Author Topic: Anime that you are Currently watching or Anticipating?  (Read 10166 times)

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Anime that you are Currently watching or Anticipating?
« on: March 23, 2015, 10:46:17 PM »
Hiya my fellow Saint Seiya Fans so my question to you is what Anime are you currently watching or Anticipating to see this Spring  :face0:

Currently watching

Sunday without God
Yona of the Dawn
Kamisama Kiss
Noragami
Magic Kaito 1412
Sailor Moon Crystal
Blade of Tempest
Phi Brain: Puzzle of God
The Severing Crime Edge
D Gray-Man
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behaviors
Shining Tears x Wind
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan
Montly Girls Nozaki-kun
Aldnoah Zero

this Spring 2015 I'm excited to see

Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪: Maji Love Revolutions
Owari no Seraph
Triage X
Kekkai Sensen
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Kyoukai no Rinne
Plastic Memories
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches  
Etotama: Eto Tamashii
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid
Shokugeki no Souma
Vampire Holmes
Arslan Senki
Digimon Adventure (2015)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:10:01 AM by Tetsu Aero »

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Anime your Currently watching or Anticipating to see?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »
Right now:
- Garo: The Animation
- Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)
- Yoru no Yatterman (Yatterman Night)
- Death Parade
- Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
- Parasyte
- Shirobako
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April)

- Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!

Among these Death Parade is on its way to being a masterpiece. I'm enjoying the rest a whole lot...although when it come to that last one I don't even know why I am still watching (or skimming, to be precise) it...the jokes stopped being funny a long time ago.

To watch in the future whenever I have the time:

Durarara!! x2
Junketsu no Maria (Maria the Virgin Witch)
JoJos Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
The Tatami Galaxy
Neon Genesis Evangelion (yes...I still haven't watch it)

Spring 2015
So far the ones that appeal to me are:

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold (obviously)

Seraph of the End
Heroic Legend of Arslan
Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
Ghost in the Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture
Shokugeki no Souma

The first three are the ones I'm 100% sure I'm going to watch, the rest I'll see how they turn out.

And the ones I'm extremely looking forward to later in the year are One Punch Man and Gangsta  :bblushy:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:44:30 PM by Niello »

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 02:06:12 PM »
~Currently~
Garo
Parasyte
Yona of the Dawn
Black Jack OVA series
Armor Hunter Mellowlink
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!

~Soon~
JoJo Egypt Arc
Vampire Holmes
Seraph of the End
Aldnoah.Zero season 2
Heroic Legend of Arslan

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »
Currently watching:

Yurikuma Arashi
Bubblegum Crisis
Brain Powerd
City Hunter

Yeah, I don't really keep up with currently-airing stuff, nor do I watch too many things at once.

Plan to watch/get back to watching:

Mazinger Z*
Devilman
Gatchaman*
Tekkaman Blade

*Those shows are pretty long-running and episodic.  I tend not to watch more than ten eps at a time with those.

SageofTime

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:13:16 PM »
Watched in the Past:

Vampire Knight
Tokyo Mew Mew
Sailor Moon
Saint Seiya
Black Jack OVAs
Black Jack anime
Black Jack 21
Bride of Deminos OVA
Pokémon
Rurouni Kenshin
Rose of Versailles

Plan to Watch or Finish:

and I don't know what else nothing catches my eye

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:33:01 PM »
and I don't know what else nothing catches my eye

What sort of genres do you like? and which do you want to be emphasise more, good plot, story telling, world building, character development etc etc?

Personally though, I would recommend that you start with one of Ghibli films, such as Spirited Away, Nausica of the Valley of the Wind, Grave of the Fireflies, and Laputa Castle in the Sky.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is also a safe bet, it's really popular in the US.

SageofTime

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:53:11 PM »
What sort of genres do you like? and which do you want to be emphasise more, good plot, story telling, world building, character development etc etc?

Personally though, I would recommend that you start with one of Ghibli films, such as Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Grave of the Fireflies, and Laputa Castle in the Sky.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is also a safe bet, it's really popular in the US.
I like shojo and shonen I like the classic art style so that is how both Rose of Versailles and Saint Seiya caught my attention and the story has to be good

I also seen majority of the Ghibli movies I love Hayao Miyazaki's my favorites were Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Laputa Castle in the Sky, and Princess Mononoke :D

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
I like shojo and shonen I like the classic art style so that is how both Rose of Versailles and Saint Seiya caught my attention and the story has to be good

I also seen majority of the Ghibli movies I love Hayao Miyazaki's my favorites were Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Laputa Castle in the Sky, and Princess Mononoke

Let's see...

Fullmetal Alchemist, as mentioned. If you really don't like the artstyle of the 2011 ver. then start with the 2003 one.

