Author Topic: Anime that you are Currently watching or Anticipating?  (Read 10152 times)

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Anime your Currently watching or Anticipating?
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2015, 10:29:03 PM »
at the moment I'm watching

Yamada-kun and the seven witches  rate 10
Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold rate 9.5
Sailor Moon Crystal rate 9.5
My love Story !! rate 9
Plastic Memories rate 9.5

on hold

Uta no Prince Sama
Rinne
Gunslinger stratos
Triage x
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon - might consider dropping it though

dropped

Food Wars

Anime I look forward to watch this Summer

Akagami no Shirayuki Hime
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal 2
Charlotte
Aquarion Logos
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Sen'eki
Rokka no Yuusha
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
God Eater

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2015, 07:36:57 AM »
I hope Aquarion Logos is good.  I seem to be one of the few people that wasn't pissed off by Aquarion Evol's later bits; I still enjoyed it a ton.  However, I'm a bit worried about this new one because Shoji Kawamori isn't heading it this time. It also looks a bit more like generic anime than the previous two shows.

SageofTime

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2015, 11:07:44 PM »
I am currently watching and I don't know why but it is Yu Gi Oh Duel Monsters and its okay its better than the pokemon anime. I prefer Yu Gi Oh Season 0 (and I am watching that too) because it actually has a plot and doesn't surround card games plus its based off the manga.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 11:15:08 PM »
Blood Blockade Battlefront turned out to be even more amazing than I thought, looking forward to the finale.

For the upcoming ones, I'm definitely going watch Gangsta since I enjoyed the manga a lot, the Red-haired Snow White also looks interesting.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
I actually started reading Gangsta. because Tress got me into it - now I'm excited about the anime. It doesn't help Junichi Suwabe plays Worick... his voice was MADE for characters like that (Ren Jinguji, anyone?). ...I'm not entirely sure about Kenjiro Tsuda as Nic, though. Maybe if he uses his Chikage voice from Hakuouki, just more choppy to mimic a deaf person's speech? idk Anybody think Nic is like a carbon copy of Zoro from One Piece? Down to his crazy smiles? XD I also swear Haikyuu's mangaka might have based Kuroo's hairstyle and eyes on Nic.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2015, 01:52:01 AM »
Anybody think Nic is like a carbon copy of Zoro from One Piece? Down to his crazy smiles? XD I also swear Haikyuu's mangaka might have based Kuroo's hairstyle and eyes on Nic.

I think you just a great imagination...not everything new has to be based of One Piece..if you put it this way Beelzebub looks like baby Zoro...Rei Oogami (Code Breaker) looks like Light Yagami (Death Note), Komuro Takashi (Highschool of the Dead) looks like Kazuki Muto (Busou Renkin), Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass) and Aki Izayoi (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's) etc etc.

Similarities are bound to happen...the world of manga is pretty big and personality is no exception either.

Also have you ever thought that a lot of One Piece characters might be designed after real life people?

Jango = Steve Tyler

Bon Clay= Jim Carrey (Loyd Christmas)

Franky= Jim Carrey ( Ace Ventura)

Mr.5= Lenny Kravitz

Enel= Eminem

Whitebeard= Hulk Hogan

Iceberg= George Clooney

Peeply Lulu= Freddie Mercury

Doflamingo= Michel Polnareff

Law= Valentino Rossi

Capone Bege=Al Capone

Hody Jones= Michael Jackson

Robin= Louise Brook

Ace= Stevie Ray Vaughan

Shakky= Uma Thurman (Mia Wallace)

Kizaru= Kunie Tanaka

Aokiji/Kuzan= Yusaku Matsuda

Aikanu= Bunta Sugawara

Rob Lucci=  Harvey Keitels

Basil Hawkins = Joey Jordison

Ivankov= Tim Curry

and a few more I can't think of their names right now.

