Author Topic: New Pokemon Games  (Read 6291 times)

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
New Pokemon Games
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:14:40 AM »
So Nintendo has announced that they're making two new main series Pokemon games, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! It's also now been confirmed that they are Ruby and Sapphire Version remakes! Scheduled for a worldwide November release on the 3DS/2DS!

Here's the English version covers:
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

The first thing I noticed was that their markings that are the colour of the other mascot legendary (Groudon's blue markings and Kyogre's red markings) are yellow in this colour artwork... I'm hoping they haven't actually changed the colours.

Anyway, I'm excited about this! Who else is?!
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon Games
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:19:34 AM »
Yeah i saw the trailer yesterday. I'm psyched!
I want Sapphire!

Tropicus ftw!

Oh and the yellow is just shiny stuff from the pokemons :)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:43:27 AM »
I woke up to the announcement being in my unread messages on my iPod today because a friend had mass sent us all (my Pokemon playing friends and myself) a message with just "Hoenn Remakes" in capital letters at around 2 in the morning (my time), and no more information (lol)... she was very excited... I was pretty excited too.
I'm not sure which version I want more, because I've played Ruby, and want to see it in 3DS form, but I've never played Sapphire, so I'm so conflicted (lol). Although I usually eventually get both versions, so I'll probably get Sapphire first and then try for Ruby...

On the topic of the yellow stuff, I was hoping that that's all it's supposed to be, although I gotta admit, they do look pretty cool like that. I wonder if elements such as character customisation from X and Y will end up in the game... and maybe some stuff from Emerald too..?

I'm just excitedly speculating so much at the moment, I feel like it's going to be a long wait until November...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:59:20 AM »
I am going to get Alpha Sapphire but I will have to buy a device too lol. First time in my life that I haven't bought the Nintendo device. Haven't bought the X,Y versions yet...didn't excite me, I don't know why.
I have the Ruby version but this time I am going with Alpha Sapphire.

@Yagi, if you haven't bought both versions before I suggest that you should just buy only one of them because the other will be left alone. I myself did this before with HG and SS but only bought them because of the special offer (get both versions to get miniatures of Ho-Oh, Lugia and Arceus). I tried to play both but I ended up playing only on SS.

P.S It should be Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire...since its Ruby and Sapphire as well as Alpha and Omega but whatever I am not going to judge the Pokemon Company.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 05:21:21 AM »
Yeah, I ended up buying a 3DS for X and Y, although the whole 'Mega Evolution' thing really annoyed me, and it still kinda does.

Seiya, I usually buy both versions, one when they come out and then the other a few months later, generally because (especially with Ruby and Sapphire) there can be some differences, other than the catchable Pokemon, that I like being able to play... I do tend to end up playing one version more than the other, but that's usually because I become accustomed to the Pokemon I have on one and not the other... My situation with HG and SS is pretty much the same as yours, I have both, but really only play SS. A lot of the other pairs though have a little more even gameplay from me. The Team Magma/Team Aqua alternate thing is probably the main difference between the two in the case of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, lol.

I agree with you on the idea that they should be Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, not Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but I highly doubt that the names are going to affect the games at all.... I think the only instance where the version's name has affected anything in the particular game is in HG and SS where Oak talks about the person with a 'Golden Heart' being able to catch Kyogre and a person with a 'Silver Soul' being able to catch Groudon (I'm pretty sure that's how it went, the Pokemon could be the other way around though) and then Rayquaza could be caught if they were together etc... I do tend to accidentally call them Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, out of the order thing lol.

A little unrelated to the actual games in question, but I do remember not long after getting X that they should use Greek letter names in the names for the next Pokemon, with something like Alpha and Beta and then Omega as the third one or something.... I guess this could be considered pretty close... xD

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 06:14:31 AM »
Yeah, X and Y didn't interest me as well. Might be because of the very western designs the pokemon has.

Sandshrew and Tropius will definitely be on my team.

Anyone else got any preferences?

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 06:46:33 AM »
I might get a Swellow at one stage... I'll definitely have Blaziken though. Tropius is also a possibility for me.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
Swellow of all?

Oh, the reason they are called Omega and Alpha are due to the symbols on Groudon and Kyogre

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »

A little unrelated to the actual games in question, but I do remember not long after getting X that they should use Greek letter names in the names for the next Pokemon, with something like Alpha and Beta and then Omega as the third one or something.... I guess this could be considered pretty close... xD

I actually think if there is going to be a third version of X and Y that is going to be called Z but only if there is going to be one and I am thinking that it will be a dragon or something like that to resemble the symbol but then again there is not such a Pokemon with that characteristic unless the certain Pokemon has a form change.

Yagi-san you waste soo much money on Pokemon but since you also enjoy both versions then I have nothing else to say :P, I just buy one of the two versions and then if there is a third version I buy that one as well because it usually settles the differences between the two versions.

Yeah, X and Y didn't interest me as well. Might be because of the very western designs the pokemon has.

Sandshrew and Tropius will definitely be on my team.

Anyone else got any preferences?

Ha funny thing is since I am going to buy the 3DS I will buy one of the X/Y games since I will have the console lol. I have to say the new versions of Pokemon Black and White was stupid, it was just to drain more money with a few change forms and new Gym Leaders etc etc the story didn't change much tho I was really close getting one.

Oh, the reason they are called Omega and Alpha are due to the symbols on Groudon and Kyogre

That's a really stupid reason as these markings are not even close to letters.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »
But if you look on groudons arm there's a very omega like character :D

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 11:22:32 AM »
Oh come on that doesn't look like Omega just because the upper part is round, Groudon and Kyogre have very similar markings so I really don't get all this stuff they made up just for the name of the remake.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
Meh, it's nothing that will affect sales :)

So, i haven't played any Pokemon since Diamond, what new stuff will be in?

Parry999

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
Meh, it's nothing that will affect sales :)

So, i haven't played any Pokemon since Diamond, what new stuff will be in?
Reuseable tms , 3d and hopfully an antagonist that past first grade. Because archie and maxie where dumb as floor mats.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 02:38:08 PM »
Swellow of all?

I have a liking for bird Pokemon. My original Ruby team had Swellow on it, so I might try Swellow again... although now that there's three more generations of Pokemon, I might not...

I actually think if there is going to be a third version of X and Y that is going to be called Z but only if there is going to be one and I am thinking that it will be a dragon or something like that to resemble the symbol but then again there is not such a Pokemon with that characteristic unless the certain Pokemon has a form change.

If there's a third version for X and Y it almost has to be Z. And Zygarde could easily fit the role of mascot legendary for it. He resembles a Z, and follows right after Xerneas and Yveltal on the Pokedex...

Reuseable tms , 3d and hopfully an antagonist that past first grade. Because archie and maxie where dumb as floor mats.

3D will be there, seeing as the games are for the 3DS. Reusable TMs seem to be a thing now so I would say its safe to assume that they are going to be included... in regards to the antagonists, maybe Archie and Maxie might be a bit better this time.

I would say that we can probably find some of the newer Pokemon in these two games as well. Whether or not they'll be all over Hoenn or restricted to post-Pokemon League areas is yet to be seen... I feel like they're going to have to change the gyms up a bit, hopefully the leaders/types of the gyms won't change and the gyms themselves won't be too different.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 11:08:47 PM »
If there's a third version for X and Y it almost has to be Z. And Zygarde could easily fit the role of mascot legendary for it. He resembles a Z, and follows right after Xerneas and Yveltal on the Pokedex...

You are right I forgot about him, probably because I didn't like it much (I mean look at that thing) and I don't like the dual type of Dragon/Ground, one Ice Beam and he is down.