I think you might enjoy Haibane Renmei. This one is more of a shoujo but I think it's worth watching for every demographic. The world building in this one is great, and so is the story. As you progress through the series it will give you more hint about the setting, the mysteries surrounding it and what is actually going on, as well as the the background of the characters and how they ended in the place. It starts a little slow but then it pick up.

For shounen there's Hunter x Hunter, I recommend reading it but there are two anime, the newer one goes farther into the story. This one is highly recommended.

Also:
Cross Game - A baseball manga/anime, Seiya will be able to convince you better than me, I think....and while you're at it go for Touch as well.
BECK - This one's a music anime/manga. Here's the opening. The manga is more UK focused, while the anime has more about US.
Monster - It's actually a seinen, but if you like suspend and extremely great story, then it won't disappoint you, also available as both anime and manga.
Kino's Journey - This one is episodic. It's about a girl named Kino and a talking motorycle named Hermes as they travel from country to country.

I think that will do for now.

SageofTime

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »
Let's see...

Fullmetal Alchemist, as mentioned. If you really don't like the artstyle of the 2011 ver. then start with the 2003 one.

I think you might enjoy Haibane Renmei. This one is more of a shoujo but I think it's worth watching for every demographic. The world building in this one is great, and so is the story. As you progress through the series it will give you more hint about the setting, the mysteries surrounding it and what is actually going on, as well as the the background of the characters and how they ended in the place. It starts a little slow but then it pick up.

For shounen there's Hunter x Hunter, I recommend reading it but there are two anime, the newer one goes farther into the story. This one is highly recommended.

Also:
Cross Game - A baseball manga/anime, Seiya will be able to convince you better than me, I think....and while you're at it go for Touch as well.
BECK - This one's a music anime/manga. Here's the opening. The manga is more UK focused, while the anime has more about US.
Monster - It's actually a seinen, but if you like suspend and extremely great story, then it won't disappoint you, also available as both anime and manga.
Kino's Journey - This one is episodic. It's about a girl named Kino and a talking motorycle named Hermes as they travel from country to country.

I think that will do for now.

Okay I will check those out thank you Niello :)

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »

I also seen majority of the Ghibli movies I love Hayao Miyazaki's my favorites were Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Laputa Castle in the Sky, and Princess Mononoke :D

The ones Niello mention sound really good you should definitely give them a try Sage XD Also if you like the old classics give the anime listed below a chance :)

Fushigi Ygi
Ceres, Celestial Legend
Inuyasha
Cardcaptor Sakura
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
Magic Knight Rayearth
Pretear
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

If you need anymore recommendations feel free to ask Sage I'll be happy to help  :D & for this spring definitely try giving Owari no seraph & Triage x a chance ..

Its Pretty cool We all share similar Anime  :puppyeyes:

@Niello I've heard quite good things about Death Parade I might give it a try once I'm done watching Yona of the Dawn and I believe Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE is done already but if there were to be a second season would you watch it?

Hehe I can tell your a one punch fan Niello xD Oh and I kinda dropped Junketsu no Maria after the second episode don't know why though ..

@GVmanx Gatchaman is a pretty long Anime very similar to Saint Seiya on episodes ...

@Cadraire Have you read Owari no Seprah manga?? Btw Season 2 of Aldnoah is pretty good I wont give you any spoilers though :p

SageofTime

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 09:15:30 AM »
The ones Niello mention sound really good you should definitely give them a try Sage XD Also if you like the old classics give the anime listed below a chance :)

Fushigi Ygi
Ceres, Celestial Legend
Inuyasha
Cardcaptor Sakura
Magic Knight Rayearth
Pretear
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

If you need anymore recommendations feel free to ask Sage I'll be happy to help  :D & for this spring definitely try giving Owari no seraph & Triage x a chance ..

Its Pretty cool We all share similar Anime  :puppyeyes:

Ok I check those out too thank you Janet :D

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Anime your Currently watching or Anticipating?
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:07 PM »
Those are considered old?  I better check for grey hairs...  Anyway, I liked Monster and Kino's Journey. ^-^
And TRC and Rayearth (but I read the manga instead of the anime)

Finished Yona of the Dawn. Time to start on the manga~
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! - finished. funny and weird. got kinda blah in the middle but the final battle was good. XD

I was planning to read Owari no Seprah manga but when I heard there was gonna be an anime I put it on hold.

I'll toss out some rec's too.  First several go for Janet as well.

