Author Topic: Saint Seiya in Media  (Read 7853 times)

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Saint Seiya in Media
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:55:19 PM »
Simply, I wanted to know any references for Saint Seiya you found in other animes/games/...etc. If there are things Saint Seiya used from other media It would be good to mention, anyway below you will find some I found

King Of Fighters (The popular SNK Fighting Game)

- In KOF 2002 Unlimited Match, Krizalid (The final boss of KOF 1999) gets a new ultimate technique where he spam the opponent with light strokes, similar to Aiolia's Lightning Plasma!

- Igniz (The Final Boss of KOF 2001) gets a new ultimate technique, where he uses Gemini Saga position to unleash the attack, take the opponent to a black hole/dimension and the cosmo/universe like appears around his hands. In fact IIRC his ultimate technique name is: "Universe Explosion"!!!

- Chris is a girl-like boy who is also the host for Orochi (One of KOF Gods) similar to Shun/Alone. Interestingly enough Alone does have the same hair as Chris when he was kid

- Athena (The school girl in KOF) does have the same hair color and style as Saori

- Heidern gets a new ultimate technique which is almost identical to Shura's Excalibur additionally the opponent cannot guard!

Super Robot Wars

- One of the funny things in the game, Ryusei (The main pilot of SRX) repeatedly asks Raidees (The second pilot of SRX who looks like Hyoga) to give him name for his attacks where the latter usually refuse. But in the end Raidees suggests a name for an ultimate attack and he called it: "Galaxian/Galaxy Phantom Explosion". Raidese seiyuu share the same seiyuu of Gemini Saga (Ryōtarō Okiayu)!

- When Shu Shirakawa uses his signature technique "Black Hole Cluster", Granzon (The robot) preparation to fire the attack is almost the same as Gemini Saga when he uses the: "Galaxian Explosion" in Hades. Note that Saga's powers can cut/bend space and time, the funny thing Granzon does have similar powers!

- In recent Saint Seiya Lost Canvas Manga, Gemini Aspros gets a mini black hole technique! similar to Granzon's Mini-Black Hole Technique! Not only that, Aspros pose on the Gaiden cover is the same pose Shu Shirakawa have when he fire his ultimate technique: "Shoku tai Ho" Note that Shu is considered the #1 badass in SRW OG MasouKishin, similar to how Gemini Aspros is in LC Manga.

- The way Shu Shirakawa calls the Granzon's Sword to use in battle, is similar to how Saga calls the Gemini Cloth using Another Dimension!

- Ingram (The former captain of the SRX Team and the pilot of R-Gun/Astranagant) uses similar power to Gemini Saga (Cutting space and time). Interestingly enough they both have long blue hair! additionally, Cobray/Ingram twisted relation is similar to that of Gemini Saga & Gemini Kanon! In addition to that Ingram is the master mind in the first saga where he betrays the team. The good side of Ingram (Cobray) have a grey hair!

- The two Gemini twins in Mason Kishin III & Coffin of the End, resembles the Gemini girls in SS Omega (Paradox and her twin sister, I can't remember her name now)

- There are other similarities e.g Masaki and Kouga (they also share the same seiyuu). Solgady's design resembles Rhadamnthys (Saint Seiya) Wyvern Surplice.

There are multiple references of Saint Seiya in Bleach, Gintama, Yu-Gi-Oh!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:05:56 AM by Saga »

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya in Media
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:37:07 AM »
mortal kombat 3, nightwolf's fatality is like the starlight extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6qCLbt3F54
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
I made a thread a ways back about how an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V had some pretty clear Saint Seiya references:  http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=9166.0

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:30:51 PM »
- In one of the episode preview for Magi anime, Alibaba said "Moero! ore no Magoi! honoo ni nare!" (Burn! my Magoi! Turn into flame!). The burn my magoi part is a reference to Saint Seiya's "Moero! ore no cosmo!" "Burn! My cosmo!"

- This is just my own speculation but there's a glimpse of an unknown past magical girl in episode 11 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica that resembles a certain someone.

This maybe coincidental but unlike other examples the girl here doesn't have clear identity like Cleopatra, Himiko or Joan of Arc, and not much stands out in that image except the purple hair.

