Author Topic: New Pokemon Games  (Read 6290 times)

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon Games
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2014, 01:15:47 AM »
Yep same here..I was thinking of Alpha/Beta and then Gamma but Ruby/Sapphire remakes totally ruined it for me lol. Oh well it was good while it lasted. :P

Well the prefixes on Ruby and Sapphire are Greek letters (well not the actual letters themselves but the English pronunciations) so I guess we were close... I was originally thinking Alpha and Beta then Omega though... :P
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2014, 01:31:44 AM »
Oh but then that would ruin the sequence of the alphabet lol. I have to say something about the Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby tho.. at first the names for me didn't make sense to as I said before Ruby should be Alpha and Sapphire should be Omega but, now I came up with something else. We can say that since life started from the seas then...there's your Alpha and then evolve on the earth/ground then that makes sense to me. What do you think of this theory? even tho it's hardly relevant to non... xD

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2014, 01:47:28 AM »
]
Oh but then that would ruin the sequence of the alphabet lol. I have to say something about the Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby tho.. at first the names for me didn't make sense to as I said before Ruby should be Alpha and Sapphire should be Omega but, now I came up with something else. We can say that since life started from the seas then...there's your Alpha and then evolve on the earth/ground then that makes sense to me. What do you think of this theory? even tho it's hardly relevant to non... xD

But that was what I told you from the beginning TT_TT :emo:

And I might as well add these:

Some comments from YT

"It actually makes sense why they made it the way they did because Primal Groudon  is part fire type and fire usually destroys things like Omega which means "the end" while water brings things life like Alpha or "the beginning". Although the meaning isn't taken in regard in terms of the order of how you say both games, when thinking of the legendaries they correspond to, it makes sense."

"You've got a good point there about Omega being the end and Alpha being the beginning. I always knew what they meant but I didn't put it in that sort of context for some reason. They could also incorporate something about the Omega and Alpha symbols in the story as well, instead of them just being there."

"i think it has to do with alpha sounding similar to aqua and omega sounding similar to magma, but who knows"

"Not to mention Magmas symbo has an omega in it and the Aqua sign is shaped like alpha"

Logos from the original Gen III games

Also, am I the only one who thinks that 'ASOR' actually sounds better than 'ORAS'?

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2014, 01:53:25 AM »

I don't know, I think that was what I had... but the names didn't make sense to me either at first, and I would sometimes accidentally say 'Alpha Ruby' and 'Omega Sapphire' because those sounded better than 'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' (I still actually get them mixed up at times... xD). That theory kinda makes sense, I guess it could work.

Some of those YouTube comments make more sense than others...
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »

1.But that was what I told you from the beginning TT_TT :emo:

2."Not to mention Magmas symbo has an omega in it and the Aqua sign is shaped like alpha"

Logos from the original Gen III games

1. You did? how could I miss that?...guess I must have so much in my head that just couldn't comprehend lol, tho you did repeat my words in the earlier post, you just said it differently xD. Same case I assume lol.

2. Tetsu said the same thing but on the Pokemon themselves not the logo of the Teams but, we do know that Team Aqua's and Team Magma's logos are based on Groudon's/Kyogre's markings...tho  now that I see it better...it makes more sense looking at the logos rather than on the Pokemon... especially Groudon's that doesn't look like Omega at all. That now has the highest percentage of all theories...makes mine look utterly stupid. :P

1.I don't know, I think that was what I had... but the names didn't make sense to me either at first, and I would sometimes accidentally say 'Alpha Ruby' and 'Omega Sapphire' because those sounded better than 'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' (I still actually get them mixed up at times... xD).

2.That theory kinda makes sense, I guess it could work.

1. I hear you Yagi-chan...I feel the same damn way lol.

2. After Niello-chan's theory...I take back mine  as it makes much more sense even if the developers designed it unintentionally. 

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2014, 03:49:17 AM »
1. You did? how could I miss that?...guess I must have so much in my head that just couldn't comprehend lol, tho you did repeat my words in the earlier post, you just said it differently xD. Same case I assume lol.

2. Tetsu said the same thing but on the Pokemon themselves not the logo of the Teams but, we do know that Team Aqua's and Team Magma's logos are based on Groudon's/Kyogre's markings...tho  now that I see it better...it makes more sense looking at the logos rather than on the Pokemon... especially Groudon's that doesn't look like Omega at all. That now has the highest percentage of all theories...makes mine look utterly stupid. :P

3. After Niello-chan's theory...I take back mine  as it makes much more sense even if the developers designed it unintentionally. 

