Author Topic: My Review of Saint Seiya LoS  (Read 8651 times)

SageofTime

My Review of Saint Seiya LoS
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:38:26 PM »
I just saw the movie and I am giving a review but I won't summarize the movie because I am sure most of you have seen it already I will just say what I liked and dislike.

Here goes:

Liked:
I thought the effects were good.
Hyoga riding a motorcycle was cool.
When Shiryu was being nerdy about something the other bronze saints snuck past him and when he noticed them they ran away.
The personalities even though I didn't see a real change in any of the bronze saints.

Disliked:
Explanation- Nothing was explained very well if I did not know Saint Seiya before watching this movie I would not know what is going on.

The Cloths- They were too sci-fi this is Saint Seiya not Star Wars or Star Trek or whatever other space movie or tv show.

The masks-Those weren't necessary.

The look of the Sanctuary-It is in the sky and Again too sci-fi

Milo being changed into a women  :cry:-I thought this Scorpio Saint had good moves but I prefer if she had a different name because to me this isn't Milo. I also don't know why they had to change him into a female just for a joke. Aphrodite is the feminine one nothing was feminine about Milo what so ever  :angry:.     

The Fight Scenes-They were way too short like the one between Camus and Hyoga Camus died to quickly.

Lack of Ikki-He only showed up twice in the whole movie. 

Monster Form Saga: I don't know what that was about.

Things That Were Laughable:
Deathmask did not look like or act like the original. Also he sang for an unknown reason and the faces on the walls were his back up singers. It was very funny in a stupid way XD. 

I would give the movie a D

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:02:55 PM by SageofTime »

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: My Review of Saint Seiya LoS
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:24:26 PM »

Fair enough, and yes they didn't explain things that well, that's just go to show how important the writing is...

I also don't know why they had to change him into a female just for a joke.

Okay, I seriously want to know what the joke is, won't someone tell me? :(

SageofTime

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
Okay, I seriously want to know what the joke is, won't someone tell me? :(
I don't know what the exact joke is but I think it was about the finger nail.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
I just saw the movie and I am giving a review but I won't summarize the movie because I am sure most of you have seen it already I will just say what I liked and dislike.

Here goes:

Liked:
I thought the effects were good.
Hyoga riding a motorcycle was cool.
When Shiryu was being nerdy about something the other bronze saints snuck past him and when he noticed them they ran away.
The personalities even though I didn't see a real change in any of the bronze saints.

Disliked:
Explanation- Nothing was explained very well if I did not know Saint Seiya before watching this movie I would not know what is going on.

The Cloths- They were too sci-fi this is Saint Seiya not Star Wars or Star Trek or whatever other space movie or tv show.

The masks-Those weren't necessary.

The look of the Sanctuary-It is in the sky and Again too sci-fi

Milo being changed into a women  :cry:-I thought this Scorpio Saint had good moves but I prefer if she had a different name because to me this isn't Milo. I also don't know why they had to change him into a female just for a joke. Aphrodite is the feminine one nothing was feminine about Milo what so ever  :angry:.     

The Fight Scenes-They were way too short like the one between Camus and Hyoga Camus died to quickly.

Lack of Ikki-He only showed up twice in the whole movie. 

Monster Form Saga: I don't know what that was about.

Things That Were Laughable:
Deathmask did not look like or act like the original. Also he sang for an unknown reason and the faces on the walls were his back up singers. It was very funny in a stupid way XD. 

Well done, I give an A+ for this review :P

I have nothing else to say to you. *Claps ecstatically*

I don't know what the exact joke is but I think it was about the finger nail.

That was my theory don't take it for granted for all I know it could be like this... "hey look I made Milo female"
 "oh haha he looks ridiculous"...looking at each other."
"I think we should keep it what do you think".
"You are right we should keep it"
"Let's ask Kurumada-san, I am sure he will understand"

SageofTime

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »
That was my theory don't take it for granted for all I know it could be like this... "hey look I made Milo female"
Oh I thought that was the joke.
I forgot to mention in the review that Aldebaran was eating steak and I thought that was ironic since he is the saint of the golden bull XD.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »

I feel like crying... :>_<:

I forgot to mention in the review that Aldebaran was eating steak and I thought that was ironic since he is the saint of the golden bull XD.

I think that's intended, poor Aldy  :-_-U:

SageofTime

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
 I heard about this movie in November (I have been out of the loop for a while) I thought it was a video game but I looked it up and it was a movie and I found out that Milo was a women I freaked out and was upset. Did anyone think Camus's eyebrows were weird in the movie or is it just me?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:23:04 PM by SageofTime »

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 12:00:04 AM »
The whole thing's weird and yer some of eyebrows...  :-_-U:

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 12:13:34 AM »
I heard about this movie in November (I have been out of the loop for a while) I thought it was a video game but I looked it up and it was a movie and I found out that Milo was a women I freaked out and was upset. Did anyone think Camus's eyebrows were weird in the movie or is it just me?

the brows don't bug me... it's that stupid shoulder canon that didn't do anything!
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »
the brows don't bug me... it's that stupid shoulder canon that didn't do anything!

What about his hair that makes you think he comes from a tribe? :P

or what about the front of the waist-guard that resembles a...*clears throat*..a person's manhood?