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 12:19:36 AM »
Phoenix Ikki and Andromeda Shun in Assassinations Classroom Anime

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 12:29:09 AM »
Phoenix Ikki and Andromeda Shun in Assassinations Classroom Anime

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Wow! That's neat! I don't think that's in the manga :D

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »
@Niello
lol yeah

More >>>

Seiya in Yu-Gi-Oh

In the same Episode, Shiryu appears as well in Yu-Gi-Oh

And here a funny scene in Gitama, two characters are trying to dance the same stupid dance Saints perform before attacking:

https://youtu.be/331AR7ejqjE

And in Anime Hayate No Gotoku, another attempt to dance like Hyoga's dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBTill0TARI

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
TMR was in a chewing gum(?) commercial two years back called Zeus.
He had made some Saint Seiya looking armor for himself for the appearance.
Have a looksie :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz_oOyinbeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvfEmVxsAw

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
TMR was in a chewing gum(?) commercial two years back called Zeus.
He had made some Saint Seiya looking armor for himself for the appearance.
Have a looksie :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz_oOyinbeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvfEmVxsAw

Cool but whats with the short, it suits girls more :P

Bonjour anime - A scene where some characters using the same pose of Gold Saints when performing Athena Exclamation >>>

min. 3:08 - 3:38
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jhyly

:D

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:47 AM »
I know of a Finnish one! There is a Finnish pseudo-manga called Vartijat i.e. The Guardians. The main character is called Seiya - he's half-Finnish and half-Japanese, and a descendant of the Kullervo clan, a family of "Guardians" who protect the human world from mythical creatures. The author of the manga has actually stated he named his Seiya after OUR Seiya - he grew up in Japan during his childhood years, and happened to watch Saint Seiya while he was there.

Apparently Hayate no Gotoku! has several Saint Seiya references - the mangaka is a fan of the series.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam was also inspired by Saint Seiya.

Super Robot Wars

- One of the funny things in the game, Ryusei (The main pilot of SRX) repeatedly asks Raidees (The second pilot of SRX who looks like Hyoga) to give him name for his attacks where the latter usually refuse. But in the end Raidees suggests a name for an ultimate attack and he called it: "Galaxian/Galaxy Phantom Explosion". Raidese seiyuu share the same seiyuu of Gemini Saga (Ryōtarō Okiayu)!

- Ingram (The former captain of the SRX Team and the pilot of R-Gun/Astranagant) uses similar power to Gemini Saga (Cutting space and time). Interestingly enough they both have long blue hair! additionally, Cobray/Ingram twisted relation is similar to that of Gemini Saga & Gemini Kanon! In addition to that Ingram is the master mind in the first saga where he betrays the team. The good side of Ingram (Cobray) have a grey hair!

- The two Gemini twins in Mason Kishin III & Coffin of the End, resembles the Gemini girls in SS Omega (Paradox and her twin sister, I can't remember her name now)

- There are other similarities e.g Masaki and Kouga (they also share the same seiyuu).

...Rai seriously did that?! XD Talk about Banpresto having a sense of humor... unless that was an adlib from Okki. (Though, Elz- Rätsel yelling "UNIVAAAAAAAASU!" during a Gespenst Kick might suggest the script-writers were behind everything. So many adlibs is too much of a coincidence.)

Ingram actually didn't betray them, so to speak. He WAS mind-controlled, but he was on the heroes' side even then. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I've seen the fandom mention something about "how he goes from good to evil, but then it's finally revealed that he had been helping the heroes all long, despite being fucking mind controlled."

The Gemini twins were Nico and Rico Sandreave (while Paradox's sister was Integra). I have no idea how to translate their last name.

Masaki is actually slightly different from Kouga. ...Asakim Dowen, from the Z games, was an immortal man trying to look for a way to die. At the end of the latest game, Z3's Celestial Prison Chapter, he FINALLY dies and his soul travels to another time loop. And he reincarnates into Masaki. So it was revealed that Masaki actually doesn't 'grow up' into Asakim... he WAS Asakim. In the past.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 10:47:58 AM »

Mobile Fighter G Gundam was also inspired by Saint Seiya.

Eh, I dunno. I don't really recall anything too Saint Seiya-y in G Gundam, though I could be forgetting. The series mainly draws on wuxia novels.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »
Eh, I dunno. I don't really recall anything too Saint Seiya-y in G Gundam, though I could be forgetting. The series mainly draws on wuxia novels.

Their Gundams (armors if you will) turning Gold?

Rask

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 04:16:09 PM »
In Berserk chapter 226, Puck's reaction to the Berserker Armor. Click to expand:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:46:11 AM by Rask »

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »
Their Gundams (armors if you will) turning Gold?

Possibly.