Author Topic: New Pokemon Games  (Read 6211 times)

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon Games
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 04:10:53 AM »
You are right I forgot about him, probably because I didn't like it much (I mean look at that thing) and I don't like the dual type of Dragon/Ground, one Ice Beam and he is down.

Yeah, he's not the greatest legendary around. I pretty much caught him on X and then in the box was where he stayed...
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 07:56:51 PM »
Okay, this thread has been dead for pretty much a month now, but we have some images now:

[spoiler]
Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert (along with Diancie and Mega Blaziken):

Steven Stone:

Team Magma and Team Aqua:

[/spoiler]

There might be more images out there but that's all I could find for now.

Also, apologies to any Admins/Mods but I find it necessary to 'double post' in this case, and the previous post which was by me is about a month old and completely irrelevant to this post... if you want me to merge it just let me know and I'll do it.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Okay, this thread has been dead for pretty much a month now, but we have some images now:

[spoiler]
Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert (along with Diancie and Mega Blaziken):

Steven Stone:

Team Magma and Team Aqua:

[/spoiler]

There might be more images out there but that's all I could find for now.

Ahh, I was gonna post about that but you beat me to it. :P

Some extra pics and info from Serebii.net

Quote from: serebii.net
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim.
Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game
The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.

[spoiler]
http://serebii.net/corocoro7142.jpg

http://serebii.net/corocoro7144.jpg
[/spoiler]

Love the mega evolutions but I'm not liking Maxie and Archie, but that might change depending on the in-game model. Oh, and Steven is back (hopefully as the champion this time), cheers!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »
Love the mega evolutions but I'm not liking Maxie and Archie, but that might change depending on the in-game model. Oh, and Steven is back (hopefully as the champion this time), cheers!

I have never liked the Mega Evolution not because they don't look good but you waste a turn just to...evolve.  :-.-:

Also, apologies to any Admins/Mods but I find it necessary to 'double post' in this case, and the previous post which was by me is about a month old and completely irrelevant to this post... if you want me to merge it just let me know and I'll do it.

It's fine, it is exactly as you said, it's been a while since you posted here. Double posting is against the rules when it's like a few minutes later.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 08:55:10 PM »
I have never liked the Mega Evolution not because they don't look good but you waste a turn just to...evolve.  :-.-:

What are you talking about? xD You don't waste any turn to Mega Evolve. You can do that and choose attack in the same turn. What you actually waste, however, is the precious item slot.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 08:58:30 PM »
Wait... even in competitive battles? (wi-fi)..I thought it worked different there.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
Wait... even in competitive battles? (wi-fi)..I thought it worked different there.

Yup, it works the same. Otherwise you would have seen a lot more complaints floating around.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. :)

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
Okay, so that whole thing about Groudon and Kyogre's new forms solves the mystery behind the yellow markings on them on the covers... I really wish they'd stop giving all these legendaries new forms, it's beginning to get a little out of hand, I feel. With these it makes a little sense, seeing as they are the "Super-Ancient Legendary Pokemon", according to the Ruby and Sapphire Soundtrack.

I find Mega Swampert to now be one of the equal-worst Mega Evolutions. I never liked the whole idea of Mega Evolution in the first place, and I barely use it in the games (only when the game makes me (like the part with the Lucario you get from Korrina) of if I'm in a bit of a pinch). But giving Sceptile and Swampert Mega Evolutions was kinda unavoidable... thanks Blaziken. I won't be surprised if Nintendo releases a patch for X and Y so that Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert can be obtained in them too when these games release.  Mega Bangle? Mega Ring sounded stupid enough.

Steven looks pretty much the same (did he have those rings though?) and seeing as these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, Steven should champion and Wallace should be the Water-type Gym Leader again. I don't particularly mind the redesigns of Teams Aqua and Magma, although it's a different story with Brendan and May... May's bandanna looks ridiculous now that it is tied around her head and doesn't cover her hair, dammit. Hopefully we'll get character customisation like in X and Y, or at least different outfits that look more like the outfits that they had in Ruby and Sapphire (and maybe the green ones from Emerald as well). I'm interesting in seeing how the Gym Leaders fare, mainly if they got redesigns too (I think some should, some most definitely shouldn't).

Those screenshots in those pictures make this look like it'll function just like X and Y. How they'll do some of the cities/towns appears to yet be seen (Fortree, Sootopolis, Pacifilog, Ever Grande and Littleroot will more than likely either come out really bad or really good, there is no in between). I'm glad that they're keeping both bikes, though.

With E3 coming up, hopefully we'll get some more info about these games.  Mwuahaha

It's fine, it is exactly as you said, it's been a while since you posted here. Double posting is against the rules when it's like a few minutes later.

That's good to know, thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 09:54:43 PM »
Steven looks pretty much the same (did he have those rings though?) and seeing as these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, Steven should champion and Wallace should be the Water-type Gym Leader again.

