Author Topic: My Review of Saint Seiya LoS  (Read 8656 times)

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: My Review of Saint Seiya LoS
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
@Janet
I noticed in a different thread you asked why a lot of people didn't like the movie here are the reasons in case you wanted to know

I noticed that a lot of people said it was Final Fantasy Advent Children or Michael Bay's Transformers

The movie was very rushed if you do not know Saint Seiya and you are seeing this movie you won't know what is going on even the critics said that

Fight Scenes from the anime and manga were not included like Ikki vs. Shaka and Shun vs. Aphordite or were too short like Hyoga vs. Camus

Aphordite died too quickly

Milo as a female saint but I notice different opinions on this but I did not like it

Seiya was more of a dork than in the manga and anime and Saori had a moe voice (I don't know if this is a reason but I know a lot of people complain about it)

A lot of things were random like Saga turned into a video game boss and the gold saints fighting an Anubis statue

Deathmask was like he came out of a Disney movie

Thank you for the info Sage this are some very interesting reasons why LoS got so much hate :o

The animation really reminded me of Final Fantasy a lot but is that bad though? As for the pacing I thought it was a little fast as well they didn't really give each Bronze Saint enough screen time to fight every Goldie and they didn't really give a good explanation on what the Saint Seiya world was about ..

I heard Aphrodite never died though was that incorrect  ?

Even though Milo was Beautiful in LoS it was weird seeing him as Woman I prefer him as man he just looks better as his original self .. So I understand where your coming from when you were disappointed for the changes in his character I would've been the same if they decided to change Aioria or Seiya into a girl -_- .. They would received a long letter from me explaining my thoughts on there ridiculous decision  :angry:

& my opinion on the random stuff they put in the movie was that they really didn't put effort but I really didn't mind as long as I was enjoying it I wouldn't complain but in the battle between Shiryu versus Deathmask that was just unacceptable.. A whole different case -___- Was I was watching a Disney Musical there???? o.O

Haha I honestly enjoyed Seiya's dorky self in the movie I actually thought it was quite cute, it might be because in real life I like guys who are dorky and cute :p So I supported his new version and Athena's voice was adorable it kinda reminded me of how I talk jkjk but I had no problem with it either ..

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2015, 12:37:41 AM »
The animation really reminded me of Final Fantasy a lot but is that bad though?

That in itself wasn't a bad thing. The bad point is that Saga, instead of fighting as a Saint (he is human in the manga and anime) turns into a Big Boss like Sephiroth or Seymour in their final forms in the games.

the battle between Shiryu versus Deathmask that was just unacceptable.. A whole different case -___- Was I was watching a Disney Musical there???? o.O

Well.... there is an abridged version of the movie (only the first half) in French, at the end (8:57) there put Scar's song (Be Prepared) for Death Mask :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmiQ7QvULWI
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »
1. The animation really reminded me of Final Fantasy a lot but is that bad though?
2. As for the pacing
3. I heard Aphrodite never died though was that incorrect  ?
4. Milo

1. lets try this example: if you really don't mind buying a Mercedes benz with a ford pinto engine and cheap Hyundai benz-rip off body, while payin full price for a benz with a benz title, I m happy for you. if it looks and feels like everythin final fantasy but none of saint seiya while callin it saint seiya, there is no forgiveness for this shit. this belongs to the same category as Final fantasy: the spirits within. both movies are nothing like their own franchise.  LoS is worse than omega, and I thought it couldn't be possible. toei managed to outdone themselves. nice job.

2. that by itself is bad planning, and you already said it yourself.

3. saga dumped him into another dimension and the dimension spit him out 1000 ft in the air. sorry, flower boy fell to his death. which is stupid by itself because the saints (or anyone in the story) never fell to their deaths before. another reason to hate this shit.

4. as I said 2 million times before, do not do "diversity" randomly. if you turn milo into a girl, do so to a few others too. shaka, mu, camus are all good examples to turn, so really, why just milo randomly? now it is just a cheap random change with no positive shock value.

