Author Topic: New Pokemon Games  (Read 6212 times)

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon Games
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2014, 06:53:49 AM »
Yeah, sometimes being on the mobile things for this is a total pain. I think the reason why some consider Rotom to be a legendary is because the game plays the legendary battle music when you battle it as well as the fact that you can only catch one in the game. But the fact that you can then just breed Rotoms all over the place just nullifies that.
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:58 AM »
Yup, it's exactly as you said. I always wanted to ask, do you have any top 10 legendary Pokemon?? I know it's quite hard to decide but if you did which ones would be? Your favorites not which ones you think they are the strongest.. We all know is Arceus which apparently shares the same story with the Greek God Chronos (not to be confused with Cronus/Kronos) but oddly enough even a LV1 Rattata can bring down the God Pokemon which I find stupid, I guess the developers didn't think this through when they  were making the game.....so sad and to think that the first person that found out this flaw was a 12 year old boy it makes it even worse.
Lol anyway I said too much unnecessary stuff.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
Sometimes I feel like I might have a top 10 legendary Pokémon, but it's always so to choose... usually though, Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Giratina, Darkrai and Reshiram are the ones I consider for it... there's more than 10 there but it sort of gives the idea of what my top 10 legendaries would look like (I hope).

Are you talking about the FEAR tactic thing or whatever it's called? It's the thing with the low-level Pokémon with particular movesets (Rattata is one example of a Pokémon capable of this) and holding a item or having an ability that prevent them from getting OHKO'd taking out powerful opponents. I think I read that it is able to happen because of a loophole in the game's mechanics or something like that a few years ago...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
1.Sometimes I feel like I might have a top 10 legendary Pokémon, but it's always so to choose... usually though, Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Giratina, Darkrai and Reshiram are the ones I consider for it... there's more than 10 there but it sort of gives the idea of what my top 10 legendaries would look like (I hope).

2.Are you talking about the FEAR tactic thing or whatever it's called? It's the thing with the low-level Pokémon with particular movesets (Rattata is one example of a Pokémon capable of this) and holding a item or having an ability that prevent them from getting OHKO'd taking out powerful opponents. I think I read that it is able to happen because of a loophole in the game's mechanics or something like that a few years ago...

1. Cool mine is a bit similar... Lugia, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina(can't separate the Holy Trinity of Space/Time/Antimatter xD), Rayquaza, Latios, Zapdos, Raikou, Mewtwo, Zekrom.. Like you said there's more than 10 out there but I does give an idea.

2. Hai, I do believe that they didn't fix that yet can't say for sure as I haven't purchase X or Y yet and I don't know if I will. It's the only gen that didn't appeal me at all not even mascots. Oh I haven't bought B/W 2 mostly because I feel like theu wanted to do a 3rd version spliy into 2 parts which myself found it not cool.... Trying to squeeze more money out of us..... No thanks tho I got a feeling that you bought both?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:35:07 PM by Seiya »

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2014, 11:55:04 PM »
Seeing as I don't employ FEAR (never have, for that matter), I don't know if they 'fixed it', but I think I read that they made some changes to it...

Lol yeah, I ended up buying both Black 2 and White 2... originally I wasn't going to, but the shop I got them from was offering preorders for them at a much lower price for them (pretty much what every other shop sells them at normally, the shop I got them from often hikes the price up on really popular franchises by a far bit...) with a whole bunch of pretty cool preorder bonuses if you purchased both... which practically sold me on them. I'm such a sucker for preorder bonuses...  :emo:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:31:27 AM by WotaYagi »

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJEyj6ctTQ

Err... Primal Kyogre seems to have a surprisingly simple anatomy... just try looking inside of him xD

If you see the Mega Sceptile tail disappear during an attack it's apparently intentional:
"Mega Sceptile can cut off a portion of its tail to fire it like a missile at an opponent."

Some more Megas
[spoiler]
 "Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch"
...Why do I suddenly see Shiryu and Dohko???

Mega Diance
"The impurities upon its body’s surface have fallen away, and it sparkles so brilliantly when reflecting light that you cannot look directly at it. The diamond on its head measures over 2,000 carats."

Too girly...I'll pass xD
[/spoiler]

@Seiya, I think you probably already know this but just in case. Black/White 2 are actually sequel to Black/White with different stories, new and altered areas et cetera. Stuff will still be familiar but they did change and add enough to keep it fresh most of the time.

I think it's a step up from doing rehash of the first two versions like the previous gens.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2014, 01:49:11 PM »
1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJEyj6ctTQ

Err... Primal Kyogre seems to have a surprisingly simple anatomy... just try looking inside of him xD

2.If you see the Mega Sceptile tail disappear during an attack it's apparently intentional:
"Mega Sceptile can cut off a portion of its tail to fire it like a missile at an opponent.