Honestly the only good design from LoS was Sagittarius Cloth (which appeared for a short period of time) and Gemini Cloth...IF it was all gold and not looking like he had a split personality since I don't know about you guys but...did you see anything saying that he did have? whatever...

Aries Cloth, other than the ugly design there's something I didn't like at all. Again the front of the waist-guard...looked like a seashell...and to be honest I was thinking of  Oshawott when I saw it...lol. Mu looked more like a scientist than a Saint.

Taurus...horns everywhere...by the way did they have to put a damn ring on his nose? I get it...bull but that was ridiculous.

Gemini...already talked about that.

Cancer...Very creepy Cloth if you ask me and the fact that he was a very cunning character and looked like a bandit yet they added a comical part on him..what's wrong with you guys...also...leather briefs? is he into any kinky stuff or he lives in a different era?...whatever.

Leo..It was quite simple Cloth design as the original but was it gorgeous like the original one? oh hell no..and glowing nipples? come on...I actually liked the character design tho..but other than that...yeah.

Virgo...Shaka was ok...he was manlier than the original one which I found positive...for me, it was nice for a change but..the Cloth made him look like some kind of an android. At least that's my opinion...the Virgo was tech style...

Libra....nothing to see here moving on :P

Scorpio... I said it before and I will say it again...no gender bending....could at least call her Mily....it's the female name for Milo. The Cloth itself was...ninja looking and very fitting to scorpion. But let me ask you something, it's cliche to change a feminine man to female...but it is not cliche to make the Scorpio Cloth...fitting for an assassin? whatever...

Sagittarius....already talked about that.

Capricorn...Shura was a very handsome boy...I give them that..the Cloth was..well..I guess you can say ok but again the waist-guard was pretty weird...the pieces look too big for the Cloth itself and if you notice there's a white strap coming from his waist-guard that goes down to probably his ankle or whatever...could be what's holding it in place...but again, whatever...

Aquarius..already talked about that.

Pisces... I think Aphrodite was even more feminine in LoS...and the dominant pink color doesn't help it at all. It looks like they made the Cloth to match his character...instead of the opposite which Masami did.

The Bronze designs were not bad...but...I hated everyone's character...except probably for Shun. It was fine.

Overall...for the Cloths...weird looking boots...and what he heck is with the masks? is this Super Sentai or Kamen Rider? Neither! stick to the original stuff, don't put stuff from other shows. Also Saint Seiya can never become a tokusatsu...so don't import crap...  :angry:     

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »

Actually...it's worst. It glowed like it's absorbing energy from the outside...making it looks as if Camus didn't use his own cosmo.  :roflcat:

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »
Actually...it's worst. It glowed like it's absorbing energy from the outside...making it looks as if Camus didn't use his own cosmo.  :roflcat:

That's what I thought too...that Aurora Execution is nothing but a canon blast...not a technique V_V

SageofTime

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »
Yeah I don't know what was up with that I don't who designed all these clothes and character designs but I agree with you that Aiolos's and Saga's clothes were the best. But all I have pictured in my mind of Saga is his centipede monster form which was bazaar and freaky @_@. I think that the character and cloth designs from the anime and manga are the best.
The whole thing's weird and yer some of eyebrows...  :-_-U:
I did think the whole design of Camus was weird.

Soyukamaru

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 03:16:56 AM »
Okay, I just saw this movie last night with my husband.

What I liked:
The animation was very good. I enjoyed all the eye candies.
The characters of the 5 bronze were more prominent than the series.
At least they are not all : I will fight! I will protect! However, I found Seiya's character a bit of a try-hard. I dunno, it's just me probably.

Disliked or weird:
I share most of OP's opinion.
- Need more explanation or BG of the story.
- Some cloths were good, some are just plain weird. I liked Saga's cloth if it was all gold. I saw a picture of it somewhere online. It looked nice.
  The Sagitarius cloth that Seiya wore in the end was waaay weird I think. A centaur??? Really?? He's really... galloping... I just... can't...
- Didin't like the mask... I can't see who's who sometimes.
- People dying or fights being over so quickly.
- I am quite indifferent about Milo being a girl. At first I disliked this idea but I quite like the character in this movie.
  She was pretty badass. I also wished they just changed her name or something.
- Saga final form. We were laughing so hard in the end. What is this? A Final Fantasy final boss fight?
- Saori's voice is too cutesy for my taste. I live in Asia and no 16 year old girl where I live sound like that.
  Perhaps I just wished for a strong or charismatic Athena. I liked her voice better in the anime.
- Deathmask's undies.... No comment...  :-.-:

I think they should aim for a trilogy to do justice to the series. It all went waaaay to fast.
At least I've read some reviews and didn't get my hopes up.
I found it to still be entertaining and a no-brain-required movie. Oh well, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
Let's just hope that Soul of Gold will be good. I love love love Lost Canvas but didn't care much about Omega.

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 03:48:20 AM »

or what about the front of the waist-guard that resembles a...*clears throat*..a person's manhood?

Honestly the only good design from LoS was Sagittarius Cloth (which appeared for a short period of time) and Gemini Cloth...IF it was all gold and not looking like he had a split personality since I don't know about you guys but...did you see anything saying that he did have? whatever...

holyshit, you actually watched it... I skipped through most of this so I don't even noticed these details... er, no, I m not watching it again. once is enough. you saved me the trouble of wasting my time. thanks! LOLOLOL
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!