Author Topic: Anime that you are Currently watching or Anticipating?  (Read 10153 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Anime your Currently watching or Anticipating?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
Hey thanks, I didn't know they got that far already :P. Now, should I go for this or wait until I can get my hands on the Thai version?

No problem.

Sweet! thanks man, they don't have Dark Horse Comics in my local anime stores....no wonder why, should have gone for the comics store...but nevertheless I am going to order it instead. Again thank you! you are a lifesaver :3

It ain't no thang.  Hell, looking up stuff is essentially my job.  It's a good thing that I enjoy it.

Back when I used to live in the city, I'd always see Dark Horse's manga at the comic shop I visited every now and then.  It was about the only manga they carried, apart from Sailor Moon.  I guess the manga they publish are more apt to appeal to the US comics crowd.

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »
@Janet

Hmm....as far as first episodes go...

3.5 for Shokugeki no Souma...if they don't tone the ecchi down I think it might be better if just read the manga...at this point it's border hentai. I'll give it one more episode to redeem itself before I drop it for real.

4.0 for Soul of Gold

5.0 for Gunslinger Stratos

7.0 for Seraph of the End...although the next episode preview looks really boring.

7.0 for Aslan Senki

7.5 for Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Work

8.5 for Plastic Memories

9.5 for Kekkai Sensen

I'm not sure if I wanna continue watching Shokugeki no Souma, there's a little to much ecchi close to hentai for my liking <_< I'll give it 2 more episodes before I drop it ..
Seraph of the end beginning was a little boring but it got really good at the end .. I don't remember watching the trailer for the next episode but I hope it doesn't turn out boring
As for Plastic Memories I thought it was an amazing start I got some feels from watching it & for Gunslinger stratos I thought it was okay hope the next episode is better.

The other anime you mentioned I haven't watched yet but I did check out :

My Love Story!! which I really liked it's definitely a cute shojo anime .. I give it a 9.5
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Great start but I have a feeling this anime will turn out to be harem which I don't like -__- but I give it a 9
Triage X Well there's a whole lot of ecchi but the action is very good so I think I will make an exception with this Anime only .. Deserves a 9.5
Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold gets a 9 for me it was a great start ..
Rin-ne I get a mix of Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2 vibe here, it was definitely a slow beginning but I expect a lot from this anime.. my rate is an 8

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »
My Love story was great :D I would give it a 9.5 as well, although I do think Kekkai Sensen is a little better.

I have got the same feeling as you about Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? It doesn't hold my interest, I don't plan on watching more of it unless I heard something really good.
Kekkai Sensen is definitely my favourite so far, the second episode was funny and awesome!

Just take a look at the Ending. It just spells fun :P

The opening is also great.

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 09:17:32 PM »
My Love story was great :D I would give it a 9.5 as well, although I do think Kekkai Sensen is a little better.

I have got the same feeling as you about Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? It doesn't hold my interest, I don't plan on watching more of it unless I heard something really good.
Kekkai Sensen is definitely my favourite so far, the second episode was funny and awesome!

I've heard quite good things about Kekkai Sensen so definitely watching it tonight and will let you know my thoughts on the episode Niello :) The opening and ending songs from Kekkai Sensen on YouTube were taken down :( ...

As for My Love Story it was a great start its definitely going to be one of my favorite series from Spring .. Btw Have you tried watching Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches its considered Harem but the Main Characters like each other so I know for a fact they'll end up together plus it has some great Comedy which I'm sure you'll love  ... Another question have you liked Seraph of the End & Gunslinger Stratos so far??

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

I've heard quite good things about Kekkai Sensen so definitely watching it tonight and will let you know my thoughts on the episode Niello :) The opening and ending songs from Kekkai Sensen on YouTube were taken down :( ...

As for My Love Story it was a great start its definitely going to be one of my favorite series from Spring .. Btw Have you tried watching Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches its considered Harem but the Main Characters like each other so I know for a fact they'll end up together plus it has some great Comedy which I'm sure you'll love  ... Another question have you liked Seraph of the End & Gunslinger Stratos so far??

Here. The ending really is amazing :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2me6ke_kekkai-sensen-ed_music
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mpea3_kekkai-sensen-opening_shortfilms

And I'm really looking forward to My Love Story.