3.@Seiya, I think you probably already know this but just in case. Black/White 2 are actually sequel to Black/White with different stories, new and altered areas et cetera. Stuff will still be familiar but they did change and add enough to keep it fresh most of the time.

I think it's a step up from doing rehash of the first two versions like the previous gens.

1. Holy crap that's the famous Diance at the end? Looks like a bride for goodness sake... Pass!!!

2. Sorry Mega Sceptile to me looks like a reptile that has a xmas tree stuck in his..... Sigh I really hate Megas... they just look.. ridiculous and too much for my taste.

3. Yes I do know that is totally different however...the changes in Pokemon species were little to none....just form changes....nothing more.. You see I am one of those guys that doesn't want a different story with the same Pokemon exactly as well as the same region. What I like is new story and new Pokemon not either of them, I want both! I am not saying that I don't want the old Pokemon in the game but when the Pokemon are exactly the same I don't feel excited...that feeling is gone.. Now for remakes is different.. Yes it is the same game with a few changes however we are talking about a game that is really old but witn bettet graphics and not the same generation that was just 2 years ago.
Also I have to add this....it is fine for a 3rd version of the game as it completes the other two in a way but when you need two to complete the other two then that's going a little too far. In the previous 2 generations with the 3rd version you could get the missing mascot as you get both but B/W 2 doesn't.. Of course the smart thing to do is get the next one depending on the one you bought....for instance I started with White so I should get White 2. But in any case I just wanted the 3rd game to complete the other 2 that is all. Am I too stubborn? 😋

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »
1. Holy crap that's the famous Diance at the end? Looks like a bride for goodness sake... Pass!!!

2. Sorry Mega Sceptile to me looks like a reptile that has a xmas tree stuck in his..... Sigh I really hate Megas... they just look.. ridiculous and too much for my taste.

3. Yes I do know that is totally different however...the changes in Pokemon species were little to none....just form changes....nothing more.. You see I am one of those guys that doesn't want a different story with the same Pokemon exactly as well as the same region. What I like is new story and new Pokemon not either of them, I want both! I am not saying that I don't want the old Pokemon in the game but when the Pokemon are exactly the same I don't feel excited...that feeling is gone.. Now for remakes is different.. Yes it is the same game with a few changes however we are talking about a game that is really old but witn bettet graphics and not the same generation that was just 2 years ago.
Also I have to add this....it is fine for a 3rd version of the game as it completes the other two in a way but when you need two to complete the other two then that's going a little too far. In the previous 2 generations with the 3rd version you could get the missing mascot as you get both but B/W 2 doesn't.. Of course the smart thing to do is get the next one depending on the one you bought....for instance I started with White so I should get White 2. But in any case I just wanted the 3rd game to complete the other 2 that is all. Am I too stubborn? 😋

1. Yeah, pretty much. I probably was never gonna use Diancie in the first place (it's Rock/Fairy or something... I don't use 'little' Fairy-types).

2. Most of them do look way too ridiculous, definitely. Although I find that Mega Sceptile is a lot less ridiculous than most... it appears to be like the only Mega Evolution I've willingly used: Mega Venusaur. Both of them appear to just gain a whole lot more plant stuff on them.

3. This may not have been what you were saying, but in Black and White 2 you could catch Pokémon from older generations before you beat the main story... unlike Black and White. (I hated that idea in the first two that you could only get older-gen Pokémon after beating the main story.)

1. Err... Primal Kyogre seems to have a surprisingly simple anatomy... just try looking inside of him xD

2. If you see the Mega Sceptile tail disappear during an attack it's apparently intentional:
"Mega Sceptile can cut off a portion of its tail to fire it like a missile at an opponent.

1. Lol xD

2. Like the lizard he is, the tail will obviously grow back... although it'll be the whole tail not just a little bump at the end like real-life lizards.  :smirk:

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »

1. Yeah...I think it's an okay design albeit a bit too girly, but as a Pokemon? Nope.

2. Agreed on sceptile, I think he's one of the worst looking mega so far. I think the xmas tail look hilarious but that's a different story...

3. You have some good point there. I understand about having both new story and pokemons.

Although actually... you can get all the legendary mascots by buying just either B and B2 or W and W2. For example, in White you can get a Zekrom and a Kyurem. If you buy White 2 you can then get a Reshiram and a Kyurem and 1 DNA splicer. With the DNA splicer you can then make White/Black Kyurem and these are easily reversible, so you do have all the legendaries. In any of the games (B2/W2, possibly X/Y I haven't tested it out yet) you can use the key item to fuse the pokemons and have both White and Black Kyurem but not both at the same time. In other word, they don't want you to be able to have both Kyurems in one game and you can't even if you buy both versions. Also, you can't trade the fused version of Kyurem to another game, it have to be separated first.