Hai, Steven always had those rings.

Hmm I don't know which starter to choose yet.. I played Ruby twice (yes I had Ruby but now I am going to get Alpha Sapphire lol) I started with Treeko and then the second time I chose Mudkip. Torchic is out of question...I don't want KFB...

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 10:20:31 PM »
I guess I never noticed those rings...

I played Ruby and am now going for Alpha Sapphire too... lol. I'll more than likely go with Torchic as my starter and then get Treeko and Mudkip off either X or Y, whichever I breed them from...

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 10:25:31 PM »
Just read the earlier posts in this thread and I have a point to make regarding the name Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I think they make total sense. Evolution has always been the main concept in Pokemon. So as organisms evolved from living in the ocean to being able to live on dry land, Alpha with Sapphire (water) and Omega with Ruby (ground) makes total sense. Especially with the potential Delta Emerald where delta could stand for changes.

I find Mega Swampert to now be one of the equal-worst Mega Evolutions. I never liked the whole idea of Mega Evolution in the first place

Why? It can make the pokemon much stronger and it did allows older pokemons to get an update and have their time in the spotlight once again, including fan favourites. Not to mention we got some great and gorgeous designs out of it too. Here are some, and there're more.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Those screenshots in those pictures make this look like it'll function just like X and Y. How they'll do some of the cities/towns appears to yet be seen (Fortree, Sootopolis, Pacifilog, Ever Grande and Littleroot will more than likely either come out really bad or really good, there is no in between). I'm glad that they're keeping both bikes, though.

Agreed.

Hmm I don't know which starter to choose yet.. I played Ruby twice (yes I had Ruby but now I am going to get Alpha Sapphire lol) I started with Treeko and then the second time I chose Mudkip. Torchic is out of question...I don't want KFB...

Are you really sure about that though, Blaziken is holding the name of the strongest non-legendary pokemon ;)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »
1.I think they make total sense. Evolution has always been the main concept in Pokemon. So as organisms evolved from living in the ocean to being able to live on dry land, Alpha with Sapphire (water) and Omega with Ruby (ground) makes total sense. Especially with the potential Delta Emerald where delta could stand for changes.

2.Are you really sure about that though, Blaziken is holding the name of the strongest non-legendary pokemon ;)

1.Yeah but why not Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire is what I don't get..still. Having the letters as Tetsu-san said on their bodies is ridiculous idea as they don't look at all as any letters...it's absurd and I am quite pissed about it. If you ask me they could go with Alpha Ruby and Beta Sapphire...actually never mind because there won't be any Gamma Emerald as...these are remakes of classic games and make a Special Edition version for a Special Edition version just doesn't make sense.Anyway I am done with that lol.

2. Pretty sure, and KFB(in case you didn't get it the first time KFB stands for Kentucky Fried Blazechiken :P) is overrated...I have beaten many in the past even tho they were enlisted as Uber...the one with Speed Boost.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 11:26:12 PM »
Why? It can make the pokemon much stronger and it did allows older pokemons to get an update and have their time in the spotlight once again, including fan favourites. Not to mention we got some great and gorgeous designs out of it too. Here are some, and there're more.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In that list of images that you put there some of those are some of the ones that I dislike the most. Some are okay, such as Mega Venusaur, Banette, Ampharos, Houndoom, Absol (kinda) and Mawile (kinda) and now Sceptile. Some look ridiculous or just plain horrible (such as Mega Manectric, Mewtwo (both, but especially Y), Charizard (especially X, Y I don't mind so much), Gyarados, Gengar, now joined by Swampert), and then as much as I dislike Mega Evolution, there are a few Pokemon who I'd like to see have a Mega Evolution (primarily Luxray). The main reason as to why I don't like the idea of Mega Evolution is because I feel like they just make some Pokemon way too overpowered compared to others. A lot of people were getting annoyed with the idea of the Fairy type, which I still remain indifferent about. Although, those are my opinions on those matters, and everyone is allowed to have their own opinons.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 01:24:13 AM »
The Fairy type was not needed...Dragon types already have it tough with Ice, Dragon weakness...and honestly more than half of the Pokemon know Ice Beam or Ice Punch...sorry but I am one of those that don't like the Fairy type. Of course the combination of Dragon/Water will only crit if you have a Dragon type move against it so what?
Dark/Ghost had no weakness whatsoever so I am assuming they want to top that which if you ask me is stupid.
Tho thanks to that more Trainers will use Poison type moves as before Poison wasn't that popular.

I also don't like the Mega Evolution..sure it powers up the ones that are weak, but those who are actually quite beastly don't need it. I do agree that legendary shouldn't have the ability to evolve...they are frigging legendaries, they don't need to evolve. Should be perfect the way they are.