Author Topic: My Review of Saint Seiya LoS  (Read 8655 times)

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
Re: My Review of Saint Seiya LoS
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 12:14:38 AM »
How did we start talking about wrestling  :nani: ?
I am lost

hahaha, wrestling sure is more fun than LoS...

@mahogany: arigatou ne ♫
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 12:32:56 AM »
oh dude, you must try these women wrestlers: Toyota Manami (my all time favorite), hokuto akira, and of course, AJA KONG!!!!

Will do.  Thanks, man.

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »
I forgot to mention in the review that Aldebaran was eating steak and I thought that was ironic since he is the saint of the golden bull XD.
You are what you eat, they say ;)

Oh I forgot something else in my review. What also bugged me is that Aiolia had a lip piercing that isn't Aiolia's character to me. Did any other characters have that?
Aiolia's piercing made me cringe, but not because I found it unfitting. I cringed because it seems to be made by someone who doesn't know a thing about piercing. It's not through the entire lip as regular lip piercings go, it's vertically through the lip's most prominent part. Too low down to be a vertical labret. It's gonna get ripped off oh so easily, unless it rejects on its own.

SageofTime

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 12:10:42 AM »
Aiolia's piercing made me cringe, but not because I found it unfitting. I cringed because it seems to be made by someone who doesn't know a thing about piercing. It's not through the entire lip as regular lip piercings go, it's vertically through the lip's most prominent part. Too low down to be a vertical labret. It's gonna get ripped off oh so easily, unless it rejects on its own.

I wonder who made all these character designs for the movie?  :???: the only two I liked was Aiolos and Saga but the cloth would be better if it wasn't two different colors.

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »
I finally got the chance to see the movie with Spanish subtitles on YouTube and I actually really liked the movie.. I tend to love the stuff people dislike :o Example Omega now LoS lol

Anyways I really liked the graphics, armors & the relationship between Seiya & Athena we got to see some hints of love in there ^^ The piercing on Aioria was freaking sexy and even before Aioros died he was still very attractive Damn those two brothers have me over heels  :lovey: :blushy: Found Shiryu quite hilarious everywhere he went he had the armor on even at Athena's birthday party ... Really liked that Mu,Shaka & Aldebaran were on the Bronze Saints .

My only complain was the pacing and  Shiryu and Deathmask battle I felt like I was watching a musical there but overall very enjoyable movie

score is a 10  ;D

SageofTime

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »
@Janet
I noticed in a different thread you asked why a lot of people didn't like the movie here are the reasons in case you wanted to know

I noticed that a lot of people said it was Final Fantasy Advent Children or Michael Bay's Transformers

The movie was very rushed if you do not know Saint Seiya and you are seeing this movie you won't know what is going on even the critics said that

Fight Scenes from the anime and manga were not included like Ikki vs. Shaka and Shun vs. Aphordite or were too short like Hyoga vs. Camus

Aphordite died too quickly

Milo as a female saint but I notice different opinions on this but I did not like it

Seiya was more of a dork than in the manga and anime and Saori had a moe voice (I don't know if this is a reason but I know a lot of people complain about it)

A lot of things were random like Saga turned into a video game boss and the gold saints fighting an Anubis statue

Deathmask was like he came out of a Disney movie

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:58:49 PM by SageofTime »

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:48 PM »
Spoilers btw, the producer confirmed that Aphrodite didn't die :D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

SageofTime

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2015, 03:00:12 PM »
Well they did a bad job with that if it was a plot twist they could of had him get up or something to show he wasn't dead in the end that happens with a lot of different movies where you think a character died but didn't

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 03:02:23 PM »

That is hard to believe...even if it comes from the producer, besides nothing changes or do you mean that they are planning a sequel? weren't they satisfied enough that their movie sucked badly?

SageofTime

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
That is hard to believe...even if it comes from the producer, besides nothing changes or do you mean that they are planning a sequel? weren't they satisfied enough that their movie sucked badly?
I don't know what they are thinking if  they plan to do a sequel most of the time sequels aren't that good so they will lose more money if the box office is like this movie also I don't know if I am the only one but I am tired of the retelling of the Sanctuary arc

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
@Tetsu Aero

I don't really buy that. More like they just said some BS to the fans because they knew they fucked up.

As for the sequel talks, every production does that now, "Yer that's a sequel".
It's a tactic to get you to watch their movie...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:48:03 AM by AriesMu188 »

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 10:17:00 PM »
@SageofTime

you've summed up pretty well why the movie is not good, but in my case, I liked Seiya and Saori... I guess that's because I dont really like them to begin with and I didn't care about any changes with them (but I guess their fans must have gone crazy with outrage, like I did when Aprodite died and that meant that I'll never see Shun fight  :shun:).

As for Milo being a woman... I felt like going berserk when I first saw it (or having a heart attack, either way THAT was a shock, worst than Death Mask singing)... I was wondering what a friend of mine would think... he's a fan of Milo and I STRONGLY advised him not to watch the movie (I warned him if he ever tried that I won't like Milo at all anyway).
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

SageofTime

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 10:13:30 AM »
@SageofTime
As for Milo being a woman... I felt like going berserk when I first saw it (or having a heart attack, either way THAT was a shock, worst than Death Mask singing)
I felt the same way and I also thought it was worst than Deathmask singing even though that is totally out of character

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
I felt the same way and I also thought it was worst than Deathmask singing even though that is totally out of character

My best friend laughed at me when we watched the movie because of the face I made during the musical, I was like "why does it have to be the Cancer Saint ?!"
As for Milo, I don't know why but she didn't mind his being a woman... Which made her laughed even harder at my outrage ! (At least we had fun, but no really with the content of the movie).

As for the sequel talks, every production does that now, "Yer that's a sequel".
It's a tactic to get you to watch their movie...

I hope they won't do one.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
Both Saga and Milo are my favourite...what do you think I feel about the changes? T_T

Especially Saga, they pretty much erased what make his character him.