomorrow. ;)

I am holding my breath for English translation and Japanese voice pack xD

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 12:32:13 AM »
For Saint Seiya game to be a successful, I would suggest to add the following:

* Original Story
* More Special Attacks
* Customize your own Saint/Specter/Soldier/etc...

Similar to DBZ Xenoverse, as we know, SS Fans tends to create their own original Saints. I remember like 15 years back, I used to design my original Saints. However they should add more customization features and more items to customize not limited like DBZ Xenoverse.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 12:46:10 AM »
Yer also customise the attack and attack usage.

For example, I may just follow exactly the move set of a Camus but the way I use it or the way I rely on certain attacks may be different than another player...

On DBZ Xenoverse, they still following a sort of Naruto style fight mechanic, I still want an original style unique to Saint Seiya only... ;)

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 01:48:43 AM »
For Saint Seiya game to be a successful, I would suggest to add the following:

* Original Story
* More Special Attacks
* Customize your own Saint/Specter/Soldier/etc...

Similar to DBZ Xenoverse, as we know, SS Fans tends to create their own original Saints. I remember like 15 years back, I used to design my original Saints. However they should add more customization features and more items to customize not limited like DBZ Xenoverse.

You can customize your own Saint look and appearance... but not the cloths... they are taken directly from the manga... :) They have original story... even thought they do follow the main story, but there is too many side tracks to strictly be said that they follow the story....

For the more Special Attacks I am agree :)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 02:16:14 AM »
Vladko-kun you are talking about SSO aren't you?...because pretty sure you can't change a Saint's appearance in the offline games...also, you are still very limited in SSO, there only 5 different Cloths you can start off and all in all you can only have 3 Cloths in total. 1 Bronze, 1 Gold and 1 God. Where's Silver? since it's an online game you should be able to customize it more etc etc...can you imagine all the top players having God Cloths? there are only 5 of them anyway. I think that for an online game...the armor should be only a cosmetic thing...yes this does contradict everything in Saint Seiya but honestly...it would sell better because if you put it this way then...there's only one Pegasus, Dragon,Cygnus,Andromeda and Phoenix Saint...well one Saint for anything really...so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Also having only the L5 attack sets is rather boring and not so great.

Everything, from character design to world design feels cheap ( I know I have said it so many times already but it's frigging true).

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 10:57:26 AM »
Vladko-kun you are talking about SSO aren't you?...because pretty sure you can't change a Saint's appearance in the offline games...also, you are still very limited in SSO, there only 5 different Cloths you can start off and all in all you can only have 3 Cloths in total. 1 Bronze, 1 Gold and 1 God. Where's Silver? since it's an online game you should be able to customize it more etc etc...can you imagine all the top players having God Cloths? there are only 5 of them anyway. I think that for an online game...the armor should be only a cosmetic thing...yes this does contradict everything in Saint Seiya but honestly...it would sell better because if you put it this way then...there's only one Pegasus, Dragon,Cygnus,Andromeda and Phoenix Saint...well one Saint for anything really...so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Also having only the L5 attack sets is rather boring and not so great.

Everything, from character design to world design feels cheap ( I know I have said it so many times already but it's frigging true).

You have clear a wrong understandings for SSO cloths... there is around 10 cloths per class... and the classes are not just Phoenix, Andro, Cygnus, Pegasus and Dragon anymore... there is two more... Sea Dragon and Wyvern... God Cloths can be obtain for each one of their main classes... which makes a total of 7 god cloths and this year SEGA and Perfect World post that they plan to add the God Gold Cloths from the anime... so there will be 19 god cloths at the end of this year... :) your talent system is indeed concentrated over your class, 7 talent systems so far... but to unlock the talents from the system you should have each cloth for the proper class... which means you have to gather around 60-70 cloths...  that includes surplice... yes some of them are available like the 3 judges surplice and the Dark Cloths of the Black Saints... (Black: Cygnus, Andro etc... for each of the main 5 class)... and as I said around 20 or so surplice are available to be taken too.... so yea there is lots and lots of variety of cloths and some of them are a must to be taken, because they are needed for the classes talents system :) 

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2015, 11:39:43 AM »
If the game let me make my own Saint, I'd buy it as soon as I could. I'm obsessed with character creation.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »
Vladko-kun Sea Dragon and Wyvern are not Saints...so I am still limited to 5... what are the 10 Cloths for each class you are talking about? can you list them?

See that's the thing, they do force you to choose only one way...one class. What if I want to do let's say Royal Demon Rose with the Andromeda class? is that possible? like for instance do you have the Pisces' techniques once your Andromeda puts on the Pisces Cloth or would you still have the Andromeda set?

P.S they really should add Silver Cloths too...I am so dying for Lyra, Crateris and Cerberus :3

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »
Vladko-kun Sea Dragon and Wyvern are not Saints...so I am still limited to 5... what are the 10 Cloths for each class you are talking about? can you list them?

See that's the thing, they do force you to choose only one way...one class. What if I want to do let's say Royal Demon Rose with the Andromeda class? is that possible? like for instance do you have the Pisces' techniques once your Andromeda puts on the Pisces Cloth or would you still have the Andromeda set?

P.S they really should add Silver Cloths too...I am so dying for Lyra, Crateris and Cerberus :3

In the story, the Seadragon and Wyvern classes are spies with some random Cloth. Because... i dunno... there's so many Saints that any person can pose as a Saint?

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »
Vladko-kun Sea Dragon and Wyvern are not Saints...

0. so I am still limited to 5... what are the 10 Cloths for each class you are talking about? can you list them?

1. See that's the thing, they do force you to choose only one way...one class.

2. What if I want to do let's say Royal Demon Rose with the Andromeda class? is that possible? like for instance do you have the Pisces' techniques once your Andromeda puts on the Pisces Cloth or would you still have the Andromeda set?

3. they really should add Silver Cloths too...I am so dying for Lyra, Crateris and Cerberus :3

0. You are not limited to 5 classes, you can change to any of the other classes anytime you want, once you reach level 59, which is really easy (couple of hours play)

1. They don't force you to choose one way, one class... you can choose any of the five and later on when you hit 59 you can change to whichever class you want...

2. Of course you can... You can do Tenbou Horing with Virgo Cloth... and still use your andromeda skills (without the ultimate, unless you switch cloths...) or you can do Royal Demon Rose, Piranha Rose, Bloody Rose... once you raise the Pisces Gold Cloth to the proper level so you can unlock those ultimate skills... of course for Piranha Rose and Bloody Rose, you have to burn your cosmo and you are limited to 30 seconds... in which you can use 4-5 times the skill until you recharge your cosmo burst which happens fast...

3. Each one of the cloths you mentioend are available to earn and use... :)

PS: You can check all the cloths which are available here: click.

Follow the links at the end of the first post for the Gold Cloths and their skills and the boxes...

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
Soldiers' Soul official website
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »
http://seiya-ss.bn-ent.net/top.html

And the recycling continues...  :-_-U:

How many God Warriors will they have? ;)

Apparently Steam is for regions outside Japan...

Can't even do the the website correcttly, forgot Pegasus Rolling Crush:

http://seiya-ss.bn-ent.net/character/bs_top.html

Or Seiya suddenly lost an attack?  :smirk: