Author Topic: Indigo Period -Once in a Lifetime-  (Read 7566 times)

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Tsuini~Tsu
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:12 AM »
I am talking about the manga Vladko-kun,the show just promotes the cards which is dumb and you are right it does suck but the manga itself is pretty successful.

I didn't even knew there is new manga for Yu-Gi-Oh, hell I didn't even knew that Yu-Gi-Oh is based on manga... thought it's just anime xD

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2015, 08:12:28 AM »
See what they should have done is like Spider-man. Find someone who grew up with Saint Seiya  ( this will follow Masami's plan) and write the damn thing. The franchise is still strong I believe otherwise no new series or movies or Myth Cloth. So...find someone already who can do this and let's move on.. They did this with Yu-Gi-Oh! as well..it can't be that hard. Am I missing something here?

Yeah, but Takahashi told the story he wanted to tell and ended it, then other people got to do series set after his own. This is a bit different as Kuru never got to finish his work.

Had Toei given Kurumada what Toriyama recently got in terms of control of his franchise' movie, maybe he would have let it simply go on in animated form as Toriyama is (though, that might just be Toriyama doing what he wants all whimsically, as I doubt he sweats the small stuff as much as Kurumada does).

Sometimes, a creator just wants to tell their story, even if it takes them a long time. Look at Peter Laird, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Part of selling the franchise was he was given the right to print up to 18 issues of Turtles a year under Mirage. Yet, it's been several years since the last issue (he's only like a few issues from finishing Volume 4 he said *which has had like 31 issues*). Despite that, he's still working on it (I suppose he's not really making money on it anymore, and just doing it for his own love of the series at this point).

Ken Ishikawa had many years between his Getter Robo manga (the first two were in the mid 70s, the third was in the early 90s, the fourth was in the late 90s, and the final one before his death was in a cancelled magazine in the early 00s).

Even though he died before he could finish, there's not one interpretation of the series I feel even comes close to the original Getter Robo manga in so many ways, even with them having proper endings (there was so much more mystery to Getter and moral ambiguity to it, was the future we saw for good or evil? Could we change it? Is the will of Getter inevitable? many questions raised).

While I like the assorted Saint Seiya spin-offs, I want Kuru's story to be told as the main one, not someone else's story because of fear of incompletion or impatience for more material. It's where most of my passion for the franchise is. Not the anime adaptation (though I like the voice work and music), not the new TV Series, not the other manga (though I liked several of them). I've invested myself most into the original story, and nobody else who has tried has been able to properly capture the feel of it to me (despite watching the anime first, the manga just resonated with me more).

Also, yeah Vladko, Yu-Gi-Oh! was a Shonen Jump manga that started around the time One Piece did in the mid 90s. It started out about games in general and Yami using his powers to basically make them death games. Card Games didn't become a regular thing for a few volumes.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2015, 08:24:22 AM »
I didn't even knew there is new manga for Yu-Gi-Oh, hell I didn't even knew that Yu-Gi-Oh is based on manga... thought it's just anime xD

Oh I thought you did. See the original manga has nothing to do
with the card game first 7 volumes. Then the new series called Duelist (with 24 volumes) which is what the anime was based of and then another series called Millenium World (7 volumes). That's what Kazuki Takahashi wrote. GX, 5D' etc etc are not his.

mahogany

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Smile :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2015, 08:43:51 AM »
Oh I thought you did. See the original manga has nothing to do with the card game first 7 volumes. Then the new series called Duelist (with 24 volumes) which is what the anime was based of and then another series called Millenium World (7 volumes). That's what Kazuki Takahashi wrote. GX, 5D' etc etc are not his.

It started out about games in general and Yami using his powers to basically make them death games. Card Games didn't become a regular thing for a few volumes.
Yeah, but Takahashi told the story he wanted to tell and ended it

I've invested myself most into the original story, and nobody else who has tried has been able to properly capture the feel of it to me (despite watching the anime first, the manga just resonated with me more).

Actually, the card game starts at volume 2, at chapter/battle 9: The Fanged Card, with the appearance of Kaiba Seto. It was called Duel Monsters then. The first 7 volume has Yami Yugi fight Kaiba at card game to take back Yugi's grandpa's card then at Death T games. I'm trying not to give too many spoilers.

@ Mewzard: His name isn't Yami. Yami is just a fan nick-name. I think you know his name already.
And, I heard that Mr. Takahashi had to rush the ending of Yugiou, too.

About Saint Seiya, I love the original story, too. Unlike you, I read the manga first when I was a kid, but yes, I don't think anyone else has capture the feel of it, either :)

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »
Actually, the card game starts at volume 2, at chapter/battle 9: The Fanged Card, with the appearance of Kaiba Seto. It was called Duel Monsters then. The first 7 volume has Yami Yugi fight Kaiba at card game to take back Yugi's grandpa's card then at Death T games. I'm trying not to give too many spoilers.

@ Mewzard: His name isn't Yami. Yami is just a fan nick-name. I think you know his name already.
And, I heard that Mr. Takahashi had to rush the ending of Yugiou, too.

About Saint Seiya, I love the original story, too. Unlike you, I read the manga first when I was a kid, but yes, I don't think anyone else has capture the feel of it, either :)

I know about the two card games, that's why I said regular thing (though you were probably referring to Seiya for that part).

Also, I know about Yami, I just needed something non-spoilery to call him.

I was in High School before the manga even got released here, had no option before.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 09:04:18 AM »

But it was like only two card games. Yugioh= king of games. The games he played were very dangerous as you remember and they were only used to defeat the bad guys. Let's not forget Bakura's board game, the one in the restaurant with the lighter etc etc...
Anyway you get my point.