Yamada is okay-ish, I don't feel like continuing it though, kinda busy right now so I have other stuff to take care off. Seraph of End is okay so far, it got some credits for not making the school episode boring, but the first episode setting had so much potential for a much more interesting set up...and then they went with a pretty boring route. humanity still remains, MC drived by revenge...and that bit about having to fight his old friend...pretty unimaginative. I think the story would be better if they continue with the characters still inside the vampire territory.

As for Gunslinger Stratos, I find it to be really boring, the script is also poorly written..I'll probably skim over it each week to see if it get any better. By the second half they will probably start introducing characters from the second game, I'm hoping it would be better then.

SageofTime

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2015, 10:36:46 AM »
I just watched the first episode of InuYasha but the English dub is terrible but the series was really popular when it came out so I still plan on seeing the rest of the episodes.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:05:09 PM by SageofTime »

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »
Inu Yasha was the reason why I started watching subbed anime.  

I got the first DVD set as a present back when I was 14.  Back then, anime was pretty damn pricey in the States; even with companies like Aniplex, anime is still so much cheaper.  Anyway, when I got it, I had read a bunch of stuff on the internet about how dubs suck, and I thought they were just being silly.  Then I got about halfway through the first episode, and Kagome's VA couldn't act at all.  I switched it over and never looked back.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 10:58:30 PM »
I just watched the first episode of InuYasha but the English dub is terrible but the series was really popular when it came out so I still plan on seeing the rest of the episodes.

Just go for sub...it's almost always the better option, especially for anime with such a Japanese oriented setting...I would only recommend dubs if two requirements are fulfilled, 1) the dub is well done, and 2) The anime is set in a western or a fantasy version of a western country.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »
Inu Yasha was the reason why I started watching subbed anime.  

I got the first DVD set as a present back when I was 14.  Back then, anime was pretty damn pricey in the States; even with companies like Aniplex, anime is still so much cheaper.  Anyway, when I got it, I had read a bunch of stuff on the internet about how dubs suck, and I thought they were just being silly.  Then I got about halfway through the first episode, and Kagome's VA couldn't act at all.  I switched it over and never looked back.

You should always watch something in it's original language to fully enjoy it. Just like Lion King would be bad in Japanese dub. DUB is bad in every single way for anything. I remember when I was in Greece and they had a Mexican series and it was dubbed. I was laughing my ass off because it was ridiculous.

Seriously tho why do they dub stuff, it's easier to just sub things, dub is harder.

SageofTime

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2015, 10:40:08 PM »
You should always watch something in it's original language to fully enjoy it. Just like Lion King would be bad in Japanese dub. DUB is bad in every single way for anything. I remember when I was in Greece and they had a Mexican series and it was dubbed. I was laughing my ass off because it was ridiculous.

Seriously tho why do they dub stuff, it's easier to just sub things, dub is harder.
I agree I remember watching some Pixar movies in my German class and it was funny XD

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »

It apparently makes it far more likely that it'll sell past 5000 copies, and that streaming sites like Netflix are more apt to pick up the series:  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-05-08/.87878

I thought it was just a dumb waste of money, too, but apparently English-speaking dub watchers in anime still make up a sizable portion of the fanbase.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2015, 02:38:32 AM »
It apparently makes it far more likely that it'll sell past 5000 copies, and that streaming sites like Netflix are more apt to pick up the series:  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-05-08/.87878

I thought it was just a dumb waste of money, too, but apparently English-speaking dub watchers in anime still make up a sizable portion of the fanbase.

Or you could say the majority of the world population and it would still be as true.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2015, 10:44:49 AM »
I'm currently watching Silver Spoon and Terra E
They are pretty good shows :D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »
I'm currently watching Silver Spoon and Terra E
They are pretty good shows :D

Which of the two Terra E you are watching, the OVA or the series?

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2015, 03:38:47 PM »
I'm currently watching both Fairy Tail and One Piece.

As for shows I'm looking forward to, I've been meaning to watch the Fate, Aquarion and Naruto series for ages. The fact we're getting a new Fate series, two Aquarion series and a Naruto movie this year kind of helped me cement that list. XD