I m glad you actually enjoyed the movie. I m just guessing that you've never read the manga before, or that you like the graphics, flash over substance. I m sure you saw the reactions on the forum. some hate it because it wasn't saint seiya, some hated it because it was poor planning and execution. but all in all, glad that you liked it.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

SageofTime

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2015, 04:06:37 PM »
some hate it because it wasn't saint seiya, some hated it because it was poor planning and execution. but all in all, glad that you liked it.
Well I read comments not just on here on the forums but other places that people the same reasons that I listed earlier that. But there were a few that liked it but I am thinking that they liked it is because they are anime only-watchers and not all anime follows the manga closely or like watching movies that are terrible either one. BTW I not referring to people on the forum people here are knowledgeable of the series unlike other places.

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »
Well I read comments not just on here on the forums but other places that people the same reasons that I listed earlier that. But there were a few that liked it but I am thinking that they liked it is because they are anime only-watchers and not all anime follows the manga closely or like watching movies that are terrible either one. BTW I not referring to people on the forum people here are knowledgeable of the series unlike other places.

it really doesn't matter if you are a fan, a die-hard, or newbie to the series, if you watched a movie (ANY movie) with a 'what the shit did I just watched' thought on your mind, that movie is bad. LoS is poor in planning and execution first, inconsistent to source second. sure it has nice graphics, but can you be satisfied with a burger that looks great but smells like shit?
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »
But there were a few that liked it but I am thinking that they liked it is because they are anime only-watchers and not all anime follows the manga closely or like watching movies that are terrible either one. BTW I not referring to people on the forum people here are knowledgeable of the series unlike other places.

I have never seen anyone saying I liked the movie and I don't know what Saint Seiya is. I watched it with my girlfriend, she didn't know Saint Seiya and she said that she had no idea what was going on. The worst movie she had ever seen.

Even in this forum you will find people that they said they liked the movie. I am pretty sure tho that the only reason why they said that it's because it's Saint Seiya and we have to support it, it's Saint Seiya and we should be glad we had it...other than that they are just lying to themselves. 

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2015, 11:51:09 PM »
Even in this forum you will find people that they said they liked the movie. I am pretty sure tho that the only reason why they said that it's because it's Saint Seiya and we have to support it, it's Saint Seiya and we should be glad we had it...other than that they are just lying to themselves.  

This happens to every franchise. Look the fanboys who keep saying Dark Knight Rises was perfect. I get it you love Batman, so do I. But that movie had so many problems. Another example the Star Wars prequels, now some fanboys are willing to admit they're not good after so many years but why did you brainwash yourself into liking them in the first place? I remember back then watching a news report with a dude saying if he doesn't like it, he will watch The Phantom Menance as many times it takes to like it.  If you're on that crazed level, you can't really accuse people who disagree with you and accuse them of being just haters...

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2015, 12:45:50 AM »
3. saga dumped him into another dimension and the dimension spit him out 1000 ft in the air. sorry, flower boy fell to his death. which is stupid by itself because the saints (or anyone in the story) never fell to their deaths before. another reason to hate this shit.

I think Aphrodite was already dead when he came out of the dimension. Which is even worse, how the hell did he die ?!!

I really think the graphics are not a problem, but as you said :

can you be satisfied with a burger that looks great but smells like shit?

Nope.

Oh, and as for that :
I remember back then watching a news report with a dude saying if he doesn't like it, he will watch The Phantom Menance as many times it takes to like it.

You have to be crazy to do it CONSCIOUSLY to yourself.
TV channels already do it for you be re-airing some series. That was the point when we were kids, they aired et re-aired episodes of Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, City Hunter, Hokuto no Ken (censored and thus made ridiculous).
And here some channels still do it with Columbo or Murder She Wrote....
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2015, 01:46:08 AM »
I have to add this as well...no matter how good a series or a movie is whether is animation or live action (Japanese) it always bothers me THIS ONE THING. The bad guy is about to attack....the world is falling apart etc etc and we see the characters having a carefree time to talk with each other leisurely for quite a while..the sound of destruction stops (heck there's no sound at all) the bad guy stops doing whatever he was doing everything freezes so they can have their time to discuss, smile etc etc...this is so wrong in so many ways...there's one thing about the movie or show having unimaginable fantasy but it's a whole another thing to mess with the time.

