Author Topic: Saint Seiya in Media  (Read 7267 times)

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya in Media
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »
did 'it shaka and shijima do this already as well as the 13th saint just by reviving?

We don't know yet how the 13th will come back.
And I assume you are refering to the "battle" between Shijima and the projection of Shaka, where Shijima was going to use some silence technique that represented the end of the universe. This fits the rest of the series, lots of exaggeration. The Galaxian Explosion just damages the Pope's Hall; the Athena Exclamation, said to be as powerful as the Big Bang, only razes a garden, and the clash of two of these just explodes the Virgo Temple.

My problem isn't that SS characters are shown more powerful than they really are. My problem is that using misinformation to judge a topic, or worse, to win and argument is highly toxic.

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »
And I assume you are refering to the "battle" between Shijima and the projection of Shaka, where Shijima was going to use some silence technique that represented the end of the universe. This fits the rest of the series, lots of exaggeration. The Galaxian Explosion just damages the Pope's Hall; the Athena Exclamation, said to be as powerful as the Big Bang, only razes a garden, and the clash of two of these just explodes the Virgo Temple.

My problem isn't that SS characters are shown more powerful than they really are. My problem is that using misinformation to judge a topic, or worse, to win and argument is highly toxic.

The  problem is, your seeing it from a viewpoint you want to and not what further evidence is showing.

Both AE and the clash are detailed abilities, can't be exaggerated if it's in your face and explained.

Having said amount of destructive energy doesn't mean it needs to destroy the equivalent of said energy everytime, like superman taking a nova level blast but said blast only creating a small creator, a random blast from villains in dbs hitting the ground not destroying a planet,  metalgreymon having nuke missiles but never destroying a city are all these are examples  of  focused energy,  as explained in the series it's simply focused.

Misinformation happens, even mega fans forget or miss remember some things, this being a Japanese series  where bad translations  happen, misinformation is spread and believed often, misinformation is almost impossible to avoid to some degree.  But there is a big difference between misinformation to win a topic and someone presenting information based on logic and reason that you may disagree with to win a topic.

ZakAttak18

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »

The attacks in Saint Seiya are compressed to the point so that they only attack their opponent with little collateral damage. That's why their attacks look weak when compared to shows like Dragon Ball Z.
"When did I start waiting for my opponent to make the first move?"

-Chairman Netero

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »
The  problem is, your seeing it from a viewpoint you want to and not what further evidence is showing.

Both AE and the clash are detailed abilities, can't be exaggerated if it's in your face and explained.

Having said amount of destructive energy doesn't mean it needs to destroy the equivalent of said energy everytime, like superman taking a nova level blast but said blast only creating a small creator, a random blast from villains in dbs hitting the ground not destroying a planet,  metalgreymon having nuke missiles but never destroying a city are all these are examples  of  focused energy,  as explained in the series it's simply focused.

Misinformation happens, even mega fans forget or miss remember some things, this being a Japanese series  where bad translations  happen, misinformation is spread and believed often, misinformation is almost impossible to avoid to some degree.  But there is a big difference between misinformation to win a topic and someone presenting information based on logic and reason that you may disagree with to win a topic.

I'm talking from the point of view of what evidence is showing. It doesn't matter what the characters say, only what happens. If the explanation says A and the end result is B, it means the explanation is wrong.
This focused power argument isn't evidence, it's only a crutch that can dismiss anything that happens. All it does is cheapen the power scale. Being able to destroy a world becomes the same as being able to break glass.

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »
I'm talking from the point of view of what evidence is showing. It doesn't matter what the characters say, only what happens. If the explanation says A and the end result is B, it means the explanation is wrong.
This focused power argument isn't evidence, it's only a crutch that can dismiss anything that happens. All it does is cheapen the power scale. Being able to destroy a world becomes the same as being able to break glass.

That's in your point of view which s narrow a flawed, Also they have shown just not everytime, in fact you don't need to destroy something to show you have said energy, you can say create an eclipse, move a planet these are great examples of power cause in the end it's all just energy.

No that's ridicules, it doesn't cheapen anything, infect it expands it, it shows energy or power can be conducted in multiple ways, and just because you might not want  to see it that way dose not mean it's not there.