Author Topic: Indigo Period -Once in a Lifetime-  (Read 7821 times)

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
Re: Tsuini~Tsu
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »
@Mewzard

Funny, you distort Masami's meaning there. He never said he actually stopped or did take it a break. He meant time was shit to keep up with. Good try there of a mislead, though. :smirk:

Here's a quote which you keep not reading, page 36 of Sora:"When I did 'Seiya', I never once not submit a draft. The most recent Weekly Jump mangaka would rest to find sources. I am very surprised by that. In my era, we would never consider that. If we did not submit a draft, we would lose respect as a mangaka and as a human!"

Hey, like I said, if you living in denial works for you, great, but some of us don't need to do that. We see the franchise for what it is and we tell it like it is.  Can you handle that? ;)

You really are rude, you know that? I wasn't distorting anything. That's a fair interpretation to make, that someone who procrastinates to the last minute, risking delays, would be more willing to take breaks than someone who is more on the ball (he straight up admitted to being a partuclarly bad offender of that).

I don't have "Sora", all I have is the manga, that's it. Sorry I didn't know of that quote. I don't know every quote the man makes.

You clearly don't see the franchise for what it is given you whine about it endlessly like a petulant child instead of appreciating it for what it is and accuse people who disagree with you of living in "denial" just because we're not willing to talk shit about a man who does what he does for his fans. Man takes a year off because he wants to work on other series for his 40th anniversary? Apparently he's lazy despite working on a lot of different stuff. Heaven forbid he slow down in old age to preserve some semblance of health and life.

I am absolutely done with you. I've wasted enough of my time caring about what you think. Have fun being a "fan" while you crap on everything and disrespect a man who tried to entertain you. I'll be happy to wait for his return and enjoy it for what it is when it does come back.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 12:39:53 PM »
People pointed out your BS for what it is, so now you make excuses? Would it have killed you to read the quote you had in the first place properly? ;)

But like I said, if this is the only way you can enjoy the franchise, fine. Some of us don't need to. We can praise and criticize. We choose not to blindly follow Masami or the franchise. :)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »
@SageofTime:  I get the feeling that what Seiya said is right:

Anyway forget Saint Seiya it's not coming back. The dude doesn't want to write anymore Saint Seiya. All this shit called Next Dimension was what the fans wanted not Masami himself. That's why it doesn't work....

I've never really felt the same passion from ND that I felt from StS.  The man's clearly bored by it.  If doing all these other projects gets him pumped to go and finish ND, that's cool, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.  He was able to put out Ring ni Kakero 2 because he truly loves that series, and he was a few years younger then, too.  I don't think he enjoys Saint Seiya near as much. 

People pointed out your BS for what it is, so now you make excuses? Would it have killed you to read the quote you had in the first place properly? ;)

Would it kill you to not act like such an immature piece of shit?  He's not making excuses; you've been nothing but an ass this whole thread while he's been nothing but polite.  Correcting him is one thing, but your bullshit is another.  I swear, you used to not be this bad.

But like I said, if this is the only way you can enjoy the franchise, fine. Some of us don't need to. We can praise and criticize. We choose not to blindly follow Masami or the franchise. :)

There's a difference between criticism and being a complete and utter jackass.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »
@GVmanX

I'm not the one who started it by playing the quoting game to mislead people. If people decide to do that, I use a mirror and shine it right back at them.

Thrudgelmir2333

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
Is it possible that, in addition to being bored by it, Masami feels like he can't really push SS to modern standards? Saint Seiya is kind of old as of now. It may not have the same timelessness as DBZ so Kurumada may not feel like it's worth it?

Anyway forget Saint Seiya it's not coming back. The dude doesn't want to write anymore Saint Seiya. All this shit called Next Dimension was what the fans wanted not Masami himself. That's why it doesn't work....

Ugh, I don't like admitting it, but Seiya might be right. I wouldn't like Kurumada to feel forced to drag what's been a dead horse for years.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:02 AM »
Is it possible that, in addition to being bored by it, Masami feels like he can't really push SS to modern standards? Saint Seiya is kind of old as of now. It may not have the same timelessness as DBZ so Kurumada may not feel like it's worth it?

Ugh, I don't like admitting it, but Seiya might be right. I wouldn't like Kurumada to feel forced to drag what's been a dead horse for years.

Well I hate to admit it, but he might be right... even thought I do want for him to finish at least Next Dimension. :(

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
ND is the dead horse. Tenkai hen still have potential. Like SOG showed, if you do it right by the characters, it's good to watch...

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Does Kurumada san have ADD (attention deficit disorder)or something? I am not trying to be rude and sorry if I do its just it just seems he can't stick to one manga for a long period of time and does other manga

Imagine yourself being old enough to retire. You realise you may not have much time left and the speed you are able to do things isn't as fast as before. There's still many things you want to do, things you yourself want to do and things other people expect you to do; old things you want to finish, and new things you want to do before you miss the opportunities to....etc.

...and maybe he has writer's block. Who knows? maybe that's why he jump from stuff to stuff? (not talking about Saint Seiya specifically)

On a more technical note...ADHD is a more recent disorder (it was much less common years ago) and generally speaking much more common in US (for various reasons). I highly doubt Masami would have that XD

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »
ND is the dead horse. Tenkai hen still have potential. Like SOG showed, if you do it right by the characters, it's good to watch...

I think the best one who can do Tenkai-Hen is Shiori-Teshirogi! is there a way to ask Kurumada or the company to ask her to take the job :P

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »
I think the best one who can do Tenkai-Hen is Shiori-Teshirogi! is there a way to ask Kurumada or the company to ask her to take the job :P

I have to agree, she is one of the best people, who worked on SS and reach the high horse on Kurumada is... I would love for her, to continue the series, finish her Lost Canvas Anime (I read the manga was awesome), finish Next Dimension and finally work on the Tenaki-Hen arc xD better to take all the work over Saint Seiya... instead leaving it Kurumada, I believe she would complete it faster xD

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »
At this point I just want to read the damn thing, a crazy thought I had before I slept, if he's not bring back Seiya, it might be Silent Knight Shou? Just to confuse everyone: Two mangas with Shou as a name!? XD

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »
There's a thought.

"What!? This Shou is a boy!  Dammit, woman, this is the wrong comic!"

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:07 AM »
See what they should have done is like Spider-man. Find someone who grew up with Saint Seiya  ( this will follow Masami's plan) and write the damn thing. The franchise is still strong I believe otherwise no new series or movies or Myth Cloth. So...find someone already who can do this and let's move on.. They did this with Yu-Gi-Oh! as well..it can't be that hard. Am I missing something here?

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »
See what they should have done is like Spider-man. Find someone who grew up with Saint Seiya  ( this will follow Masami's plan) and write the damn thing. The franchise is still strong I believe otherwise no new series or movies or Myth Cloth. So...find someone already who can do this and let's move on.. They did this with Yu-Gi-Oh! as well..it can't be that hard. Am I missing something here?

But the new Yu-Gi-Oh sucks so much :( I hate it... can't watch it... because it's not Yu-Gi-Oh for me!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 07:33:26 AM »
I am talking about the manga Vladko-kun,the show just promotes the cards which is dumb and you are right it does suck but the manga itself is pretty successful.