Author Topic: 40th Anniversary CD  (Read 1270 times)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
40th Anniversary CD
« on: November 26, 2014, 04:51:58 AM »
So Kurumada is releasing a CD for his fourthieth anniversary, with four songs.
I have no clue as to what they are though :)

http://kurumadapro.com/special/otokozaka_cd/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:22:12 AM by Tetsu Aero »

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

LordGeo

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
Re: 40th Anniversary CD
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:55:30 AM »
So Kurumada is releasing a CD for his fourthieth anniversary, with four songs.
I have no clue as to what they are though :)

[url]http://kurumadapro.com/special/otokozaka_cd/[/ :camus:url]

Well, as the url states, it's Otoko Zaka related. Technically, it's only two songs: a new cover of "Otoko Zaka" (from Seisei Ruten: Kurumada-ism) by Mayumi Gojo (of Pretty Cure theme song fame) & a brand-new "sister song" called "Jinsei Misaki", also sung by Gojo. The other two songs are simply vocalless versions. Nothing much, though it just makes me wish an anime adaptation of Otoko Zaka would get made, especially if it's getting "new" songs for it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:20:52 PM by LordGeo »

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 10:23:17 AM »
Ah okej, i have the Kurumada-ism cd, and the Otoko Zaka song is really good with its Enka style. :)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »
Does anyone else think that Kurumada spends too much time on a short story instead of spending a little more time on let's see something he put aside for quite some time now?

LordGeo

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »
Does anyone else think that Kurumada spends too much time on a short story instead of spending a little more time on let's see something he put aside for quite some time now?

Hmmm, that question could be worded a little less entitled-sounding... How about "Does anyone else think that Kurumada spends too much time on what was meant to be his magnum opus instead of spending a little more time on what people are starting to nag him about?"

Seriously, I get that people are annoyed that Next Dimension has been incommunicado since that short special chapter early this year, but it sometimes gets a little ridiculous how far people will go to to downplay Kurumada's other work. Anytime I notice that the Messages section of Kurumada's 40th Anniversary site gets updated I'm always appalled at how some fans come off as so petty & rude towards Kurumada because of ND. Seriously, read some of those messages he gets; I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason he keeps holding off on doing ND is because him seeing how rude some of his fans are about it (as they say, it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch). This is 40th Anniversary in the business, so it's only natural that he wants to spend it doing stuff that he's always wanted to do, like more Otoko Zaka (which he admitted to becoming a mangaka solely to create) or even hinting at a return of Raimei no Zaji instead of simply pleasing the fans; allow him one year to be selfish, at the very least. Seiya has been getting plenty focus this year as it is, so maybe next year (after his anniversary passes) he'll return to Seiya ND more.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »
Well his biggest hit is Ring ni Kakero...he can stop here if he must. Also is not the fans that ruined his apple tree...he did it all by himself. He could silence us with an anytime soon release...it is really up to him.

Prove us wrong Masami...that is all WE need.

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
Well, it's hard when someone gets famous wordwide by something. Unfortunately for Kurumada, it is Saint Seiya.
The situation is same with Dragon Ball. No one cares about Dr. Slump or his other shorts. But hey, he works on the new cinematic movies by designing the characters and writing the stories and I am pretty much hyped.
Kurumada can as well go this road and make continuation of Saint Seiya by some OAV with designing the characters and making the story only. It is much easier that way.