Author Topic: Indigo Period -Once in a Lifetime-  (Read 7820 times)

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: New Manga of Masami Kurumada!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »
I just wish he finish the next dimension before start other things.
typical Sagittarius starting off many things, never finishing one

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Tsuini~Tsu
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:28 AM »
Merged the old topic with it :)

The other sites aren't translating the title to Tsuini Tsu... Did google translate fail me yet again?  :-.-:

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 09:25:48 AM »
Tsuini there translates to 'finally', so... Dare we think it is finally that ch? I don't want get my hopes up...

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 10:31:06 AM »
I really don't understand why Kurumada is working on other works when he knows there are at least million fan waiting for Next Dimension!

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
Re: New Manga of Masami Kurumada!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:52 AM »
I just wish he finish the next dimension before start other things.

He's just finishing up his 40th anniversary fun. Don't know why a guy can't take off for a while do enjoy celebrating his whole career and not just one series in it like the past couple of years.

Don't worry, he'll get back to it soon I believe.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »
'Take off for a while' applys to people who do constant manga work, Masami don't apply here... :P

And it was Masami himself who said taking breaks for mangaka is disrespectful...

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »
I really don't understand why Kurumada is working on other works when he knows there are at least million fan waiting for Next Dimension!
Masami goes where the inspiration leads him

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »
'Take off for a while' applys to people who do constant manga work, Masami don't apply here... :P

And it was Masami himself who said taking breaks for mangaka is disrespectful...

If you're referring to the quote I think you are, I'll remind you he said right afterwards that he was rather guilty of it himself (assuming you're talking about the same quote I am from the Saint Seiya volume quotes).

And the last time I can tell Kurumada didn't at least do some manga in a year was like 1993. He may not frequent the release you like, but he has been working. Hell, it's not even a break from all manga, just from Next Dimension, as Kuru's spent the last year doing several other series.

So how about you stop being disrespectful.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »
How about you stop denying the facts? He said it when talking about Mangakas taking breaks. He said when he was doing manga he wouldn't thought of doing that. It would be disrespectful.

Like I said, take off for a while applys to mangaka who actually does constant work. Oh I know! You go back to your usual saying ND is a monthly manga... Yer, if denial makes you happy...  :smirk:

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
How about you stop denying the facts? He said it when talking about Mangakas taking breaks. He said when he was doing manga he wouldn't thought of doing that. It would be disrespectful.

Like I said, take off for a while applys to mangaka who actually does constant work. Oh I know! You go back to your usual saying ND is a monthly manga... Yer, if denial makes you happy...  :smirk:

Volume 7 of Saint Seiya:

"Among manga artists, there are those who religiously obey their weekly deadlines, and there are those who scramble around at the last minute. The latter are manga jerks who narrowly avoid, by a few hours' margin, the risk of a notice reading, 'So-and-so-Sensei's work will not be appearing in this week's issue due to illness.' It's not something to be proud of, but, in the manga world, I'm probably among the top runners-up for the title of Most Despicable Manga Jerk.

Every week, when I've once again hit crunch time, I scream, 'Time, please stop!!'
Kurumada Masami-1987"

Let's not be disrespectful towards the creator of the franchise. Just because he doesn't release as often as you'd want doesn't warrant this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:30:47 PM by Mewzard »

SageofTime

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 09:53:45 PM »
Does Kurumada san have ADD (attention deficit disorder)or something? I am not trying to be rude and sorry if I do its just it just seems he can't stick to one manga for a long period of time and does other manga

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »
Does Kurumada san have ADD (attention deficit disorder)or something? I am not trying to be rude and sorry if I do its just it just seems he can't stick to one manga for a long period of time and does other manga

He is a Sagittarius...a lot like me...we never stick to one thing for a long time. We get bored of it and we switch to something else. xD

Anyway forget Saint Seiya it's not coming back. The dude doesn't want to write anymore Saint Seiya. All this shit called Next Dimension was what the fans wanted not Masami himself. That's why it doesn't work....

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »
@Mewzard

Funny, you distort Masami's meaning there. He never said he actually stopped or did take it a break. He meant time was shit to keep up with. Good try there of a mislead, though. :smirk:

Here's a quote which you keep not reading, page 36 of Sora:"When I did 'Seiya', I never once not submit a draft. The most recent Weekly Jump mangaka would rest to find sources. I am very surprised by that. In my era, we would never consider that. If we did not submit a draft, we would lose respect as a mangaka and as a human!"

Hey, like I said, if you living in denial works for you, great, but some of us don't need to do that. We see the franchise for what it is and we tell it like it is.  Can you handle that? ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:02:45 AM by AriesMu188 »

SageofTime

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:55 PM »
Anyway forget Saint Seiya it's not coming back. The dude doesn't want to write anymore Saint Seiya. All this shit called Next Dimension was what the fans wanted not Masami himself. That's why it doesn't work....
I would think since Saint Seiya is popular and a lot of people like it I would think that it would be a reason to finish it

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 12:22:44 AM »
Volume 7 of Saint Seiya:

"Among manga artists, there are those who religiously obey their weekly deadlines, and there are those who scramble around at the last minute. The latter are manga jerks who narrowly avoid, by a few hours' margin, the risk of a notice reading, 'So-and-so-Sensei's work will not be appearing in this week's issue due to illness.' It's not something to be proud of, but, in the manga world, I'm probably among the top runners-up for the title of Most Despicable Manga Jerk.

Every week, when I've once again hit crunch time, I scream, 'Time, please stop!!'
Kurumada Masami-1987"

Let's not be disrespectful towards the creator of the franchise. Just because he doesn't release as often as you'd want doesn't warrant this.

He is a jerk because he submits his work at the last minute not because he doesn't deliver it...as he said he doesn't want to read a notice saying his work will not appear in this issue due to illness. You misinterpreted those words....

I would think since Saint Seiya is popular and a lot of people like it I would think that it would be a reason to finish it

But it's really up to him whether he wants to continue or not. He doesn't need money so he doesn't really care.