SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

110581 Posts in 4362 Topics- by 886 Members - Latest Member: vera

October 31, 2014, 07:06:29 AM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Like To Chat?EntertainmentAnime/MangaDragonball
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Dragonball  (Read 10132 times)
Gold Saint
  Male
Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
The Embodiment of Truth and Power
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »

I reccomend watching Gt, there are ALOT of good things in Gt. Such as brain washed Gohan and Goten, vegeta with a beard, android 18 confessing to krillin that she loves him and crawling to him and passes out while touching his hand(while krillin was dead on the floor), freeza and cell fighting goku, evil bulma, back round of the race the saiyans stole planet vegits from and their revenge through beibi, Goten being a player ect ect

to top it off the ending of DB GT is absolutely beautiful, Goku walking as a ghost while the awesome dan dan music played in the backround and simultaneously they showed scenes from the original DB and DBZ... I remember having tears in my eyes as goku waved goodbye and the anouncer said" Son goku will always remain in our hearts, the is the end of the story of Dragonball"

just skip the part where they gather the dragonballs in space until they reach the machine mutant planet.

Daishikaze
  Male
Saint in Training
Champion Of The Classics
View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »

I only saw the first 4 episodes of GT back when it first started on Japanese TV, I bought a tape from a Japanese video store in San Diego. I thought it was alright, but I guess I was more interested in Z at the time because I never bought anymore GT tapes. I eventually got so tired of DBZ as a whole, but with Kai  I might go back to it again and see how well they did excising the Filler and keeping everything Narratively "on"

"Pss, hey Guido, its all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he let's loose the marmosets on us. Don't worry little missy, I'll save you!!!"
swagmaster56445

Passionate youth
View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2011, 02:27:41 AM »

One thing I adore about DB is that there are still video games being produced for it. That's so awesome, how they can keep the franchise alive without adding more plot. (because as much as I love the show, it's finished - there's no way you can expand the storyline more, unless they went back in time or something, but I'd rather not have them go SS5 or something stupid like that.)
ParaParaJMo
  Male
Saint in Training
View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2011, 02:44:09 AM »

I mostly enjoyed GT for its soundtrack. Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku is one of my personal favorite opening themes of all time.

As for Dragon Ball as a whole, I'm more of a fan of the manga.
kenzie05

Bronze Saint
View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »

Dragon ball will always be one of the greatest anime series ive seen in my life other being doraemon and more haha ! a good story line. like the music esp the dbz one! HEAD SHA LA Cheesy I cried on the last episode of GT =( the song aww.
PiscesCaballero

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

Just started a rewatch of Z for the first since HS (just like Saint Seiya back in December). Japanese version to be specific.Currently also torrenting the Z part of the manga.

I'm now obsessed with Dragon Ball! Cheesy
Just finished the first part of Dragon Ball manga and am now starting on Z. Damn, I got to say the final volume of DB Part 1 was just EPIC! Simply the fight between Piccolo and Goku was one of the best I've read in a long time! Really am excited about Z's fights!

I watched the original Z anime so far up to Episode 10 (Japanese version of course). Unfortunately its lagging due to unexciting filler (though I did enjoy the ones with Gohan facing hardships in the wild-really does show his development from sheltered boy to hardened warrior). I just gave up watching and instead decided to read on the manga portion of Z. I might pick up on it later after reading Z.
Finally finished Part Z of the manga! I got to say Z has the most EPIC fights I've ever seen in all of manga and as well as in the top 5 fictions with the BEST fights ever period!

Now I started watching the English dub of Kai today along wtih continuing the Japanese version of the Z manga. Might write individual reviews of both as well as a comparison article.
SSfa

Saint in Training
View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

DBZ has a lot more merchandising than SS.

Watched the newest DBZ movie. It's fun and much better than whole GT part.

GT was bad because they had a bad plot and they just invented some excuse to make goku a kid again. (Maybe because child goku was more successful than adult goku?). It begins with some out of nowhere plot about dark dragon balls, then they just sewed up sub plots about some evil enemy of the saiyans, made some old enemies come back and then end with some random evil dragons. It's cleary a change in direction. In GT they added humour everywhere and made all fights much shorter than in Majin boo or Cell saga. Underpreciated everyone but kid goku and pan.

If you compare DBZ with SS, DBZ is has more humour in it. The openings and endings were more appealling to karaoke and shows.

Read that Toriyama has begun working on a new manga, albeit storyline is unknown. They can either go prequel, spin off or use some time gap in between the series. For ex: there is a game called DB heroes that introduces new characters and transformations that were fan art only before. There isn't much to do after Majin buu's part end.
AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2014, 12:08:48 AM »

http://www.taghobby.com/2-0/2-1/2014%E5%B9%B44%E6%9C%886%E6%97%A5%E8%B5%B7%E6%92%AD%E6%98%A0-%E9%BE%8D%E7%8F%A0%E6%94%B9-%E9%AD%94%E4%BA%BA%E5%B8%83%E6%AD%90%E7%B7%A8/

GVmanX
  Male
Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
Savior of Century's End
View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »

It's about time.
NJ_
  Male
Has discovered the Cosmo
View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »

Opening & Ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ78xwdYa-4

(Pic & logo from Toei Europe's website which also lists the Buu arc as having 69 episodes)

The first 4 Japanese DVD & Blu-ray boxes were announced a few days ago and unlike the previous episodes, which had the DVDs as 16:9 (same as TV broadcast) & the BDs as 4:3, both boxes will be 16:9 only (as listed on both Toei's website and Kai's distributor, Happinet Pictures) so there's a good possibility that everyone (including FUNimation) may have those same masters as well.

DVD / Blu-ray - Episodes 99-110, release date: 9/2/14
DVD / Blu-ray - Episodes 111-122, release date: 12/2/14
DVD / Blu-ray - Episodes 123-134, release date: 3/3/15
DVD / Blu-ray - Episodes 135-146, release date: 6/30/15

If the episode count is accurate then we should expect 2 more sets to be announced in the future.
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »

I liked the opening song, Buu and Goku biting each other was fun xD

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
raigami : 雷神 :
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:39 PM »

I really didn't have the luxury of watchin anime as a teen because anime as a whole wasn't even on the radar in LA. I had to pay extra or have relatives send mangas to me in either HK Chinese or from japan.

so to me, DBZ was great because I really didn't get a chance to watch the anime (or ANY anime) after the freeza saga after I came to the states.

この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!
Ikki
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

They forgot to draw Goku's bangs. I'm guessing he's in his ssj2 form, and Kid's Buu's face looks so bad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]