Author Topic: Anime that you are Currently watching or Anticipating?  (Read 10151 times)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Anime your Currently watching or Anticipating?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 09:26:47 AM »
Yeah...about that, I can't even find more than the first three chapters...how did you manage to find more of it? it was interesting but there is nothing more to it that I was disappointed.

There's no more scans on the net unfortunately (personally, I just managed to take a few peaks of the manga while I was in Japan), so right now you don't have much choice but to follow the anime as it comes out, and I feel that it's going add a fair amount of original stuff.

This one is probably going to be worth keeping an eye on though, if nothing else, it's from Trigun creator.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »
Yeah I know that why I was interested in it and I actually liked it...but need more of it, you know what I mean. Which is sad...I feel the same way when Shadow Skill was out (Okada's work) and I didn't even finish the manga...and I couldn't even find it in Japanese...so in the end I watched the anime which is he good still sad that I have never had the chance to read the manga.

SageofTime

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 10:27:26 AM »
I think I will also try to watch the Space Pirate Captain Harlock anime as well is this any good or is it as slow as the movie was?

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 07:10:36 PM »
Yeah I know that why I was interested in it and I actually liked it...but need more of it, you know what I mean. Which is sad...I feel the same way when Shadow Skill was out (Okada's work) and I didn't even finish the manga...and I couldn't even find it in Japanese...so in the end I watched the anime which is he good still sad that I have never had the chance to read the manga.

Well, if you want more of Blood Blockade Battlefront/Kekkai Sensen, it's been published through volume 7 in English:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=blood+blockade+battlefront

@SageofTime:  I've heard a variety of things, mostly that this is one of the big anime among old-school anime fans here in the States.  I've been meaning to watch it myself.  Could you post about it once you start?

SageofTime

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
@SageofTime:  I've heard a variety of things, mostly that this is one of the big anime among old-school anime fans here in the States.  I've been meaning to watch it myself.  Could you post about it once you start?
Yeah I could write what I think of it when I start to watch it. Its funny here in the States that the anime that people talked about I am not interested in like One Piece, Dragonball, and Naruto. I like the classic anime and manga better than todays.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2015, 09:35:51 PM »
Yeah I could write what I think of it when I start to watch it. Its funny here in the States that the anime that people talked about I am not interested in like One Piece, Dragonball, and Naruto. I like the classic anime and manga better than todays.

The 3 you mentioned are more or less classic though...out of all those I highly recommend reading One Piece (the books are a lot better). You'll be surprise at how good it is.

Well, if you want more of Blood Blockade Battlefront/Kekkai Sensen, it's been published through volume 7 in English:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=blood+blockade+battlefront

Hey thanks, I didn't know they got that far already :P. Now, should I go for this or wait until I can get my hands on the Thai version?

SageofTime

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »
The 3 you mentioned are more or less classic though...out of all those I highly recommend reading One Piece (the books are a lot better). You'll be surprise at how good it is.
I will try to read One Piece but there is so many volumes and more are coming out I don't know if I will catch up XD

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »
I will try to read One Piece but there is so many volumes and more are coming out I don't know if I will catch up XD

Don't try to think about catching up, just imagine that there are 10 volumes out or something and read at your own leisure. Once it comes out it's not going anywhere :P

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
So far I watched

Plastic Memories episode 1 which I give it a 10 really like the setting, animation & Characters
Uta No Prince Sama Maji Revolution episode 1 I give a 10 glad to see Starish & Quartet Night back but a little sad HE★VENS didn't appear ..
Gunslinger Stratos episode 1 I give it a 8
Seraph of the End episode 1 I give a 9.5
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma episode 1 this one had me like wtf am I watching people getting turned on by eating food o.o Anyways I give it a 8

Still waiting on:

Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold
Triage x
Yamada-kun and the seven witches
Rin-ne

Hope Crunchyroll streams all 4 Anime ^^

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2015, 11:09:47 PM »
@Janet

Hmm....as far as first episodes go...

3.5 for Shokugeki no Souma...if they don't tone the ecchi down I think it might be better if just read the manga...at this point it's border hentai. I'll give it one more episode to redeem itself before I drop it for real.

4.0 for Soul of Gold

5.0 for Gunslinger Stratos

7.0 for Seraph of the End...although the next episode preview looks really boring.

7.0 for Aslan Senki

7.5 for Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Work

8.5 for Plastic Memories

9.5 for Kekkai Sensen

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 11:52:38 PM »

Sweet! thanks man, they don't have Dark Horse Comics in my local anime stores....no wonder why, should have gone for the comics store...but nevertheless I am going to order it instead. Again thank you! you are a lifesaver :3

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 05:06:52 AM »
@ Seiya,

So, do you plan on watching the anime at all now that you've got the manga?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 06:04:31 AM »
@ Seiya,

So, do you plan on watching the anime at all now that you've got the manga?

Not yet, I never watch anime that is still fresh...need either to be completed or...at least exceeds the 50 episodes.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 06:26:44 AM »
Not yet, I never watch anime that is still fresh...need either to be completed or...at least exceeds the 50 episodes.

...Except Saint Seiya-related :)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 07:02:15 AM »
...Except Saint Seiya-related :)

Yes, I don't have the patience to wait for Saint Seiya LOL.