The Vision of Escaflowne     (fantasy, mecha, shoujo)
Toward the Terra               (dystopia, space, drama, espers)
Towa no Quon                   (action, mutant super powers)
Venus Wars                       (sci-fi, motorcycles, tanks, war, movie)
Arion                                 (Greek Mythology, action/adventure, movie)
Casshern Sins                    (action, bleak world)
Giant Robo the Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still   (action, giant robots lol, special powers)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Anime your Currently watching or Anticipating?
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
I'm currently watching
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam G Reqouignista
Gundam the Origin
Garo
Sailor Moon Crystal
Soukyuu no Fafner Dead Aggressor - Exodus
Shirobako

Just finished
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

Will watch
Digimon Adventure Tri
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works - second half starts soon! :D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »
Fushigi Ygi
Ceres, Celestial Legend
Inuyasha
Cardcaptor Sakura
Magic Knight Rayearth
Pretear
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

@Niello I've heard quite good things about Death Parade I might give it a try once I'm done watching Yona of the Dawn and I believe Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE is done already but if there were to be a second season would you watch it?

Hehe I can tell your a one punch fan Niello xD Oh and I kinda dropped Junketsu no Maria after the second episode don't know why though ..

Lemme guess, a Clamp fan? :D

I feel like Death Parade might not be the kind of anime you like, but I could be wrong. In any case, do give it a chance, by all means :)

I don't know about the Love defense club (haven't watch the last episode yet), but I'll probably watch it if I'm really bored. The anime itself is good at the start, but I feel like it got weaker each episode, although it has definitely acomplished the it set out to do, so I'll say it's a success.

I skimmed over the first episode of Maria and instantly decided that it's something I prefer to marathon rather than waiting week to week. I have heard good things about it though.

Yes, I love One Punch Man, it gave me similar feelings when I read One Piece, despite the fact that they're totally different :).

Those are considered old?  I better check for grey hairs...  Anyway, I liked Monster and Kino's Journey. ^-^

The Vision of Escaflowne     (fantasy, mecha, shoujo)
Toward the Terra               (dystopia, space, drama, espers)
Towa no Quon                   (action, mutant super powers)
Venus Wars                       (sci-fi, motorcycles, tanks, war, movie)
Arion                                 (Greek Mythology, action/adventure, movie)
Casshern Sins                    (action, bleak world)
Giant Robo the Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still   (action, giant robots lol, special powers)

Nah, not that old xD Just artstlyes that's not too new, and yay for Kino and Monster :P

Escaflowne and Casshern Sins have been on my watchlist for a long long time, and they're still on there...I really need to get a start on those.

I think I know you're watching that the moment you mentioned Ufotable in the other thread XD

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 07:08:03 PM »
Lemme guess, a Clamp fan? :D

I feel like Death Parade might not be the kind of anime you like, but I could be wrong. In any case, do give it a chance, by all means :)

I don't know about the Love defense club (haven't watch the last episode yet), but I'll probably watch it if I'm really bored. The anime itself is good at the start, but I feel like it got weaker each episode, although it has definitely acomplished the it set out to do, so I'll say it's a success.

I skimmed over the first episode of Maria and instantly decided that it's something I prefer to marathon rather than waiting week to week. I have heard good things about it though.

Yes, I love One Punch Man, it gave me similar feelings when I read One Piece, despite the fact that they're totally different :).

Yes very much :D

Haha really what makes you think that?? :o If Death Parade is similar to Blue Exorcist or Akame ga Kill I might consider watching it I do enjoy from time to time some gore and a lot of action in Anime ..

I heard really good things about Love defense club on Cr it seemed very popular amongst guys though xD I found many guys fanboying over the series, so I wonder if that would be enough to make another season??

It might be the animation that turns me off from Maria and its strange because I don't care about the animation on any Anime but I couldn't handle the weird faces on the characters of Maria :( but maybe I'll consider giving it another chance in the future

What is One Punch Man about Niello? :) Sounds like a good Anime ..

I'm currently watching
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam G Reqouignista
Gundam the Origin
Garo
Sailor Moon Crystal
Soukyuu no Fafner Dead Aggressor - Exodus
Shirobako

Just finished
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

Will watch
Digimon Adventure Tri

Have you enjoyed Sailor Crystal and Soukyuu no Fafner Dead Aggressor - Exodus so far??

And TRC and Rayearth (but I read the manga instead of the anime)

Finished Yona of the Dawn. Time to start on the manga~
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! - finished. funny and weird. got kinda blah in the middle but the final battle was good. XD

I was planning to read Owari no Seprah manga but when I heard there was gonna be an anime I put it on hold.

The Vision of Escaflowne     (fantasy, mecha, shoujo)
Toward the Terra               (dystopia, space, drama, espers)
Towa no Quon                   (action, mutant super powers)
Venus Wars                       (sci-fi, motorcycles, tanks, war, movie)
Arion                                 (Greek Mythology, action/adventure, movie)
Casshern Sins                    (action, bleak world)

Hahaha no not that old like Niello said its the drawings that make it a little old but very enjoyable to watch :) I'm planning to watch Owari no Seprah first before reading the Manga as well but I've heard the Manga is very good ..

I love the romance in The Vision of Escaflowne its beautiful  ..

Ok I check those out too thank you Janet :D

No problem sage :) let me know me if you like any of them ..