Oh yeah this too...some episodes that have a character (whether it's a main character or just a support) sulking and doesn't fight and shit...his comrades are having trouble with the foes, they are tossed around like rug dolls, they say if only this person was here etc etc (note that they didn't have trouble with it in the past episodes) and then when he does with sulking all over it and returns to his senses and starts helping the others become once again good and defeat the opponents with ease. Does it make sense? no but it happens.

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »
i m not the kind of person that will lower my standard just because 'it brings exposure' to the series. if it is shitty, I call it that. I love my saint seiya, but damn, omega and LoS sucked balls. I m not grateful that it brings "exposure" so more people will like it. I dread on the fact that those pieces of shit are made and were insults to the franchise.

lost canvas was great (until the end) and saintia sho is getting good. why? it sticks to the series' integrity while bringin new elements to spice it up. omega and LoS didn't. saint seiya is a niche market, like caviar. not everyone likes it, and if you come back for a second round, then it means it grew on you. omega and LoS is like adding sprinkles and whip crème to caviar. its a fucking crime.
Oh yeah this too...some episodes that have a character (whether it's a main character or just a support) sulking and doesn't fight and shit...his comrades are having trouble with the foes, they are tossed around like rug dolls, they say if only this person was here etc etc (note that they didn't have trouble with it in the past episodes) and then when he does with sulking all over it and returns to his senses and starts helping the others become once again good and defeat the opponents with ease. Does it make sense? no but it happens.

hence why I never like shun, or that type of character.
I remember back then watching a news report with a dude saying if he doesn't like it, he will watch The Phantom Menance as many times it takes to like it.

a wise man once said, "if you's a dumbshit, you's a dumbshit."

I never understand why anyone can have that kind of mentality. those are the type that will eat shit (literally) if you convince them enough that it's suppose to have health benefits and that it tastes like truffle. "I will eat this piece of shit as many times as I have to like it." lol... oh, dumbasses...
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

SageofTime

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2015, 07:48:37 AM »
I have never seen anyone saying I liked the movie and I don't know what Saint Seiya is. I watched it with my girlfriend, she didn't know Saint Seiya and she said that she had no idea what was going on. The worst movie she had ever seen.
there is some people on deviantart that had LoS fanart that saw the movie and liked it even though that aren't very familiar with Saint Seiya (doesn't make any sense but okay). I am not on there anymore because I wasn't on there that often and I have other things to do besides post fan art same as pixiv not on there anymore for the same reasons. I am taking a painting class at the college I am at but I have to for the Associates degree.

@AriesMu188
My brother is a fan of the Star Wars Franchise but he admitted that he likes the originals better than the prequels even if he watches them a billon times I think he would still say that the originals are better.

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 08:11:08 AM »
I agree on most things said here.
I actually liked the animation and graphics only. Just that. The story was poor, bad executed, etc.

But anyway want to remark that although this movie might be on of the worst things i've seen story-wise, at least we have proof of what would SS universe look like in a 3D environment.

So far i would like to see another adaptation, with a good story and consistent with the canon story.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2015, 10:32:18 AM »

My brother is a fan of the Star Wars Franchise but he admitted that he likes the originals better than the prequels even if he watches them a billon times I think he would still say that the originals are better.

Star Wars is not bad...I am not a fan of the franchise...it's ok I guess but honestly I don't see what was wrong with Phantom Menace...all I see is people commenting about how annoying was Jar Jar and that his existence was useless. Ok so you hate the dude we get it but was that enough reason to dislike the movie?

Sorry guys but I personally liked all the movies....the story overall is pretty solid but I do prefer The Knights of Old Republic series that was released by Dark Horse Comics...I have purchased all 3 Omnibus...it really is the best story...for me at least and yes it is canon. ;)

SageofTime

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Star Wars is not bad...I am not a fan of the franchise...it's ok I guess but honestly
I am not a huge fan either but if I had to choose between Star Wars and Star Trek I would choose Star Wars because I don't know Star Trek to well.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Star Trek is not for me...it's boring as hell  cannot be compared to Star Wars whatsoever...I don't know what good did they find in that series but I guess every series has its fans...