Author Topic: The Weirdness of Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary  (Read 4872 times)

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: The Weirdness of Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 01:40:15 PM »
But he knew Saga wasn't that enough? and the fact that Mu and Dohko opposed him should make the rest of the Gold Saints thinking of the possibility not being the same person.

That's sounds good, though I wonder if he really knew Saga. After all I think (I might be wrong though) that he grew up and trained in India (on the other hand, Saga was in Greece). He asks God in the Hades chapter why the country he was born in is so poor (and he means India as he mentions the Ganges).
As for Mu and Dohko, I'm not sure it's clearly stated they openly opposed Saga. But when the Silver Saints have been sent, Mu clearly helped Seiya and co. So that's when they should have wondered why (well, they should have done so earlier but...).
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 08:11:59 PM »
He asks God in the Hades chapter why the country he was born in is so poor (and he means India as he mentions the Ganges).

No, Shaka was having a conversation with Buddha (also known as Siddarta Gautama, or "Shaka Muni", a person believed by buddhists to be the first illuminated man, or the only one depending on type of buddhism..)

As for Mu and Dohko, I'm not sure it's clearly stated they openly opposed Saga.
If my memory serves me right, they never stated to oppose Saga, even they followed some of his orders, but both were very suspicious of their actions. Well maybe Dohko opposed him in fact, but he was anyway just sitting in the waterfalls.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 12:06:54 AM »
1.No, Shaka was having a conversation with Buddha (also known as Siddarta Gautama, or "Shaka Muni", a person believed by buddhists to be the first illuminated man, or the only one depending on type of buddhism..)

2.If my memory serves me right, they never stated to oppose Saga, even they followed some of his orders, but both were very suspicious of their actions. Well maybe Dohko opposed him in fact, but he was anyway just sitting in the waterfalls.

1. He also said that he talks with the Gods all the time.

2.  They don't have to state it, they show it with their actions. Mu was away from the Sanctuary and returned when the Bronze decided to have a meeting with the Pope to explain to them about the Temples and the Gold Saints, if he knew that Shion was not the Pope then it's only obvious that he will not follow any of his orders. It's not suspicion...Mu and Dohko knew that the Pope was not Shion. However when Mu returned to the Sanctuary he realized who it was as he told to the other Gold Saints by the Cosmo that was coming from the Temple of the missing Gemini Saint. That on that night 13 years ago that Saga was missing. Shaka tells Mu that he and Dohko were secretly helping the Bronze to save Saori, what else do you need to know?
Four Gold Saints knew who the Pope was. Yes four, I wonder how no one ever considered that fact. Besides Shura, Deathmask and Aphrodite who were mentioned to have known Pope's identity there was another one...Camus, didn't he ask Saga to teleport Hyoga to the Libra Temple? supposedly he was missing...he wouldn't have done that.

So to summarize the only ignorant Gold Saints about Saga were Aldebaran, Aioria, Shaka and Milo. 

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 02:01:40 AM »
1. He also said that he talks with the Gods all the time.

The word he used is 神仏 which can translate to Gods or Buddhas. In Japanese language it is usually is refering to their own religions like Shinto or Buddhlism. But since we are in the world of Gods and Goddesses and myths and the like he could have talked with Gods in Heaven... But in Hades Ch Shaka flashback scene, it's more Buddha... ;)

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 02:18:03 AM »
But in Hades Ch Shaka flashback scene, it's more Buddha... ;)

I remember there's a giant statue of Buddha in this flashback, so that makes sense (but I thought Shaka was supposed to be the reincarnation of Buddha... Is my memory wrong ?).

Well as for the ignorant Saints, Aiolia finally discovers the truth but he is manipulated by Saga. (And wasn't Shaka there when Saga did that ?! *adds oil on the fire*).
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 02:37:53 AM »
The word he used is 神仏 which can translate to Gods or Buddhas. In Japanese language it is usually is refering to their own religions like Shinto or Buddhlism. But since we are in the world of Gods and Goddesses and myths and the like he could have talked with Gods in Heaven... But in Hades Ch Shaka flashback scene, it's more Buddha... ;)

神仏 Shinbutsu right? (神 God) and (仏 Buddha), did I get this right? I am still not very good at reading Japanese, that's why I am asking .

Well as for the ignorant Saints, Aiolia finally discovers the truth but he is manipulated by Saga. (And wasn't Shaka there when Saga did that ?! *adds oil on the fire*).

Nah he did not...he didn't even had the chance, Aioria went to the Pope to explain to him that Saori was indeed Athena but Saga got him because he found out the truth about Athena not who the Pope was. He found out the same time with the rest of the ignorant Gold Saints, when Mu revealed who the Pope was they were all shocked... Shaka was not there when Aioria was attacked by Genro Maoh Ken.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 02:54:28 AM »
Well Aiolia finds out who is the real Athena, so that's part of the big deal, but you're right, he doesn't know who the Pope is.

As for Shaka, I'm sure Saga attacks Aiolia after the began their fight (that was supposed to end in a 1000 day battle), so I though that Shaka was there. *picks up the manga* Well on the picture when Saga squeezes Aiolia's brain, Shaka is facing said Aiolia... so he is there (I'll try to find a scan on the net)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 04:42:02 AM »
Genro Maoh Ken (well maybe not whatever that thing was) hits Aioria, Aioria then tries to attack Saga and at that time Shaka enters...telling Aioria to stop his attack against the Pope. He didn't see anything. Then Saga orders Shaka to kill the "traitor" and then the fight between the two begins. Aioria could see only Shaka and Shaka could see only Aioria, then Saga found the chance to use Genro Maoh Ken  and once again since Shaka was focused on Aioria ( ok you are right he used it right in his face), he did not see a thing.  Would love to show you the scans but its a couple of pages...Vol.7.. and continues to Vol.8 and some part on Vol.9.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 05:01:04 AM »
神仏 Shinbutsu right? (神 God) and (仏 Buddha), did I get this right? I am still not very good at reading Japanese, that's why I am asking .

Yer for Japan when they say '神' in that context, they mean it in a Shinto context more like divine things not nesscessary a God or Gods...
In Shinto religion anything can be sacred or divine, not nesscessary have to be a being or Being... :)

But I willing to bet Shaka or his previous self might have spoken to a few Gods, just in the context of Hades ch, it was just Buddha...

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 07:36:01 AM »
I had in mind the passage in vol.9 (p140 for the French edition) when Shaka is there. I found the passage when Aiolia comes back after he met Saori, and that's true he was hit by Saga ! (I totally forgot this part).

Thanks for the info Mu. In French they simplified it into "talking to God", I guess that was easier for them to translate it this way.