1. That wasn't the same though. In my case it's more like me misinterpreting your post...I thought you meant that Game Freak's forcing the player to buy both Black 2 and White 2 to get all of the legendaries, something like that =P

3. That one isn't mine though...that was some random comment on YT, s/he has a good point so I copied it here.

Also, it could actually be all of them. (though I do think that the evolution from ocean to land is the best so far as it links directly with the fight between Groudon and  Kyogre for land/sea)

Take X and Y. People though it's supposed to be X/Y/Z as reference for the full 3D graphic and the 3DS. But the Japanese logo of the games changed to include a little design of DNA plus the reveal of Slyveon (fairy) which looks down right girly makes people thought it could also refer to X/Y chromosomes as well.
From that I think they then went on to design legendaries so that they fit with the title (and add the Yggdrasil reference in the process). In the past titles the colour of the legendaries corresponded with their game's title. In Diamond and Pearl Dialga and Palkia both have the gems integrate into the designs. Since Xerneas does rezemble Y and Yveltal does resemble Y, Kyogre and Groudon having Alpha and Omega on them is just the case of following the pattern.

Considering the fact that just with pokemon names alone is all about mashing references together I think it's highly possible ;)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2015, 11:48:04 PM »
Anyone else picked up the spin-off Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS? I'm around half way through the main story and so far it has been amazing! The writing and the music are so good. Another big plus is the characters are really adorable, especially if you choose Oshawott as your partner :P

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
Wow you can find all Pokemon in the Super Mystery Dungeon? that has never happened before or has it?

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »
Wow you can find all Pokemon in the Super Mystery Dungeon? that has never happened before or has it?

Technically no, but not in the way you think. In the earlier games you can recruit most of the Pokemons available at the time the games were released except that some pokemons are version exclusive like in the main games, but all the pokemons did made appearance. However, in the game before this one despite not having multiple versions only around 150 or so pokemons are available for recruit. it's only in this game that there are no version exclusive pokemons and you can recruit all 720 of them. Although they did pretty much change the mechanics on recruiting entirely. Before you have to go to specific dungeons to try and recruit specific pokemons which can get annoying but it also gave you that feeling of hunting for the pokemon you want to use. Now they made it so that you just have to complete specific missions and then the pokemon and a few others will automatically be available to play. The system have some drawbacks but it's easier and that means you are likely to have more more mixture of pokemon to choose from. For example, pretty early in the game you can fight Salamence as a boss and after that you will have a lvl 50 Salamence for use, not all the time but he's there.

I'm guessing you have never played a Mystery Dungeon game before?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2016, 01:52:53 AM »
Technically no, but not in the way you think. In the earlier games you can recruit most of the Pokemons available at the time the games were released except that some pokemons are version exclusive like in the main games, but all the pokemons did made appearance. However, in the game before this one despite not having multiple versions only around 150 or so pokemons are available for recruit. it's only in this game that there are no version exclusive pokemons and you can recruit all 720 of them. Although they did pretty much change the mechanics on recruiting entirely. Before you have to go to specific dungeons to try and recruit specific pokemons which can get annoying but it also gave you that feeling of hunting for the pokemon you want to use. Now they made it so that you just have to complete specific missions and then the pokemon and a few others will automatically be available to play. The system have some drawbacks but it's easier and that means you are likely to have more more mixture of pokemon to choose from. For example, pretty early in the game you can fight Salamence as a boss and after that you will have a lvl 50 Salamence for use, not all the time but he's there.

I'm guessing you have never played a Mystery Dungeon game before?

Of course I have but there were always things like...you just had to have the other version to be able to recruit them. This one says you can recruit all 720 poke. It has never been done before but I am guessing it's because there's only one version this time.

Have you heard of Pokemon Go? if yes, what's your opinion about it? do you think it will be good or lame? I heard is going to be released this month but when it is still unclear. Personally, I think that if this gets released it will be fun to play. I just hope the events will not be a pain in the ass.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2016, 08:58:38 AM »
So uhh, I know people are excited about the Pokemon Sun and Moon but, I read somewhere that Nintendo will also release the new console in 2017 (called NX) and that they are going to have an early release of a Pokemon game on NX. People assumed that NX was a handheld console but it appears it is actually the successor of Wii U. Having said that, I think that I should mention that this move have never happened before but I believe most of us saw that coming mainly because Wii U did terrible in sales and by doing so, the game will get much more competition between Microsoft and Sony and who knows maybe even beat them.

That being said I have a confession to make. I recently bought a PS4 (now having all 3 consoles), but the thing is that I bought it only because of the upcoming Spider-Man game that it will only be available on PS4.  Stupid move I know...should I keep it for just Spider-Man? It is created by Insomniac (Spyro games, Ratchet an Clank, Sunset Overdrive) it can be bad can it? I am too weak...

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »
Man, if they make another good Spider-Man game, that'll be so awesome.