As well as  other fictional characters

Luffy= Tom Sawyer

Sabo= Dodger (Oliver Twist)

Dr. Hogback = The Penguin (Batman)

Inazuma= Cruella de Vil

SageofTime

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2015, 10:00:37 AM »
Jango = Steve Tyler

Bon Clay= Jim Carrey (Loyd Christmas)

Franky= Jim Carrey ( Ace Ventura)

Mr.5= Lenny Kravitz

Enel= Eminem

Whitebeard= Hulk Hogan

Iceberg= George Clooney

Peeply Lulu= Freddie Mercury

Doflamingo= Michel Polnareff

Law= Valentino Rossi

Capone Bege=Al Capone

Hody Jones= Michael Jackson

Robin= Louise Brook

Ace= Stevie Ray Vaughan

Shakky= Uma Thurman (Mia Wallace)

Kizaru= Kunie Tanaka

Aokiji/Kuzan= Yusaku Matsuda

Aikanu= Bunta Sugawara

Rob Lucci=  Harvey Keitels

Basil Hawkins = Joey Jordison

Ivankov= Tim Curry

and a few more I can't think of their names right now.

As well as  other fictional characters

Luffy= Tom Sawyer

Sabo= Dodger (Oliver Twist)

Dr. Hogback = The Penguin (Batman)

Inazuma= Cruella de Vil

You forgot Brook he looks like Slash from Guns N Roses

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
Yes, of course and like I said there are so many characters in One Piece that are based on real life people as well as fictional.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2015, 01:01:36 PM »
...I'm still betting Haikyuu's mangaka based Kuroo on Nic. XD

When Kuroo's got his trademark smirk on, he looks even more like "battle-crazy" Nic. XD http://www.zerochan.net/1734210 ...This seems to be more than just a coincidence. They have the same hair, the same eyes, the same eyebrows, a similar smile and even nearly the same face (Nic just looks older). They both also excel in sharp, snarky comments.

There's also no way this character design was based on a real person. Nobody has hair like that. (Also, Kuroo's hair is naturally in that shape - he sleeps while pushing two pillows into the sides of his face and it results in a permanent bedhead.)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »
As a protagonist yes...his hairstyle is unique but in general no...they are plenty not so important characters that do share his hairstyle. Also Kuroo's hair is slightly different from Nicolas' hairstyle. I have noticed 3 different hairstyle in one. Half of it is pushed back, the other half is spiky and a strand of straight hair on the front while Nicolas has one side straight and the other half a different hairstyle which by the way like I mentioned earlier is not unique to characters at all.

In our days I don't think there's something called unique hairstyle in manga...

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »
Except in Kurumada's stuff. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with insane hair like Hades's yet.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2015, 11:21:51 AM »
Maybe you are right. Or maybe we just don't know yet. I know he doesn't count but I do think Fou Lafine from Bt'X might actually have Hades' hairstyle (just not that long) but he does look more like the twins (Thanatos & Hypnos).

SageofTime

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »
I just finished Yu Gi Oh: Duel Monsters and I was wondering do any of you know if the yu gi oh spinoffs are good? I heard from a lot of people that the only 2 that are good are the original which I just finished and 5D's and GX and Zexal aren't good. I do agree that GX isn't good I started watching a little of it and its like "what am I watching?"

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2015, 12:21:19 AM »
I just finished Yu Gi Oh: Duel Monsters and I was wondering do any of you know if the yu gi oh spinoffs are good? I heard from a lot of people that the only 2 that are good are the original which I just finished and 5D's and GX and Zexal aren't good. I do agree that GX isn't good I started watching a little of it and its like "what am I watching?"

Yeah they are not good. 5D's had a good story but the turbo duels made it look stupid. Also the Virtual World, Waking the Dragons, Grand Championship seasons in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! are spin-offs but at least they were good.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2015, 11:11:46 AM »

I like what I've seen of 5D's; you get used to the riding duels.  I've always heard Zexal sucks.  The current one, ARC-V, is pretty fun. 

I've got a buddy who absolutely loves GX, and I know that series is probably the most well-liked of the spinoffs.  To each their own, I suppose; I haven't seen it yet, myself.