Author Topic: Voice actors you want in Saint Seiya  (Read 15620 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Voice actors you want in Saint Seiya
« on: May 03, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
I was inspired by the Omega discussion thread to start this. Y'see, when (and if) they animate Next Dimension, they will have to change the cast list since the Goldies are all different from their modern era incarnations and the voice actor of Shiryu has died. Also, if the new CGI movie is received well, we might even get a new Saint Seiya series right after Omega. ...Personally, I want to see quite a few VAs in the series and I figure Toei would prefer to see newer ones rather than the veterans (unless they decide to do this the One Piece way and use famous voice actors for big roles, and more unknown ones for the minor roles).

RAI'S PERSONAL PICKS (mind you, these are my choices if we don't get the old cast... I'm also not done with everybody on this list)

Seiya: Kaito Ishikawa (I heard one of his deeper voices recently and I just LOVE him now) or KENN.
Shun: Shinnosuke Tachibana (good at somewhat feminine voices, yet still being badass)
Ikki: Takuma Terashima or Yasuyuki Kase (you wouldn't believe it, but Kankuro's voice actor CAN sound hotblooded as hell! Oh Touma... you and your mecha...)
Hyoga: Takashi Kondo (Hibari from Reborn! has a very Hyoga voice)
Shiryu: Yuuki Ono

Shion: Kenichi Suzumura
Ox: Masaya Takatsuka (he could actually play dozens of these roles and nobody would notice it was him. xD He just has an incredible range - you could say he's a character actor.)
Abel/Cain: Yuuichi Nakamura
Deathtoll: Yasuhiro Takato
Kaiser: Toru Ohkawa or Tomoaki Maeno (latter could also work as Izo)
Shijima: Daisuke Kishio (he could also play pretty much any Gold Saint except Ox)
Dohko: Jin Horikawa (Listen to this. The brown-haired fellow - Captain Tetsuya Onodera - has the voice I was thinking of.)
Izo: Kishou Taniyama
Cardinale: Kousuke Toriumi or Toshinobu Iida

Tenma: Junichi Kanemaru! (because I want him back, that's why! He has a really great teenager voice - he played a 14-year-old when he was 28.)
Saori:
Suikyo: Kenji Hamada
Suisho:
Marin:
Shaina:

Alone: Tsubasa Yonaga (Dunno. He's got a really good girly and/or timid voice, and he's also capable of being badass with a voice like that.)
Pandora:
Vermeer: Kenjiro Tsuda
Miyan: Mitsuo Iwata
Gargoyle: Keiji Fujiwara

Artemis:
Callisto:
Lascoumoune:
Touma: Shoutaro Morikubo

Chronos: Kinryuu Arimoto
Hecate:
Shunrei:
Shoryu:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:03:52 PM by Raiden [雷電] »

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
Re: Voice actors you want in Saint Seiya
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »
Well, your Kaito Ishikawa wish came true, lol!

If Seiya's new official VA for all future projects is to be Kaito Ishikawa, then I think Masakazu Morita would work as a good Tenma. The way I view Tenma is that, while he is like Seiya, he is someone separate and I feel that getting someone different to do his voice would work best. If not him, then Tetsuya Kakihara again. Maybe Yuki Kaji.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »
Well, your Kaito Ishikawa wish came true, lol!

Well..she heard him from the CGI movie trailer...she didn't know who he was until I mentioned that he was Ledo in Suisei no Gargantia...

Raiden-chan I like your choices they seem very reasonable. ;)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »
The reason I didn't pick Yuuki Kaji is because he's EVERYWHERE these days. Hearing him in pretty much every role is kind of boring. XD Reminds me of how Takehito Koyasu has started to bore me recently...

And that reminded me of voice actors I haven't picked yet. KaneJun would work SO well as Tenma it's not funny~

PS. Also put up examples of Yasuyuki Kase for Ikki and Jin Horikawa for Dohko. Both from Super Robot Wars. I mean, just imagine Ikki with an attack called "Rising Meteor", throwing a fireball and driving a Gold Saint into the roof or floor with it. Boom?
...I've changed my mind slightly about Yuuki Kaji. I still don't really like his usual voices since he uses those too much... but I recently heard Lyon Vastia in Fairy Tail and I'm turning into a puddle of fangirly goo here.

With that voice, he needs to play Hyoga. SO BAD.