So what they did here is in fact more beneficial for people who only went for Black or White instead of buying both. While I think this benefits most people (like me, I played White and my cousin have Black) it's must had been quite a blow to people who brought both Black and White or both Black and White 2  because I don't think they were too clear on how it works because, you know, spoilers. (what do you think, Yagi? ;D)

1. Lol xD

2. Like the lizard he is, the tail will obviously grow back... although it'll be the whole tail not just a little bump at the end like real-life lizards.  :smirk:

1. Transparent Kyogre is see-through xD Also, look again, the guy Primal form also looks like a giant water droplet, it sort of fit I guess?

2. Yup, I would love to have him if it means I can have infinite supply of christmas tree xD
I don't actually like Sceptile design that much even without the mega, mainly because of Grovlye. Grovlye looked as if he's going to sprout wings (pun intended), then Sceptile showed up and he's earthbound. :emo:

Saw these comments...interesting
(note: these are about name speculations, don't click on it if you don't want to deal with it anymore xD)

[spoiler]
From YT

"It actually makes sense why they made it the way they did because Primal Groudon  is part fire type and fire usually destroys things like Omega which means "the end" while water brings things life like Alpha or "the beginning". Although the meaning isn't taken in regard in terms of the order of how you say both games, when thinking of the legendaries they correspond to, it makes sense."

"You've got a good point there about Omega being the end and Alpha being the beginning. I always knew what they meant but I didn't put it in that sort of context for some reason. They could also incorporate something about the Omega and Alpha symbols in the story as well, instead of them just being there."

"i think it has to do with alpha sounding similar to aqua and omega sounding similar to magma, but who knows"

"Not to mention Magmas symbo has an omega in it and the Aqua sign is shaped like alpha"

Logos from the original Gen III games

I'll still also say it fits rather well with the evolution theme.
[/spoiler]

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »
So what they did here is in fact more beneficial for people who only went for Black or White instead of buying both. While I think this benefits most people (like me, I played White and my cousin have Black) it's must had been quite a blow to people who brought both Black and White or both Black and White 2  because I don't think they were too clear on how it works because, you know, spoilers. (what do you think, Yagi? ;D)

I almost always get both versions of the game... although because like I said in an earlier post, I'm a sucker for preorder bonuses and that was kinda more the reason as to why I got both Black and White 2... but yeah, there was practically no explanation on what they were trying to do. What happened has happened and there's no changing it now.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »
1. Yeah...I think it's an okay design albeit a bit too girly, but as a Pokemon? Nope.

2.Although actually... you can get all the legendary mascots by buying just either B and B2 or W and W2. For example, in White you can get a Zekrom and a Kyurem. If you buy White 2 you can then get a Reshiram and a Kyurem and 1 DNA splicer. With the DNA splicer you can then make White/Black Kyurem and these are easily reversible, so you do have all the legendaries. In any of the games (B2/W2, possibly X/Y I haven't tested it out yet) you can use the key item to fuse the pokemons and have both White and Black Kyurem but not both at the same time. In other word, they don't want you to be able to have both Kyurems in one game and you can't even if you buy both versions. Also, you can't trade the fused version of Kyurem to another game, it have to be separated first.

1. I know...it's just another Meloetta for me...too girly looking...I am good with cute but not with too girly looks...while Chansey and Blissey might look girly but me personally...I don't see it because they look like Pokemon...and not girls...

2. I have already said the same thing Niello-chan....I gave the example of me having White and then go for White 2...but what I meant is why release once again two versions just to split the game again it's not in my understanding. I always thought that the 3rd version would be called Gray version and would have Kyurem as it's mascot(maybe it was too cliche) but yeah that was truly a surprise.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2014, 12:15:04 AM »
I always thought that the 3rd version would be called Gray version and would have Kyurem as it's mascot(maybe it was too cliche) but yeah that was truly a surprise.

I'm pretty sure everyone thought that that was going to be what would happen... after all, they did trademark "Pokemon Grey" or something like that.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »
They did?  I must have missed that part..however that was my assumption as soon as Black/White were out. I love to guess for the 3rd version of Pokemon.
I did guess wrong again with Diamond/Pearl...would never think of Platinum since it's metal and the other two were precious stones so I was expecting either Onyx or Obsidian (they both fit quite nice for Giratina don't you think?)...then again something happened with Gold/Silver that's where I was expecting Platinum but instead we got Crystal....which is again a precious stone. The only one that I was right on was for Emerald version. Could be the biggest cliche tho of all...lol.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure they did... but yeah most people were assuming that Black and White would be followed up by Grey. Guessing what the next game is going to be called is pretty fun isn't it? (I always thought after X and Y were announced that they should then do games with Greek letter names or something, and look where we are now...) Onyx and Obsidian do fit quite well with Giratina. I guess they try to keep fans on their toes with the names of the new games sometimes.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2014, 01:08:27 AM »
Yep same here..I was thinking of Alpha/Beta and then Gamma but Ruby/Sapphire remakes totally ruined it for me lol. Oh well it was good while it lasted. :P